Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baconheimer posted a flag for some sort of fascist England (I'm guessing) for the AHFA.

Using the flag's blue, I created the attached.

FASCISTengland.png

This is the flag of the Deutsche Völkisch Nationalistische Partei (German Peoples' Nationalist Party), or DVNP. It advocates pan-German nationalism and mass populism within a corporatist framework, but is more similar to organizations like the Spanish Falange than the NSDAP. (Okay, I just stuck the BUF insignia onto an Imperial German Tricolor. But hey, I think it looks cool :p)

scaled.php

Last edited:
This is the flag of the Deutsche Völkisch Nationalistische Partei (German Peoples' Nationalist Party), or DVNP. It advocates pan-German nationalism and mass populism within a corporatist framework, but is more similar to organizations like the Spanish Falange than the NSDAP. (Okay, I just stuck the BUF insignia onto an Imperial German Tricolor. But hey, I think it looks cool :p)

Hm, so far, I've never made a bad guy flag. You've inspired me to make one for that Falangist Silesia joke I created a few months ago. ;)

Nietzsche

Banned

...Yes. Yes it does look cool.

Nietzsche

Banned
Definitely.
Why is it that the worst regimes in history always have cool looking symbols?
I dunno if I'd call Mosley's work to be the most horrible regime in history, yeah it was incompetent as all fuck bu...

Wait a minute. Are we talking about Imperial Germany, the BUF, or some sort of strange Germano-British union state under co-rule of Adolf Hitler and Oswald Mosley?

Thande

Donor
My latest attempt in the never-ending quest to make a satisfactory-looking Anglo-French Union flag.

Hopefully you can see the logic behind this one, how it's effectively the French Tricolour with parts 'in front of it' that form the shape of the Union Jack.

AngloFrench 2.png

My latest attempt in the never-ending quest to make a satisfactory-looking Anglo-French Union flag.

Hopefully you can see the logic behind this one, how it's effectively the French Tricolour with parts 'in front of it' that form the shape of the Union Jack.

I see Norway.

Thande

Donor

That's a very cool flag. What would it look like if the bottom right part of the BUF insignia was coloured red rather than black to match the tricolour?

So, here is my first (mildly ASB) AH flag for a xenophobic, isolationist, paranoid, fascist-esque nation of militarist baddies (with nearly North Korean levels of opressiveness and surveillance). Ladies and gents, I give you the Falangist Free State of Silesia, a mostly unrecognized European country that occupies most of the territory of historical Silesia. Nominally a monarchy ruled by a senile Prussian-born aristocrat, it is actually led by the Falangist Party of Free Silesia, the only permited political party in the land. The light blue, gold and black field represent the unity of Upper (Polish/German) and Lower (Czech/German) Silesia. The eagle is that of Silesia, with added falangist imagery (yoke and arrows). Peculiarly, the small cross seen on the chest of the traditional eagle had been modified to be visible in the foreground of the central arrow, because church authorities complained about undermining the Christian tradition of the nation in its heraldry. The FPFS, not wanting to lose popular support, approved of the slight tweaking (since a little ol' cross didn't seem too threatening to the iconography of the party). The Falangist Silesians follow an extemely ultranationalist ideology about the "exceptionality of the Silesian race", which they back up by several myths of national origin and supposed historical written sources that prove these myths right (all of these sources were actually forged in the 19th and 20th century by more fervent early Silesian nationalists). Falangist Silesia is extremely isolationist and constantly at odds with neighbouring Poland and Czechoslovakia - though it often plays nice (through grinded teeth) in order to keep necessary goods and humanitarian aid flowing into its territory.

Falangist Free State of Silesia.png

Last edited:
^Nice!

The thread in NPC about Malawi restoring its old flag inspired me to make my own version of a new flag for Malawi, basically a mix of the 2010-12 one and the old/new one. Personally I think it looks nicer than either of them, but maybe a little too similar to Libya's new flag.

Flag of Malawi.png

Flag of Malawi.png

Thanks.

The thread in NPC about Malawi restoring its old flag inspired me to make my own version of a new flag for Malawi, basically a mix of the 2010-12 one and the old/new one. Personally I think it looks nicer than either of them, but maybe a little too similar to Libya's new flag.

I concur. The best of both worlds. :cool: I like it when the main figure in a flag is roughly at its centre. It's just better to look at. The sun on the recent newer flag was a bit overdone (though arguably more heraldic in shape), but the traditional figure of the sun rising on the horizon is also not the best, since it's juxtaposed with a pretty dull and dark field colour. So, I definitely approve of your minor tweaking.

It could be applied to a few things, actually. Like, if I recolour it with the old British Republican colours like so, it could be the flag of a fascist republican Britain in the 1930s.

Hm... Now I want to try various color combinations and start a thread for it, kind of like the Nordic Cross flag thread...
I miss that thread; it died just as I discovered it and posted a fuckton of examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.