Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here's a slight tweaking of Myanmar/Burma's flag. I think the star flag is nicer than the 1978-2010 flag which had an overly complex design in the canton and was too similar to Taiwan/the ROC's flag. I'm not so sure about this one - the shade of green is the same as on the actual flag, but I think a darker shade might be better.

Flag of Myanmar.png

Flag of Myanmar.png

And here's a slight tweaking of Myanmar/Burma's flag. I think the star flag is nicer than the 1978-2010 flag which had an overly complex design in the canton and was too similar to Taiwan/the ROC's flag. I'm not so sure about this one - the shade of green is the same as on the actual flag, but I think a darker shade might be better.

Wow. :) Again - a simple change, but definitely for the better in terms of looks.

View attachment 176226

The only slight problem with that is that it's even closer to the flag of the WWII Japanese Puppet State than OTLs one. Could work as a possible one though. Although then again it's also essentially the flag of the Shan state which could cause some issues relating to the ethnic balance. Really there are a load of reasons why pretty much all the Burmese hate the current flag.

On a related note :

The Despotate of Bernardine Librinegro

Founded: 2000
Population: 2 (1 ruler, 1 slave)
Type of government: anarcho-dadaist absolute despocy
Head of state: Bernard Black
Official languages: annoyed moaning and spouting verbal abuse at co-workers and customers alike
Banned cultural practices: tidying up, doing your accounts, being nice to people, actually enjoying bookselling
National dishes: dead bees from a windowsill and (cheap) vine lollies
National anthem: Millwall, Millwall, You're All Really Dreadful and Your Girlfriends Are Unfulfilled and Alienated

Republic of Bernardine Librinegro.png

Wasn't that in the christmas special: Sod Off Boney ?

no it was when he traveled back in time to win bets, but then changed history to become king of a absolutist monarchy in the united kingdom with no parliment (and eventually the entire universe, possibly by changing the first blackadders history) , was called Back & Forth, and was part of the millenium dome experience...first time i watched it was there actually x3...brilliant episode

Last edited:
Can anyone do a very stylised version of the Union Jack for me that retains the basic aesthetics but eliminates any religious connotations?

Thande

Donor
Can anyone do a very stylised version of the Union Jack for me that retains the basic aesthetics but eliminates any religious connotations?

Um...the OTL one? People don't connect the crosses with religion anymore, same as how the Soviets for a while used a naval jack based on the old Russian one with crosses on it:

500px-USSR%2C_Jack_and_fortress_flag_of_naval_fortresses_1924.svg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.