Flag of an independent Bengal?

There were talks of an independent Bengal, comprising of OTL Bangladesh and the Indian provinces of Assam and West Bengal (the former would most likely breakaway and form their own country). I can't see the OTL Bangladeshi flag being used so what would an independent Bengal flag look like?

I think that something with ancient symbolism would be used, such as how the Fepublic of Macedonia used something based on an old Macedonian artifact before being forces to change it by the Greeks, or how Zmbabwe has a stone bird on it. As the British East Indies Cmany took Bengal so early on there wouldn't have been any recent polity they could take as their flag though... Hmmm, maybe they use red and white stripes like the Malaysians did? Perhaps not.

Another idea worth considering is of course the Bengal tiger, which would very likely be the national animal and might even be present on the flag...

Freeciv (the open source version of Civilization II) uses this flag for Bengal, but I don't know if it has any historical basis at all.

latest