Finland in an CP Victory world

Well... it will probably be independent, if the CP don't win quite quickly.
It is more likely then not to gain a German prince as king, altough things might affect that (for instance, Sweden entering the war on the CP side early enough might lead to Finland gaining a Bernadotte cadet branch king instead).
Åland, too, would be affected by that: if Sweden enters on the CP side, and the CP win, then they're likely to gain Åland, which would affect Finland.
There's also Karelia to consider. In some CP Victory worlds, they would gain, while in some, they wouldn't.

Yes , Finland was to receive a German King and its Parliament included an upper chamber that was much like the House of Lords.

Well, you'd have a pro-German constitutional monarchy style Finland which may gain parts of Russia (large parts, in the best case). I believe that this Finland, along with the succesful CPs, would help defeat the Reds in the Russian civil war and establish another pro-German state in Russia. What goes on between Finland and said state, that are several options. If you have moderate liberal or social regimes in both, they may have no quarrel and you simply get a bigger Finland. If either or both have a more agressive regime (the likelier case, I think) then you'd get a war who's consequences are impossible to know.

Well, you'd have a pro-German constitutional monarchy style Finland which may gain parts of Russia (large parts, in the best case). I believe that this Finland, along with the succesful CPs, would help defeat the Reds in the Russian civil war and establish another pro-German state in Russia. What goes on between Finland and said state, that are several options. If you have moderate liberal or social regimes in both, they may have no quarrel and you simply get a bigger Finland. If either or both have a more agressive regime (the likelier case, I think) then you'd get a war who's consequences are impossible to know.

I won´t argue that the whites won´t win. The reds could well win in a CP victory world but the whites are likely to win if the Germans win quickly. (Also the pod is likely to be well before the revolution).

Anyway, I doubt the Russian government would be pro-German. Russia is just so big that containment is usually the only strategy. Russia is a leader not a follower.

Finland would definitely ally itself with Germany in that case.

What I´d like to know is whether or not a scandinavian wellfaremodel would take roots in Finland in this scenario.

Probably they´ll emulate Sweden... I suppose.

Why? Finland didn't really see itself as an inheritent of Scandinavian culture. Their ties with the rest of Scandinavia were mostly for political reasons, which would largely disappear if the Reds dont take Russia.In either case, I'd expect Finland to model itself somewhere between Tsarist Russia (the current, old model) and the Reich.

Why? Finland didn't really see itself as an inheritent of Scandinavian culture. Their ties with the rest of Scandinavia were mostly for political reasons, which would largely disappear if the Reds dont take Russia.In either case, I'd expect Finland to model itself somewhere between Tsarist Russia (the current, old model) and the Reich.
Not... exactly. You're forgetting the traditional connection to Sweden, which is compounded by the large population of Swedes within Finland.

Faeelin

Banned
Of course, even if the Germans appoint a prince, would the Finns let him stay on the throne for long?

Of course, even if the Germans appoint a prince, would the Finns let him stay on the throne for long?

If he behaves himself, why stir up trouble with Germany?

I would imagine accepting the German prince as king would be a condition for German assistance in getting out from under the Russian boot.

Actually, from what one can gather from their behaviour in OTL, they were pretty okay with that, actually. Of course, that might just be pretending to curry favours with Germany to help gain independence, but as long as the King acts as if Finland is an independent state, and not a puppet of Germany, I think he could pull through. It would help if he made some public effort to learn Finnish...

Susano

Banned
Thing is, Finnland wouldnt be Poland or Lithuania or the United Baltic Duchy. While it would gain a member of a German royal family as King (a Hesse, to be exact :) *), they would most likely not become puppets. If only because of the distance involved and becasue no German troops have even set foot on Finland during the war. Hence, indeed removing the King would just stir up trouble with Germany, it just wouldnt be worth it.

But, yes, things change if Sweden enters the war. Then again, Sweden isnt that large. If they gain the Aaland islands and those Estonian islands, say, they already have made, for their size, quite large gains, so Finnland might still get its German King.

*Granddukes are royal, and hence grandducial families royal families :p

But, yes, things change if Sweden enters the war. Then again, Sweden isnt that large. If they gain the Aaland islands and those Estonian islands, say, they already have made, for their size, quite large gains, so Finnland might still get its German King.
Yes, you're quite right. I 'solved' that by not giving Sweden those Estonian islands, and having it be a cadet branch of the Bernadottes that got the Finnish throne, but...

Susano

Banned
Yes, you're quite right. I 'solved' that by not giving Sweden those Estonian islands, and having it be a cadet branch of the Bernadottes that got the Finnish throne, but...

YOU had a cadet line of the Bernadottes establish themselves? Great, now PlC even affects other timelines!

YOU had a cadet line of the Bernadottes establish themselves? Great, now PlC even affects other timelines!
Well, the Finnish would never accept being in personal union with Sweden, would they? Actually, the one that got the throne is something of a 'classic' in Cadet Bernadotte ATLs. The Norwegians offered to give him the throne in OTL (on the correct assumption that Oscar would stop that, of course, but still), SteveW had him become King of Albania...

Ah, here it is..
Sweden was to gain the Åland Islands, and Finland, including all of Kola and Karelia, was to be granted independence, with Prince Carl of Sweden, Duke of Västergötland and third son of King Oscar II, to be raised to the throne as King Kaarle I of Finland, after ceding all claims to the Swedish throne (to avoid a personal union between Finland and Sweden coming into effect), and promising to uphold the rights of the Finns and the Finnish-speaking.
While the Fennomans were not happy about getting a Swedish monarch, Karl’s promises, the fact that they were getting independence, as well as Kola and Karelia, appeased them enough for it to be accepted.