Finally! The Peshawar Lancers Map!

~The Doctor~

About the survival of the US... frankly, I can see a surviving state in the south (The Republic of Dixie, anyone?), or millions of refugees fleeing to Cuba and the rest of the Antilles. Or were they devastated in Peshawar Lancers?

Now, about the US. It's a bit hard for me to see everyone moving south, because Reconstruction is just finished, and southerners will not appreciate more Yankees coming south (especially when it's all of them). Also remember that loads of cities were wiped out by the tidal wave. A western movement (as well as a movement into Mexico) seems better, forming a US centred in Lousiania (not the state, but the Mississippi valley).

Now, about the US. It's a bit hard for me to see everyone moving south, because Reconstruction is just finished, and southerners will not appreciate more Yankees coming south (especially when it's all of them). Also remember that loads of cities were wiped out by the tidal wave. A western movement (as well as a movement into Mexico) seems better, forming a US centred in Lousiania (not the state, but the Mississippi valley).

Could we see it conquering bits of Mexico?

Don't forget, there is always the possibility of re-colonising/settling the coastal areas...

Could we see a balkanised US, with Texas expanding south and the rest reclaiming the old territory of the US? :confused:

I think that in most of these maps the penetration of Japan into china seems a bit too far. China is a pretty hostile environment, hell most of it isnt really suitable for agriculture, especially since the fall would have meant the eradication of all social capital that allowed agriculture. I think that pentration should be shown solid along rivers, the coast and particular regions that are strategically important for wars against the raj, Also i think that the Caliphates control of central arabia is slightly far fetched, no ones done that since the umayyads

oh one thing i dont get about the books is how does japan survive, its pretty much the same latitude as britain and has a harsher climate (both hotter and colder) in 1875 it couldnt feed its population without imports, how the hell does it survive to conquer half of asia?

Less industrialised, less free, more reliant on the sea, etc...

1.Could we see it conquering bits of Mexico?

2.Don't forget, there is always the possibility of re-colonising/settling the coastal areas...

3.Could we see a balkanised US, with Texas expanding south and the rest reclaiming the old territory of the US? :confused:
1. Certainly.

2. True, but the centre of power is most likely to remain where it was movedafter the Fall (ex: Angrezi Raj has its centre of power in India even though England is pretty much recolonised, the Danube Empire (in my map) still has its capital in Belgrade, France remains centred in Algeria even after recolonising continental France.

3. Possibly, maybe even probably, but I'd like a united US better. It is also not implausible that the South would break away again in the chaos...

About the balkanised US question... what about a balkanised world? Split the Raj up, shatter Outremer somewhat, and add more countries everywhere...

About the balkanised US question... what about a balkanised world? Split the Raj up, shatter Outremer somewhat, and add more countries everywhere...

Nice idea - the Second Mutiny succeeds, the Caliphate never resurges, the Russians starve instead of eating people, the French fail due to being French... Dai-Nippon, how could you have that fall?

I'd personally prefer that we don't stray too far from the book. I'd also like to keep a few aspects of the book's general style as well:

1. Hybrid cultures (Anglo-Indians, French-Algerians, Chinese-Japanese)

2. Empires that aren't too balkanized (Raj, France-Outremer, Caliphate, Brasil). Maybe they are fractious, with areas outright in revolt, but I like the general idea of the Fall being so bad that only the strongest nations are left in its wake.

3. Huge areas of untamed, wild lands. (North America, Africa, all of the shadowy bits of Latin America and Europe) Because having huge parts of the U.S. survive kind of undermines the entire style of the original novel.

And Soverign in the other thread brought up a vital point: there's a little Ice Age. Huge parts of the world are screwed and destined to fall to cannibalistic chaos.

Well, there are two factions:
-1 is me and probably some oithers who say that realism trumps the book and write a timeline
-2 is others who want to stay by the book somewhat, and change it only.
I say we highlight this by having a thread that uses 1.

Yeah, it buys into the whole yellow peril nonsense of Imperial Japanese fanatic militarism crossed with the Chinese ability to force their conquerors to assimilate to Han culture. The Big One, in its myriad of idiocies, had this with its "Chipan."

But I have to admit the hybrid culture scenes in TPL were amusing, in a pulpy way. I think there was only one, though. When the Russian villain met the Chinese scholar emissary and the Japanese samurai admiral, I believe. I'm pretty sure that scene, plus the one when the ninjas show up, were all Stirling wrote of Dai-Nippon directly in the book. Kind of lame.

Vault-Scope

Banned
To begin with, Mexico and all of central america would have been invaded by the USA (with locals probably getting put on the grill).
Same think with turkish part of ottomam empire & Russian empire (along with Germany and every balkanic nationalities).
Brasil should have gotten off the conflict rather easely, along with neighbouring Argentina.
Population reducing in england should not be 1/9, 1/3 at worst.

Even thought Japan is next to the pacific, climat there is far from tropical.
Unification of Japan and China part is pretty easy hovewer, Chines empire brokes down into small warlord states and a surviving and united Japan annnexes them one after the other.

m2thet5678

Banned
Time for a shocker...Peshawar Lancers Adaptation...In Equirectangular Projection:eek::eek::eek:

PL Real.jpg