Fidel, Raul and Che die during the Cuban Revolution: Does Cuba still become Communist?

GeographyDude

Gone Fishin'
Going from a bloody dictatorship in service to the Soviet Union to a bloody dictatorship in service to the United States.....hmmm....choices, choices /s :noexpression:
Revolutions that throw out a dictator and end up replacing him with something better are, sadly, not very common. . .
I know some people were put in jail in Castro’s Cuba for speech, or suspected thought, including a poet. And human beings as human beings, I figure there was direct killing, and hate it, and wish it wasn’t the case.

But all the same,

If we compare Cuba to El Salvador in which at least one entire village was attacked for syspucion of being sympathetic to the lefty rebel army, or Guatemala in which enough indigenous persons were killed by the military dictatorship so that it can properly called genocide. Or if we compare Cuba to Romania during the Ceaușescu years,

I think one could do worse than being reincarnated into Cuba during the cold war years! :openedeyewink: