Fenians, Brits, Mexicans, Canucks and Frenchies....OH, MY! An alternate American Civil War

I agree with this statement, the start of this story was the American Civil War with divergences and now we are simply seeing the ripples it has on the US and the world.

Was it? The author can take the story wherever he wants to but the title clearly states it is an “Alternate Civil War” with Irish, British, Mexican, Canadian and French flavours added. Nothing about ‘the History of the World in 300 pages’ or ‘Emperor Pedro’s World Tour’ or such.

I took it to be an ATL about the American Civil War where Britain gets involved and thus Canada is up for grabs and a confrontation between USA and Imperial France in Mexico. Kinda like a Confederate wet dream or Lincoln having to pull out all the stops to contain a civil war with foreign interventions.

Instead, the story had meandered far beyond the ACW and a vast array of other nations pop up and then disappear. And it’s supreme Americawank to imagine the ACW had that much effect on the rest of the world. But to each their own. If people enjoy the story, that’s great. I’ve merely lost interest.

Was it? The author can take the story wherever he wants to but the title clearly states it is an “Alternate Civil War” with Irish, British, Mexican, Canadian and French flavours added. Nothing about ‘the History of the World in 300 pages’ or ‘Emperor Pedro’s World Tour’ or such.

I took it to be an ATL about the American Civil War where Britain gets involved and thus Canada is up for grabs and a confrontation between USA and Imperial France in Mexico. Kinda like a Confederate wet dream or Lincoln having to pull out all the stops to contain a civil war with foreign interventions.

Instead, the story had meandered far beyond the ACW and a vast array of other nations pop up and then disappear. And it’s supreme Americawank to imagine the ACW had that much effect on the rest of the world. But to each their own. If people enjoy the story, that’s great. I’ve merely lost interest.
Sorry the story isn't to your liking. I personally like where the story is going. The ATL Civil War was just the beginning, we can't stay looking in America all the time. The other world players would see how the Civil War is going and interact as they see fit. Some won and some lost, we are seeing the effects of those actions. I don't see how this story is a Americawank, the US still lost a lot of people in the Civil War and war against Britain. They may have gained Canada, but areas along the east are independent from the US and don't like being dominated by them. America is not an instant bastion of racial equality despite the hard work from presidents after the war. Reconstruction is still going and the Southern states are still proving resistant despite many black people leaving the South, violence and intimidation is still happening. The US has gained a lot, but they now have a difference set of issues to adapt and overcome to have some type of success. I hope you stay on and read a bit more, but you have your own opinion.

Honestly, I love this story. Has it maybe meandered a bit from the original premise? Maybe. But that being said, it does look at Reconstruction and the ripple effects from there., which too many TL's overlook. I wonder about the plausibility of some events, but I don't feel it detracts from the story. I hope to see this continue for as long as the author has the drive to continue it.

Honestly though i have to suspend my disbelief at many of the European details (because really, some of them make no sense in historical context, and the fact that A British intervention is going to 99.9% lead to American defeat in ACW), I have enjoyed the timeline.

It's a good timeline.

The alt-CW affects Europe because of the differences from OTL. The quick Union victory freed us up to intervene on behalf of Mexico, so that became a France-screw. The direct English intervention on behalf of the CSA caused a significant domino effect.

All of which altered the internal politics of those nations and the behavior of other European powers. Now we're 15 years after the end of the war so the divergence from OTL is significant.

I'd still like to play this as a video game.