Fear Nothing But God: A Graphical History

Hey everyone thanks for the suggestions! I've started work on a big-ish update that should answer some questions re: TV/Movies/Food and should be a nice insight into life in the TL! :D Look out for that sometime in the next week or two as looking to be rather long so I have no clue how long it'll take.

Relating to that; Considering that it's two women being mentioned, and TTL's relatively accelerated progress (I think?) on gay rights, is this a Royal Wedding of Amelie and Josephine?
I wondered when someone would notice this! :D Yes indeed, that's Princess/Dauphine Josephine (Bourbon) and her fiance, Comtess Amelie of Montbeliard. That should get its own update alongside the big France update I'm chipping away at. Sometime after the cultural update. Salic law is dead, circa the 1940s, and France is a leading force for feminism and PSP (Panphillic, Sapphic, Patroclic/LGBT) rights in Europe by TTL's 2021.

Current things in the works are:
- The big cultural thing I'm working on
- France + Royal Wedding
- Factories Summary
- Japan Summary (Just randomly because I've been getting into a bunch of Japanese stuff irl)
- A Concordist/Mississippi update

Which will probably come out in that order!

Hey everyone thanks for the suggestions! I've started work on a big-ish update that should answer some questions re: TV/Movies/Food and should be a nice insight into life in the TL! :D Look out for that sometime in the next week or two as looking to be rather long so I have no clue how long it'll take.

I wondered when someone would notice this! :D Yes indeed, that's Princess/Dauphine Josephine (Bourbon) and her fiance, Comtess Amelie of Montbeliard. That should get its own update alongside the big France update I'm chipping away at. Sometime after the cultural update. Salic law is dead, circa the 1940s, and France is a leading force for feminism and PSP (Panphillic, Sapphic, Patroclic/LGBT) rights in Europe by TTL's 2021.

Current things in the works are:
- The big cultural thing I'm working on
- France + Royal Wedding
- Factories Summary
- Japan Summary (Just randomly because I've been getting into a bunch of Japanese stuff irl)
- A Concordist/Mississippi update

Which will probably come out in that order!
Fabulous!

banner-png.493779

Political Map of the World, 2019

HkvqbXJ.png

Note: A few errors persist and a few changes need to be made but this is the broad setup.
Did the Gurkhas of Nepal literally conquer all of north india? And convert to Islam along the way?

Last edited:

PNWKing

Banned
I'd assume since there are butterflies that noone from OTL exists, considering that it's a POD in the 1600s. But Our Fair Country & These Fair Shores have OTL people despite having PODs a century after this one.

Culture of the Fraternal Commonwealth
banner-transparent-png.594372

6NqA2S8nn3iuRyGU3RikrnVxoRXOQKMgv8JlafhMTChbKsm4fngRMsO0QXB8UaogDquOVRqlzFl_rzYtfnqF1iI8jOLONrjMNAG2R-SByXj8ZXxXek6c-K_9k0kSW8JnTeq4hc3ATA=w2400

So this was a ridiculous idea and something I'm never going to do again. it was far too time and labour intensive to be worth it but hottdamn, its finally done! Not sure how easy it is to read but should have at least a few interesting bits to it. I'm 100% sure there will be errors because its such a huge project but I hope people enjoy. Credit to the real Culture of the UK page on wikipedia for providing the base and skeleton of the work.

I do hope people enjoy and would love feedback but might take me a while to reply as this has totally burned me out! Hope you enjoy :)

Last edited:

6NqA2S8nn3iuRyGU3RikrnVxoRXOQKMgv8JlafhMTChbKsm4fngRMsO0QXB8UaogDquOVRqlzFl_rzYtfnqF1iI8jOLONrjMNAG2R-SByXj8ZXxXek6c-K_9k0kSW8JnTeq4hc3ATA=w2400

So this was a ridiculous idea and something I'm never going to do again. it was far too time and labour intensive to be worth it but hottdamn, its finally done! Not sure how easy it is to read but should have at least a few interesting bits to it. I'm 100% sure there will be errors because its such a huge project but I hope people enjoy. Credit to the real Culture of the UK page on wikipedia for providing the base and skeleton of the work.

I do hope people enjoy and would love feedback but might take me a while to reply as this has totally burned me out! Hope you enjoy :)
This the most beautiful thing I have ever seen

This the most beautiful thing I have ever seen

Ahaha I'm not sure about that but I'm really glad you liked it! It was a big endeavour but based on the response I think it was worth it. :D

It's so huuuuuuuuge! But I can't look away.

I think it'll take people a while to get through, probably best enjoyed bit by bit! But again super glad you liked it.

EDIT:

Could we have some more information about the various factories of the FC, please?

Absolutely! That's what I'm planning on doing next :)

What the fuck

The secret ingredient is neglecting all my real life obligations :cool:

The Hamilton part got me.

Aha its probably the bluntest reference to IRL but I thought it was fun :p

I really appreciate how clever yet recognisable this is

Thank you! This was always a big goal; diverge and get weird but keep it tangible and vaguely real.

See I know I'm doing well when people are making memes about my stuff :D Really glad you enjoyed it and once again thanks everyone for the very kind response.

If anything is hard to read or you'd like more details/explanations on different areas feel free to hit me!

What was the inspiration for names like "Clang" and "Skiff"?

Good question! Skiff is something I came up with ages ago and I honestly can't remember the original thought process. I think it was a genuie comparison of the shape of early planes and gliders with shallow hulled boats, which do look similar. "So it looks like a boat in the sky, oh not just a boat but a skiff, a cloudskiff!"

Clang/Jump/Bounce/ect, I just spent a day writing down different names I could think of for music genres and inventing what they might sound like from there. I tried to think about real life genres (rock/punk/pop) and emulate the style we used but diverging a little in the specifics.

There isn't usually a general rule but I guess two main types of things: a) OTL slang/words that fell out of use or remained obscure, this is where stuff like "Physisology" for Biology (though I should have gone for "lifelore" which is an OTL term) or "Universal Dictionary" for Encyclopedia came from, b) is trying to copy OTL trends but diverge in the specifics, as above. Railway becomes carriagetrack, Atom becomes Iota, dinosaur becames megasaur, ect ect. Honestly there's no science to it, its just fiction writing at that point.

Also because its "roundhead punk", as I have clunkily called it, I tend to hang on to a lot of 17th century stuff - hence Musket, Alchemy, Natural Philosophy, and so on (you might even see some "thou"s, "thee"s and the such!).

English food actually looks edible in this timeline.

Domesticated squirrels are also interesting. What's Modern Witchcraft like? Sort of similar to Wicca?

Last edited:
Incredible work, @Major Crimson; reminds me of the famous New England wikipage. If there's one criticism I have to make, however, it would be the page formatting. Unfortunately, the font size and images are so small relative to the page width that it's almost impossible to read at normal zoom, while zooming in far enough to read means having to use the horizontal scroll bar to move the image back and forth after every sentence. The image resolution is also a bit low, enough to make the lettering appear blurry. But I assume that these minor issues should be easy enough to fix, since you should still have the source code?

Below is what the image looks like on a 4K screen, compared with an actual Wikipedia article.
iVG6UXq.jpg

X57ga3e.jpg