Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From what I learned IOTL Richard Donner did have a complete rewrite of Mario Puzos script hence why David & Leslie Newman were brought in however I like the of Leigh Bracket being brought in as Superman ITTL is more pulpy Scifi
But the question is who should cast as Jor-el? My choices are
  • Oliver Reed (as a favor to the Salkinds )
  • Gregory Peck (as a favor to Richard Donner)
  • John Hart (TVs Superman)
My thought was Richard Chamberlain who did Three Musketeers/Four Musketeers for the Salkinds but Gregory Peck would be good too.

Fawcett comics survives
Marv Wolfman had been the apprentice of Roy Thomas and got some notoriety for creating the Earth-2/ Batman villain Bullseye (often described as the hybrid of Deadshot & Joker). Marv had an idea for a space fairing hero named Richard Ryder aka the Star. Roy Thomas liked the idea however told his protege that his idea was basically Green lantern and suggested that if he was passionate about this idea that he should take his creation elsewhere.
Since Jack Coles retirement Bulletman had not been selling well and the newly rebrand CBS comics was considering it's cancelation. Marv Wolfman leaving DC was given the failing title, merging it with his idea and brought Bulletman and Bulletgirl into the 70's
PSX_20200314_143509.jpg
PSX_20200315_110709.jpg

Marv had the idea of grey metal helmet & prosthetics of the couple to Golden yellow and switched it from government prototypes to alien invention. Wolfman's new update on the title made Bulletgirl (Helen Taylor) more aggressive and quick to fight than the more fun loving but pragmatic Bulletman (Richard Ryder)

Marv Wolfman had been the apprentice of Roy Thomas and got some notoriety for creating the Earth-2/ Batman villain Bullseye (often described as the hybrid of Deadshot & Joker). Marv had an idea for a space fairing hero named Richard Ryder aka the Star. Roy Thomas liked the idea however told his protege that his idea was basically Green lantern and suggested that if he was passionate about this idea that he should take his creation elsewhere.
Since Jack Coles retirement Bulletman had not been selling well and the newly rebrand CBS comics was considering it's cancelation. Marv Wolfman leaving DC was given the failing title, merging it with his idea and brought Bulletman and Bulletgirl into the 70's
View attachment 530382View attachment 530383
Marv had the idea of grey metal helmet & prosthetics of the couple to Golden yellow and switched it from government prototypes to alien invention. Wolfman's new update on the title made Bulletgirl (Helen Taylor) more aggressive and quick to fight than the more fun loving but pragmatic Bulletman (Richard Ryder)
So Bulletman became Nova.
I like that .

So Bulletman became Nova.
I like that .
Technically the Nova IOTL became Bulletman
Originally I was debating to have Nova turn into Courageous Star or allow Atlas to have Nova be a successful character but then I realized considering his helmet & flying abilities he would make a an easy transition to Bulletman

Atlas comics
PSX_20200316_124527.jpg
In the spirit of the Bicentennial, Stan Lee was able to send an Olive branch to Jack Kirby to return to Atlas comics for a Captain America special
PSX_20200316_125718.jpg

The King was happy to return to the Star Spangled Avenger however dissatisfied with with DC handling of Kobra, and the likelihood of the New Gods being neutered in the upcoming Superman movie Kirby demaned complete creative control over any new projects he would wish to publish. Said new projects were were the comic book adaptation of 2001: a Space odyssey, and The Eternals

Last edited:
\
View attachment 530609
In the spirit of the Bicentennial, Stan Lee was able to send an Olive branch to Jack Kirby to return to Atlas comics for a Captain America special View attachment 530610
The King was happy to return to the Star Spangled Avenger however dissatisfied with with DC handling of Kobra, and the likelihood of the New Gods being neutered in the upcoming Superman movie Kirby demaned complete creative control over any new projects he would wish to publish. Said new projects were were the comic book adaptation of 2001: a Space odyssey, and The Eternals
So we don't get the weird Captain America run that did for Marvel in the OTL.
I remember the Great Artwork but the stories were really poor after the great run by Steve Englehart.
Captain did not do much other then look Cool.
But even at age 10, I knew that something was not working right.

Captain America best stories were some what ground in reality. The Secret Empire stories were inspired by Watergate .
Kirby work in the 70's had a Cosmic Vision . This work great in a title like the New Gods or 2001.
But it did not work with heroes like Cap and Black Panther.
Kirby Captain America title became Cap fight a monster each issue.

I wish that Kirby had been allow to write a title like Fantastic Four or the Incredible Hulk.
Kirby weirdness would have work better in those titles then it did in titles like Cap or Black Panther.

Last edited:
\

So we don't the weird Captain America run that did for Marvel in the OTL.
I remember the Great Artwork but the stories were really poor after the great run by Steve Englehart.
Captain did not do much other then look Cool.
But even at age 10, I knew that something was not working right.

Captain America best stories were some what ground in reality. The Secret Empire stories were inspired by Watergate .
Kirby work in the 70's had a Cosmic Vision . This work great in a title like the New Gods or 2001.
But it did not work with heroes like Cap and Black Panther.
Kirby Captain America title became Cap fight a monster each issue.

I wish that Kirby had been allow to write a title like Fantastic Four or the Incredible Hulk.
Kirby weirdness would have work better in those titles then it did in titles like Cap or Black Panther.
Jack being was not one to push himself into a comic if it already had an artist/writer team so he would not take over Captain America he just makes a Bicentennial special. That being said I could see him going back to the Fantastic four sometime before John Byrne's tenure an him starting up Black Panther is going to happen

View attachment 530876
In Europe Atlas UK introduced Captain Britain weekly by Writer Chris Claremont and Artist Jim Trimble
I assuming that there was not a Marvel Man Comic since it was originally a British continuation of the Captain Marvel Comics .
So we will not see the Alan Moore run on it . So it not as likely that Alan Moore will come to the US.
So No Alan Moore Swamp Thing run. No "For the Man who has Anything " story for Superman or JLA Animated Series and No Watchman or V for Vendetta.

This decreases the odds that Grant Morrison or Neil Gaiman will come to the US. So no Morrison runs on Doom Patrol , or Animal Man or The Invisibles or The X men and no Neal Gaiman run on Sandman .

No 2000a.d is not effected ITTL , Warrior has other Publications to work on. Hell whose to say Alan Moore doing Janus Snape isn't what draws him to the States

Actually, how about instead of the whole Miracleman series, Alan Moore does a ''Seven Stars'' series based on his own in-universe LoEG team of British superheroes for Warrior. Watchmen, V, all of that stuff will still happen. + didn't we talk about Watchmen and V going to Marvel's Epic line a few pages back?

Actually, how about instead of the whole Miracleman series, Alan Moore does a ''Seven Stars'' series based on his own in-universe LoEG team of British superheroes for Warrior. Watchmen, V, all of that stuff will still happen. + didn't we talk about Watchmen and V going to Marvel's Epic line a few pages back?
Considering Question is part of Fawcett, and Ted Kord doesn't exist there is no way Watchmen can happen