Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly I don't know I never saw the movie
No
It one of those films that worth watching once.
It not as bad as some people make it out to be but I also not denying that it has some serious problems.
It too campy and the Music Score badly hurts the movie.

But it has some nice action and the casting is almost prefect for Doc and his five aides.

The best adaption of Doc Savage is still the NPR Radio Show

It one of those films that worth watching once.
It not as bad as some people make it out to be but I also not denying that it has some serious problems.
It too campy and the Music Score badly hurts the movie.

But it has some nice action and the casting is almost prefect for Doc and his five aides.

The best adaption of Doc Savage is still the NPR Radio Show
Speaking of Radio shows I nearly forgot about the Fantastic four radio series
Fantastic Four is a short lived 1975 radio drama based on the Atlas Comics series. It adapted the early issues of the comic book by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

Main Cast
Stan Lee as the Narrator
Bob Maxwell as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic
Cynthia Adler as Sue Storm/The Invisible Girl
Jim Pappas as Ben Grimm/The Thing
Bill Murray as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch
Jerry Terheyden as Doctor Doom

Speaking of Radio shows I nearly forgot about the Fantastic four radio series
Fantastic Four is a short lived 1975 radio drama based on the Atlas Comics series. It adapted the early issues of the comic book by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

Main Cast
Stan Lee as the Narrator
Bob Maxwell as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic
Cynthia Adler as Sue Storm/The Invisible Girl
Jim Pappas as Ben Grimm/The Thing
Bill Murray as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch
Jerry Terheyden as Doctor Doom

There was also a short run Doctor Strange Radio Series in OTL

Power_Records.jpg

In 1975 Power Records their read & listen series successfully collaborating with the big Three comic companies where voice actors and orchestra followed original comics stories
DC
  • Batman​
  • Wonder Woman​
  • Superman​
  • Justice League of America​
Fawcett
  • Captain Marvel​
  • Mighty Isis​
  • Minute Man​
  • Moongirl​
Atlas
  • Amazing Spider-man​
  • Fantastic four​
  • Incredible Hulk​
  • Captain America​
  • Tomb of Dracula​
Other popular franchises Power records was able to aquire with original content where
  • Star Trek​
  • Planet of the Apes​
  • Lost in Space​
  • Kojak​
  • Six million dollar man​
Among others​

Last edited:
View attachment 519072
In 1975 Power Records their read & listen series successfully collaborating with the big Three comic companies where voice actors and orchestra followed original comics stories
DC
  • Batman​
  • Wonder Woman​
  • Superman​
  • Justice League of America​
Fawcett
  • Captain Marvel​
  • Mighty Isis​
  • Minute Man​
  • Moongirl​
Atlas
  • Amazing Spider-man​
  • Fantastic four​
  • Incredible Hulk​
  • Captain America​
Other popular franchises Power records was able to aquire with original content where
  • Star Trek​
  • Planet of the Apes​
  • Lost in Space​
  • Kojak​
  • Tarzan​
I loved Power Records back in the 70's .
All my friend had a bunch and we go to each other houses to listen to the ones we did not have.
I was first exposed to the Planet of the Apes Movies through Power Records.
I heard the four 45 that they did before I ever saw the movies.
Powers did not do Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.
You could blow up the Earth in beneath but Rioting Apes were too much.

For those who were not around in the 70's, this was Powers Take on Captain Marvel.

Did Power Record ever do a Tarzan Record in the OTL?
I do not recall and Rob's Power Record Blog never mentioned it.
I know that they did a Conan the Barbarians

Fawcett comics survives?
In 1976 the Fawcett family sells Fawcett Publication to the CBS outlet CBS magazine with the takeover CBS would get to not only allow CBS to automatically Green light any of their comics into TV series (both cartoon and live action) but allow comic adventures based on their TV shows & books.
Fawcett would be renamed to CBS Comics (don't worry it's short lived)
PSX_20200121_104002.jpg

That's a shame, I was kinda hoping that Fawcett would end up with Paramount instead. Oh well. Still, looking back, this may mean my original idea of Fawcett Cartoons on MTV so, maybe Paramount should take Charlton or something?

That's a shame, I was kinda hoping that Fawcett would end up with Paramount instead. Oh well. Still, looking back, this may mean my original idea of Fawcett Cartoons on MTV so, maybe Paramount should take Charlton or something?
Maybe in the 90s Paramount buys up CBS instead of Westington House.

Oh Fawcett will change hands over the years

In January of 1976 Jennete Khan was appointed lead editor at DC comics. Her first contribution was to offer an olive branch to the competition at Atlas and CBS with the idea of intercompany crossovers.
PSX_20200127_220525.jpg

Superman vs the Amazing Spider-man
writer: Gene Conway (who was appointed Editor at Atlas comics)
Artist: Ross Andru, (Neal Adams & John Romita Sr uncredited)​
PSX_20200127_222121.jpg

Superman vs Captain Marvel
writer: Roy Thomas
artist: Rich Buckler & Wallace Wood
Superman and Captain Marvel was a little more difficult to negotiate a crossover with than with Atlas however she was able to get it done with a promise of allowing the 1950's Superman series to be shown on Sunday morning on CBS as part of the deal. The heads at CBS thought that they had put one over on the "girl" however Warner brothers was still iffy about Green lighting the Superman movie that Alexander & Ilya Salkind were proposing and Jenette Khan needed to prove to the studio that if people will pay $2.00 for Superman comics then they will probably pay for movie tickets. Khan would give Superman 2 more crossover stories before Superman the movie was released.

Superman vs Captain Marvel
writer: Roy Thomas
artist: Rich Buckler & Wallace Wood
Superman and Captain Marvel was a little more difficult to negotiate a crossover with than with Atlas however she was able to get it done with a promise of allowing the 1950's Superman series to be shown on Sunday morning on CBS as part of the deal. The heads at CBS thought that they had put one over on the "girl" however Warner brothers was still iffy about Green lighting the Superman movie that Alexander & Ilya Salkind were proposing and Jenette Khan needed to prove to the studio that if people will pay $2.00 for Superman comics then they will probably pay for movie tickets. Khan would give Superman 2 more crossover stories before Superman the movie was released.
Did DC do the "Meet Captain Thunder" story in Superman 276 in June 1974?
Captain Thunder (1974)[edit]

In "Make Way for Captain Thunder" from Superman #276 (June 1974), Superman found himself at odds with "Captain Thunder", a superhero displaced from another Earth and another time. Thunder had been magically tricked by his archenemies in the Monster League of Evil into committing evil himself, which led to his doing battle with Superman. Captain Thunder, whose name was derived from Captain Marvel's original moniker, was a thinly veiled pastiche of Marvel—down to his similar costume, his young alter ego named "Willie Fawcett" (a reference to Fawcett Comics), and a magic word ("Thunder!"), which was an acronym for seven entities and their respective powers. He got his power from rubbing a magic belt buckle with a thunder symbol on it and saying "Thunder". His powers came from Tornado (power), Hare (speed), Uncas (bravery), Nature (wisdom), Diamond (toughness), Eagle (flight), and Ram (tenacity). Superman held him while he used his wisdom to escape the effects of the spell.

Did DC do the "Meet Captain Thunder" story in Superman 276 in June 1974?
Captain Thunder (1974)[edit]

In "Make Way for Captain Thunder" from Superman #276 (June 1974), Superman found himself at odds with "Captain Thunder", a superhero displaced from another Earth and another time. Thunder had been magically tricked by his archenemies in the Monster League of Evil into committing evil himself, which led to his doing battle with Superman. Captain Thunder, whose name was derived from Captain Marvel's original moniker, was a thinly veiled pastiche of Marvel—down to his similar costume, his young alter ego named "Willie Fawcett" (a reference to Fawcett Comics), and a magic word ("Thunder!"), which was an acronym for seven entities and their respective powers. He got his power from rubbing a magic belt buckle with a thunder symbol on it and saying "Thunder". His powers came from Tornado (power), Hare (speed), Uncas (bravery), Nature (wisdom), Diamond (toughness), Eagle (flight), and Ram (tenacity). Superman held him while he used his wisdom to escape the effects of the spell.

"Make Way for Captain Thunder" was written by Elliot S! Maggin and illustrated by Curt Swan and Bob Oskner. At the time of its publication, DC had been printing Shazam! comics for 18 months, but had kept that universe separate from those of its other publications. The real Captain Marvel would finally meet Superman in Justice League of America #137, two years later (although he met Lex Luthor in Shazam! #15, November/December 1974).
No it was decided to be to big of a risk and because we are dealing with a big 3 comic book industry Squadron Supreme/Sinister was not created either

Warner brothers was still iffy about Green lighting the Superman movie that Alexander & Ilya Salkind were proposing and Jenette Khan needed to prove to the studio that if people will pay $2.00 for Superman comics then they will probably pay for movie tickets. Khan would give Superman 2 more crossover stories before Superman the movie was released.
Does the Superman Movie lead to Fawcett and CBS doing a Captain Marvel Movie?

Oh Fawcett will change hands over the years

Actually, I'm ok having them where they are. Inevitably, Viacom is gonna buy CBS as it did with MTV, Fawcett will get its original name back and after that, the company will be partnered with one of the best animation deps of the 90s. If I were Paramount, I'd buy out Charlton. When ''Kids Mount'' or whatever the Fox Kids equivalent is ITTL comes about, the various Charlton properties will be ripe for adaption. Maybe, as a result, Marvel will stick with Toei and Pryde of the X-Men will be picked up.

PSX_20200127_194729.jpg
With Fawcett Enterprise turning into CBS comics Isis made her debut in the pages of Captain Marvel
the Story would introduce substitute Teacher Andrea Thomas show up at the school for the Marvel family when the the Crocodile men emerge from the sewers Billy & Miss Thomas excuse themselves excuse themselves as between classes and rescue Cissy Sommerly and (new student ) Cindy Lee as Captain Marvel & Isis when the reptiles invade the school. Later the Marvel family would be invited to the Crusader Squadrons HQ where Ibus the Invincible introduces his Daughter Andrea. By November ISIS would get her own title
PSX_20200130_103324.jpg

PSX_20200130_181837.jpg

Swarm (Fritz von Meyer) is a fictional supervillain first appearing in American comic books published by CBS Comics. The character has been mainly featured as an enemy of Mary Marvel. His entire body is composed of Venusion Bees surrounding his skeleton. He is a great connection to link Captain Nazi & Mister Mind