Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does Paramount have connections with any of the Comic Companies?
Does this Timeline have Star War and does Paramount create any programs that try to tap that market?
Does this Timeline have it version of Superman the Motion Picture? Does Paramount create any program that attempt to tap the Superhero Market?
1. not at this point in time
2. Yes Star Wars and Superman the movie will exist in this timeline and Paramount has nothing to d with them
3. PTVS going through allows me to create some Fawcett and Charlton based TV series without the fear of what will have to be cancelled

2. Yes Star Wars and Superman the movie will exist in this timeline and Paramount has nothing to do with them

Considering that Paramount had nothing to do with them IOTL, I'm sure that was a foregone conclusion. Don't really know what unclepatrick was getting at. Also, I recently discovered that back in the 20s and 30s, Paramount had its own news division. Will they bring that back for TV?

hqdefault.jpg

Across the pond to say Hammer films was in financial problems Dracula 1972 A.D was not a financial success and attempts to team up with Golden Harvest fell through when it was revealed that Christopher Lee was not going to reprise his role and the Shaw brothers lost interest .
35294-the-legend-of-the-7-golden-vampires-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

(Poster for the unproduced Hammer/Golden Harvest collaboration what could have been)
Hammer instead went to Japan to talk to Toho. Toho was having problems themselves as Godzilla vs Megalon was a failure and people were questioning if this MechaGodzilla could bring back the audience. But Hammer's pitch about making a film about the Loc Nese monster showed promise but to show cooperation by both parties Hammer would have to distribute Godzilla in Europe and Australia
PSX_20200107_121310.jpg

Atlas comics
PSX_20200108_195803.jpg
In January of 1974 Atlas comics toyed with the idea of giving Fantastic fours The Thing his own series however with Strange tales failing to launch Human torch a solo run and the Paper shortage still around the choice was made in February to have other Superheroes team up with Ben Grimm for atleast one year and help boost some of their lesser known characters.
Stan Lee suggested that Man-Thing be the first to team up with Ben as an olive branch to Jack Kirby and Steve Gerber

I think Superman works best as a balance. He follows his conscious but obeys the law at the same time. However he’s also willing to go outside it if there are no other options and uses his position to argue for social reform

I think Superman works best as a balance. He follows his conscious but obeys the law at the same time. However he’s also willing to go outside it if there are no other options and uses his position to argue for social reform
I agree I would also argue that Supermans Characterization has been more influenced by outside media then the comics themselves

Considering that Paramount had nothing to do with them IOTL, I'm sure that was a foregone conclusion. Don't really know what unclepatrick was getting at. Also, I recently discovered that back in the 20s and 30s, Paramount had its own news division. Will they bring that back for TV?

hqdefault.jpg
I ask the question poorly but what I was getting at was in the OTL , we got ABC doing a Battlestar Galatica. and NBC doing Buck Rogers.
There was talk about a Paramount Network doing Star Trek Phase Two in OTL.
What I mean to ask was did Paramount do a Star Trek show or another Sci Fi Show since Star Wars was a big success?
Sorry That I confused people.

I ask the question poorly but what I was getting at was in the OTL , we got ABC doing a Battlestar Galatica. and NBC doing Buck Rogers.
There was talk about a Paramount Network doing Star Trek Phase Two in OTL.
What I mean to ask was did Paramount do a Star Trek show or another Sci Fi Show since Star Wars was a big success?
Sorry That I confused people.
Yes Phase ii is launched instead of the Motion picture IOTL

Fawcett comics survives
PSX_20200114_115300.jpg
Inspired by the news surrounding the Watergate break in the team behind Captain America & Falcon started the Secret Empire storyline involving a group of masked individuals taking over Washington with their leader (unseen) revealed to be "a top -power hungry-government official " who commits suicide causing Cap to get disillusioned with the United States and became Nomad.
Ditko at Fawcett had plans to make a Rio Bravo to Atlases High Noon however
Watergate-300x278.jpg

With President Richard Nixon's resignation a week after Secret Empire ended Steve Ditko agreed with the rest of editorial to drop the project with it being #3 of Wizard Magazines Top 10 unproduced comic storylines of all time in 2000.

So does Fawcett have the multiverse rather than DC?
Technology they both have multiverses however Fawcett has a more confusing one as they have merged with more companies and ITTL DC merged the Fox properties into Earth-1 before the 80's (such as making Ralph Dibley Plastic man and Ray Palmer Dollman)

Fawcett comics survives
PSX_20200106_183745.jpg

In 1974 Lou Schemier, and Norm Prescott of Filmmation meet with C.C Beck about adapting Captain Marvel for TV as a hybrid of the 1950s Doc Savage TV series world traveling (well America traveling) adventures, Adventures of Superman action, in September of that year Captain Marvel was given the Green light for CBSs Saturday morning lineup
cast list:
Michael Grey - Billy Batson
Jackson Bostwick - Captain Marvel (first season)
Les Tremayne - Mentor (a hybrid of Shazam & Uncle Dudley)
guest villains included :
PSX_20200117_104842.jpg
Howard Morris - Dr. Sivana
Bruno Sammartino - Ibbac
Philis Diller- Aunt Minerva
Ricardo Montebain - Teth Adam
Alan Oppenheimer - Mr. Mind (voice)
Johnathan Harris - Brainiac
the show was a big hit for Filmmation and CBS leading both parties to work with Fawcett for the rest of the Decade

Last edited:
View attachment 516888
In 1974 Lou Schemier, and Norm Prescott of Filmmation meet with C.C Beck about adapting Captain Marvel for TV as a hybrid of the 1950s Doc Savage TV series world traveling (well America traveling) adventures, Adventures of Superman action, in September of that year Captain Marvel was given the Green light for CBSs Saturday morning lineup
cast list:
Michael Grey - Billy Batson
Jackson Bostwick - Captain Marvel (first season)
Les Tremayne - Mentor (a hybrid of Shazam & Uncle Dudley)
guest villains included :
View attachment 516890
Howard Morris - Dr. Sivana
Bruno Sammartino - Ibbac
Philis Diller- Aunt Minerva
Ricardo Montebain - Teth Adam
Alan Oppenheimer - Mr. Mind (voice)
Johnathan Harris - Brainiac
the show was a big hit for Filmmation and CBS leading both parties to work with Fawcett for the rest of the Decade
The best thing, I can say about this.
I am going to steal it for my Step by Step Timeline when I restart it.
Wish I could have seen this version of Captain Marvel when I was growing up.
The version I saw was kind of boring.
Are they also doing Isis as a Saturday Morning Show?
Or will they use another Fawcett character.
Ibis or Bulletgirl seem like real posibilties .

The best thing, I can say about this.
I am going to steal it for my Step by Step Timeline when I restart it.
Wish I could have seen this version of Captain Marvel when I was growing up.
The version I saw was kind of boring.
Are they also doing Isis as a Saturday Morning Show?
Or will they use another Fawcett character.
Ibis or Bulletgirl seem like real posibilties .
The Mighty Isis will appear next year as the Daughter of Ibis
Hawk & Dove will also get a cartoon series

• Scorpion - Fawcett
  • Destroyer - either way but mostly Fawcett
  • Grimm Ghost - Charlton
  • Son of Dracula - Fawcett
  • Tiger man - Charlton
  • Devil slayer- Fawcett
  • Brute - Charlton
But that's just an un researched guess and really depends upon the creators
In the OTL, Howard Chaykin took Scorpion over to Marvel and redid the Character as Dominic Fortune .
Also the Demon Hunter was converted to Devil Slayer in the Marvel Universe.
I was going to suggest that Atlas Seaboard be part of Atlas/ Marvel.

But when I looked at the Characters that Atlas Seaboard came up with, I am really only able to see them as supporting characters.
A number of them would fit in nicely in the Marvel/Atlas Horror Comics like Tomb of Dracula and Werewolf by Night.'
The Cougar was a good idea for a Character with a Stuntman using his skills to fight Supernatural. It just suffered from being forced into a Superhero Mode .
But many of the Seaboard Characters are just copies of existing heroes.
The Brute is just a Hulk Clone.
Dragon is just a Master of Kung Fu clone.
Iron Jaw was a Conan Clone
Son of Dracula is just a Tomb of Dracula clone
and Devilina is just a clone of Satana Daughter of Satan.

Atlas comics
PSX_20200116_140138.jpg

In October of 1974 Tigerman was introduced in Atlas comics Incredible Hulk #181.
Tigerman was created after writer Len Wein saw artist John Romatta Sr. Doodles and thought that he looked cool. Tigerman was made into a Canadian Super Soldier to shoehorn him into the Hulk vs Wendigo fight he was already writing, but the character proved to be popular and when he was put on the Defenders gave the story a more international lineup

In the OTL, Howard Chaykin took Scorpion over to Marvel and redid the Character as Dominic Fortune .
Also the Demon Hunter was converted to Devil Slayer in the Marvel Universe.
I was going to suggest that Atlas Seaboard be part of Atlas/ Marvel.

But when I looked at the Characters that Atlas Seaboard came up with, I am really only able to see them as supporting characters.
A number of them would fit in nicely in the Marvel/Atlas Horror Comics like Tomb of Dracula and Werewolf by Night.'
The Cougar was a good idea for a Character with a Stuntman using his skills to fight Supernatural. It just suffered from being forced into a Superhero Mode .
But many of the Seaboard Characters are just copies of existing heroes.
The Brute is just a Hulk Clone.
Dragon is just a Master of Kung Fu clone.
Iron Jaw was a Conan Clone
Son of Dracula is just a Tomb of Dracula clone
and Devilina is just a clone of Satana Daughter of Satan.
I been having the same dilemma and have considered using some of these character designs for other characters

Fawcett comics survives
In January of 1975 Steve Ditko finally set up a identity & backstory for Killjoy and teamed up with Wallace Wood for the first issue. A miscommunication caused Wood to reverse the color scheme on Killjoys costume which Ditko allowed fearing he might loose this creation and focused on The Destructor title incase he was no longer in charge of the title
PSX_20200120_110710.jpg

Identity/Class: Human mutate

Affiliations: None

Enemies: The Mafia, Slaymaster, Deathgrip, Huntress

Known Relatives: Simon (father)

Aliases: None

Base of Operations: Unknown

First Appearance: Killjoy: The Destructor #1 (Fawcett Enterprise, February 1975)
This would be the last new title before Fawcett Publications buyout

Last edited:
DC comics
After getting on Stan Lee's shit list Roy Thomas stuck with adapting the work of Robert E Howard's work. However such work on Conan, Solomon Kane & original series Red Sonja took the notice of DC comics who put him on the titles of Warlord & Wonder Woman. Roy was given one order on taking the over the title of Wonder Woman and that was to bring back Queen Hypolita somehow as they were working on a TV series and didn't want to confuse its audience. Thomas created the Mystical hidden world of Kun'Lun where hides a Lazarus pit bringing the Amazon Queen back to life. Diana would meet DCs successor to Mr. Terrific Martial Danny Rand
PSX_20200121_124632.jpg
With DC having a collection of new successors of Golden age heroes introduced in 75 including
  • Sandman
  • Starman
  • Mr. Terrific
  • Red Tornado (new look)
  • Union Jack (a British version of Star Spangled Kid) Jack Falsworth
Roy Thomas ,getting permission from Jack Kirby set up a new team of heroes called Infinity inc
PSX_20200121_124033.jpg

The idea was approved but was asked to put some girls on the new team perhaps add some characters from
Earth-2 and so he introduced
  • Supergirl (Laura Kent) daughter of Superman and Lois Lane of Earth-2
  • Spitfire (Jessica Quick) Daughter of Johnny Quick &Liberty Bell
  • Wolverine (Helen Wayne) Daughter of Earth-2s Batman and Catwoman