Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think this was a perfect way to introduce Howard to Fawcett. Also, just a reminder, along with Killjoy and the other one, E-Man should be debuting at Fawcett this year too. I don't know where the hell he even fits in the hierarchy of Charlton's heroes at this point since so much has changed, but I expect he'll still be popular.

I think this was a perfect way to introduce Howard to Fawcett. Also, just a reminder, along with Killjoy and the other one, E-Man should be debuting at Fawcett this year too. I don't know where the hell he even fits in the hierarchy of Charlton's heroes at this point since so much has changed, but I expect he'll still be popular.
I thought we were going to keep E=Man and Killjoy at Charlton?

Yeah. That would probably be a better fit for them, too. Killjoy, especially, unless the whole idea of the comic and its politics undertook a drastic change.

Yeah. That would probably be a better fit for them, too. Killjoy, especially, unless the whole idea of the comic and its politics undertook a drastic change.

I guess so. But can Ditko's patriotic heroine still go to Fawcett? I think I'd like to see what they can do with her. I think, when it came to trying to create a strong female hero, Ditko really was trying his best there. If it wasn't for the fact that Caroline Dean shared a name with a property owned by DC, she would have stuck around.

I guess so. But can Ditko's patriotic heroine still go to Fawcett? I think I'd like to see what they can do with her. I think, when it came to trying to create a strong female hero, Ditko really was trying his best there. If it wasn't for the fact that Caroline Dean shared a name with a property owned by DC, she would have stuck around.
I'm thinking about putting her in the pages of Hawk and Dove where she eventually takes over the Dove identity

I'm thinking about putting her in the pages of Hawk and Dove where she eventually takes over the Dove identity

I'd rather that didn't happen. Donald and Hank are pretty much icons at this point for Fawcett. I doubt they'd want to replace either of them. I'd recommend keeping the Patriotic angle for the character, but giving her a different name and maybe even some superpowers? Although, having her debut in Hawk and Dove is a good idea as it allows her to test the waters. I'm thinking something along the lines of a Hypnotic Singing voice in terms of power and the name ''U.S. Angel.'' What do you think though?

U.S.Angel is a good name, I like it! Are we doing anything with Ditko's Destructor or Huntress?

Destructor is apparently going to Fawcett, though I'd recommend changing his first name as we already have a character with the name ''Jay'' in Golden Arrow. Maybe ''Heath Hunter' instead?

I think we are going to have to rethink Liberty Belle, according to wikipedia Steve Ditko wasn't officially the creator. She was made by committee and Steve Ditko was brought in at the last minute because the original artist ( not writter) kept getting behind schedule so she is going to have to be a Charlton creation

I think we are going to have to rethink Liberty Belle, according to wikipedia Steve Ditko wasn't officially the creator. She was made by committee and Steve Ditko was brought in at the last minute because the original artist ( not writter) kept getting behind schedule so she is going to have to be a Charlton creation

In that case, could we exchange her for Killjoy, maybe introduce him in Hawk and Dove instead? It's bound to be an entirely different character, definitely more fleshed out and subdued, but at least Fawcett will have something out of the whole deal.

In that case, could we exchange her for Killjoy, maybe introduce him in Hawk and Dove instead? It's bound to be an entirely different character, definitely more fleshed out and subdued, but at least Fawcett will have something out of the whole deal.
I have a perhaps controversial idea on what to do with Killjoy

I have a perhaps controversial idea on what to do with Killjoy

Well, whatever it is, I'm sure we'd all love to see it. This thread has gotten me through some dark moments in my life recently and I'm always looking forward to whatever happens next.

Last edited:
Fawcett comics survives
In February of 1973 Bill Everett creator of Namor the Submariner and the 2nd Mr. Scarlet passed away at the young age of 55. His final work would be the the premier of the horror magazine Tales of the Zombie by Fawcett Publication in August which also first appearance of the Fawcetts first Black Heroine Voodoo moth
PSX_20191214_125606.jpg

Jack Cole did not take his death well which led to his decision to retire.

Never heard of Voodoo Moth. Guess she's another original.

Sad to see Jack Cole go too, but at least it isn't as tragic as it was IOTL.

Never heard of Voodoo Moth. Guess she's another original.

Sad to see Jack Cole go too, but at least it isn't as tragic as it was IOTL.
Voodoo Moth is the identity of Gary Friedrichs Bride of Mothman which is a supernatural version of his heroine Butterfly

Fawcett comics survives
As a part of Charlton trying to compete with the big 3 Charlton comics started accepting creator owned series starting with E-Man by Jack Sutton and Nickali Cutti
712247.jpg
The series would feature backup creator owned stories such as Knight, Libberation Belle, Rogg-2000 (created by John Byrne of Wolverine, and Caped Crusader fame) Killjoy, ( by Steve Ditko)
E-ManCover_Step07.jpg

With Ditko owning the rights of these characters he had no problem putting Killjoy & Static in the Background of his Fawcett comics which led to many fan mail letters intrest in the panel of The Questions billboard asking
"Who is Killjoy?"
Charlton comics ended this experiment when the 1973 paper shortage forced the comic industry to cut titles so it was a surprise to fans when Steve Ditkos silent vigilante appeared in the pages of Hawk and Dove
killjoy.jpg

Last edited:
As a part of Charlton trying to compete with the big 3 Charlton comics started accepting creator owned series starting with E-Man by Jack Sutton and Nickali Cutti
View attachment 509222
The series would feature backup creator owned stories such as Knight, Libberation Belle, Rogg-2000 (created by John Byrne of Wolverine, and Caped Crusader fame) Killjoy, & Static (both by Steve Ditko)
View attachment 509221
With Ditko owning the rights of these characters he had no problem putting Killjoy & Static in the Background of his Fawcett comics which led to many fan mail letters intrest in the panel of The Questions billboard asking
"Who is Killjoy?"
Charlton comics ended this experiment when the 1973 paper shortage forced the comic industry to cut titles so it was a surprise to fans when Steve Ditkos silent vigilante appeared in the pages of Hawk and Dove
View attachment 509223

I'm a little Bummed about Static not getting to be a part of Fawcett. but I guess Charlton needs the characters. At least Killjoy ended up being part of the F.U. Besides, there's still Shade.