Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Star Trek
In 1973 Gene Roddenberry meet with Lou Schemier to continue the Star Trek series as an Filmmation cartoon series, unfortunately due to salary negotiations with Leonard Nimoy and William Shantner the plans for a Star Trek animated series was canceled in production. Cells from the proposed series have been sold for $300.000.00 on Ebay 10387065_1.jpg
and many of the proposed scripts were reworked into stories were reworked into episodes of Star Trek phase II
( Loriali Effect, Eye of the Beholder, Mudds Passion, One of our Planets is missing, Time Trap & Survivor)
And extended universe novels (Yesteryear)

DC comics
With the X-men canceled the previous year choice was made to bring back Chief Niles Chandler to life. In the February issue of 1973
PSX_20191207_141148.jpg
In the same Month,
Metal men was brought back from its cancelation in 1970
71ZdQ0ZN9iL._SY500_.jpg

I thought about turning in into a Linkara transcript but I didn't want to imply that the story was bad. Plus I got the idea after watching Comic Pop!'a video on Death of Gwen Stacy

Linkara stopped focusing on just bad comics a while ago. He’s more of a humorous comics historian nowadays.

So, what happens next? new Ditko creations for Fawcett/Charlton? Maybe just an update for Charlton itself?

Fawcett comics survives
PSX_20191207_162210.jpg

Transcript from Derekwc on YouTube
Moongirl is a TV series on CBS from 1973-1975. Moongirl is the dethroned Princess Artimis who uses her inherit Lunar powers to help the Earth from the forces of war that made the moon uninhabitable first appearing in EC comics Moon girl and the Prince in 1947 before getting absorbed by Fawcett Publication in 1953.
Tennis superstar Cathy Lee Crosby plays the now Blonde alien Princess Artemis going by Claire Lune who is secretly Moon Girl working for government to help her new home from destroying itself. Now it was weird for the 1973 audience to see Moon Girl
  1. Blonde when she had been raven haired
  2. Working for a THUNDER style organization instead of the superhero teams Legion of superheroes or the Crusader Squadron, or
  3. With no appearance of her boyfriend the Courageous Captain Star in site
However within its own standards this series is a good precursor to girl power action series like Charlie's Angels, Bionic Woman, and DCs own Wonder Woman.
Dirk Benedict would costar not as Captain Star but as her handler/love intrest Simon Rogers, CIA agent Simon Rogers would appear apper in THUNDER agents issue 76 in November of 73 with him becoming the New Spy Smasher in issue 77
Claire Lune herself would start to bleach her hair in the issue of Crusader Squadron #120 in 1974 and give THUNDER access to Lunar technology as a sign of trust in the pages of Courageous Captain Star & Moon girl #54 speaking of Lunar Technology as a pre-Star Wars scifi the effects can remind one of Logan's Run or My Favorite Martian fighting the likes of Ricardo Montebain, Burgess Meredith and James Woods as various mad scientist and Terrorist leaders
In 1974 the season Elisabeth Montgomery takes on the role of Moon Girls arch Nemesis Queen Satania as sort of an Evil version of Samantha Stevens from Bewitched.
The final season would have our Lunar Princess discover fellow Lunar refugees around America and train them into the Lunar knights an idea that would be setup when Moon Girl would be rebooted post Crisis in 1990 by Japanese writer/artist Naoko Takeuchi
432-SeriesThumbnails_SM__400x320.jpg

Now I like this series. Yeah it was kinda tone def between goofy effect trying to promote feminism as serious issues but the heart was in the right place and had the show got a 3rd season with a bigger budget I think that the show could have been competition for its sister series it paved the way for.

Last edited:
View attachment 507540
Transcript from Derekwc on YouTube
Moongirl is a TV series on CBS from 1973-1975. Moongirl is the dethroned Princess Artimis who uses her inherit Lunar powers to help the Earth from the forces of war that made the moon uninhabitable first appearing in EC comics Moon girl and the Prince in 1947 before getting absorbed by Fawcett Publication in 1953.
Tennis superstar Cathy Lee Crosby plays the now Blonde alien Princess Artemis going by Claire Lune who is secretly Moon Girl working for government to help her new home from destroying itself. Now it was weird for the 1973 audience to see Moon Girl
  1. Blonde when she had been raven haired
  2. Working for a THUNDER style organization instead of the superhero teams Legion of superheroes or the Crusader Squadron, or
  3. With no appearance of her boyfriend the Courageous Captain Star in site
However within its own standards this series is a good precursor to girl power action series like Charlie's Angels, Bionic Woman, and DCs own Wonder Woman.
Dirk Benedict would costar not as Captain Star but as her handler/love intrest Simon Rogers, CIA agent Simon Rogers would appear apper in THUNDER agents issue 76 in November of 73 with him becoming the New Spy Smasher in issue 77
Claire Lune herself would start to bleach her hair in the issue of Crusader Squadron #120 in 1974 and give THUNDER access to Lunar technology as a sign of trust in the pages of Courageous Captain Star & Moon girl #54 speaking of Lunar Technology as a pre-Star Wars scifi the effects can remind one of Logan's Run or My Favorite Martian fighting the likes of Ricardo Montebain, Burgess Meredith and James Woods as various mad scientist and Terrorist leaders
In 1974 the season Elisabeth Montgomery takes on the role of Moon Girls arch Nemesis Queen Satania as sort of an Evil version of Samantha Stevens from Bewitch.
The final season would have our Lunar Princess discover fellow Lunar refugees around America and train them into the Lunar knights an idea that would be setup when Moon Girl would be rebooted post Crisis in 1990 by Japanese writer/artist Naoko Takeuchi
View attachment 507571
Now I like this series. Yeah it was kinda tone def between goofy effect trying to promote feminism as serious issues but the heart was in the right place and had the show got a 3rd season with a bigger budget I think that the show could have been competition for its sister series it paved the way for.

So, basically, what I'm getting from this is that Fawcett has two Moon Girls. One in the present that carries the same origins as the original from EC and the LoSH version who is her descendant. Am I right? Also, I'm not too keen on the Simon Rogers name. It seems to close to Steve Rogers and it seems like the kind of thing Fawcett would avoid so as to keep Atlas off their tails. I understand it's supposed to be a reference to Roger Moore's name, but as a possible alt, how about ''Morris St. George?'' (That's a reference to both Moore's last and middle names as well as his role in The Saint, btw.)

So, basically, what I'm getting from this is that Fawcett has two Moon Girls. One in the present that carries the same origins as the original from EC and the LoSH version who is her descendant. Am I right? Also, I'm not too keen on the Simon Rogers name. It seems to close to Steve Rogers and it seems like the kind of thing Fawcett would avoid so as to keep Atlas off their tails. I understand it's supposed to be a reference to Roger Moore's name, but as a possible alt, how about ''Morris St. George?'' (That's a reference to both Moore's last and middle names as well as his role in The Saint, btw.)
Well that was the initial idea however the writers forgot that the Legion were supposed to be descendants of EC & Ace comics characters overtime and with the introduction of the multiverse the originals were reworked into being from another reality.
Faceman couldn't pull off the name Morris besides one could counter that Captain America has similarities to Buck Rogers (both being war veterans who were frozen and revived in the future)

Last edited:
Well that was the initial idea however the writers forgot that the Legion were supposed to be descendants of EC & Ace comics characters overtime and with the introduction of the multiverse the originals were reworked into being from another reality.

ECAce Earth? That makes sense actually. Still, at least the originals and the Legionnaires will be retied together Post-Crisis. Hopefully. I'm guessing that the appearances of Captain Star and Moon Girl I in the Crusader Squadron can be explained as them crossing from their Earth to the main one?

Also, I've been thinking, should Fawcett be in line for another logo change soon?

Last edited:
ECAce Earth? That makes sense actually. Still, at least the originals and the Legionnaires will be retied together Post-Crisis. Hopefully. I'm guessing that the appearances of Captain Star and Moon Girl I in the Crusader Squadron can be explained as them crossing from their Earth to the main one?

Also, I've been thinking, should Fawcett be in line for another logo change soon?
Captain Star & Moongirl are Star boy and Moon girl 2 after they got got kicked out of the Legion so they could test out their own series and it was popular enough that through the actions of the Evil Satania they ended up on Earth- Prime and joined the CS

Actually Paramount had seriously considered setting up a fourth network in our timeline in the mid seventies but they never went through with it. Apparently in this timeline they did.

It also means that Paramount beat Fox for the Studio to setup a fourth American network in 77

Hopefully that butterflies away Fox nabbing all those sports rights in the 80-90's... oh and Fox 'news'...

If Moongirl is a successful series, I hope a certain Japanese Superteam can also make the transition from page to screen- animated or not:
Science Ninja Team Gatchaman
Science_Ninja_Team_Gatchaman.jpg

Might be the sort of thing Atlas might be interested in as they (as Marvel OTL) have a much better line up of international heroes, if it cannot fit in the '616' universe there are plenty of other Universes in the MU, or even start something like Epic early to cover it.
If they make it Big as a cartoon, then perhaps more adult cartoons (Gatchaman covered some serious topics) might become more accepted, or even if its kiddifed as Battle of the Planets was, then it can still have an impact; perhaps leading to a TV show displacing Power Rangers, which as far as I know was 'inspired' by Gatchaman in the first place...

Hopefully that butterflies away Fox nabbing all those sports rights in the 80-90's... oh and Fox 'news'...

Yeah, but at the same time, Paramount could end up going down the same route. Kids block, News Channels, Etc. Who knows how they would handle them all?

Fawcett comics survives
shazamlarge.jpg thumbnail.jpg
In 1970 with the the Vietnam war becoming increasingly unpopular the heads of Hasbro decided to rebrand the GI JOE lineby making Joe a Adventurer first teaming him up with with the Six million dollar man tipoff Atomic man. When Mego made a deal with DC & Atlas to develop action figures based on their Superhero lineup Hasbro went to Fawcett to aquire the rights to Captain Marvel, and Bulletman into GI Joe's Adventure team with the addition of Mary Marvel, & later Isis having their own Barbie dolls. This alliance disbanded thanks to the 77 oil crisis. Both companies would meet up again in 82 and the Barbie Marvel doll is still a best seller

Last edited:

If Moongirl is a successful series, I hope a certain Japanese Superteam can also make the transition from page to screen- animated or not:
Science Ninja Team Gatchaman
Science_Ninja_Team_Gatchaman.jpg

Might be the sort of thing Atlas might be interested in as they (as Marvel OTL) have a much better line up of international heroes, if it cannot fit in the '616' universe there are plenty of other Universes in the MU, or even start something like Epic early to cover it.
If they make it Big as a cartoon, then perhaps more adult cartoons (Gatchaman covered some serious topics) might become more accepted, or even if its kiddifed as Battle of the Planets was, then it can still have an impact; perhaps leading to a TV show displacing Power Rangers, which as far as I know was 'inspired' by Gatchaman in the first place...

I remember that "Toys that Made Us" show had an episode about the Power Rangers that talked about Stan Lee having an interest in Sentai back in the 70s and trying to get some way to have it brought overseas to America. In fact, that's how I discovered that the Japanese Spider-Man show actually preceded Super Sentai and had a giant robot first, apparently. So maybe in an American Pop Culture where the most popular Superhero in the world is a kid who shouts a nonsense word and transforms into a superhero, they'd have an easier time coming to America and we'd have Power Rangers a couple decades earlier?

I remember that "Toys that Made Us" show had an episode about the Power Rangers that talked about Stan Lee having an interest in Sentai back in the 70s and trying to get some way to have it brought overseas to America. In fact, that's how I discovered that the Japanese Spider-Man show actually preceded Super Sentai and had a giant robot first, apparently. So maybe in an American Pop Culture where the most popular Superhero in the world is a kid who shouts a nonsense word and transforms into a superhero, they'd have an easier time coming to America and we'd have Power Rangers a couple decades earlier?

Considering the fact that IOTL, Stan Lee tried to bring Sentai to the States via Sun Vulkan, probably not as a dub, but in a similar style to what Saban did in the 90s with Zyuranger, I believe that maybe, ITTL, he might have actually been taken seriously. Considering he would have bought the show to the states in 1983, it makes about a decade's difference.