Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
man-of-steel-returns.png

*Cough cough*

Looking forward to the rest of the 70s. After dell and Golden Key's purchase, it can only get more interesting from here on out.

Fawcett comics survives
I was trying to best describe Fawcett comics first event storyline but instead I decided to post some of the transcript of the
Comic POP! Video of the storyline on YouTube
screenshot_30_780x438_1.png

Welcome to Comic POP! I'm Sal
I'm Ethan
I'm Ben
And I'm Tiffany​
Sal: today we will be looking at Monster Society Attacks or Daleks vs Eternity depending on which Graphic novel you picked up
Ben: wait there are 2 different titles?
Sal: (sigh) Well from what I gathered part of the reason for this event is that Terry Nation was bringing back the Daleks back to Doctor Who after the MinuteMan series was canceled but they were being used in the comics and Nations gave permission to use them for one final story.
Ethan So why the multiple titles?
Sal: because when the Graphic novel of the story came out Fawcett didn't want to be sued by the BBC ...
Ethan: Got it they renamed them for copyright reasons..
Sal: They became the Monsteroids
Image of Monsteroid flashes on screen​
Ben: that looks hideous. Ha ha ha
Tiffany: so I'm assuming that they got the rights back because..
Sal: Well when Fawcett got the comic rights to Doctor Who in 1980 they republished the Graphic novel with the original pages and dialog.
Ben, Ehan & Tiffany: Ahhh
Sal: and in 1989 when Doctor Who was canceled they re printed the Monstroid version Again
Ben : God damn it
Sal: Anyway we start off at the Rock of Eternity..
Tiffany: hold up.. have the Daleks ever fought the Marvel family before this?
Sal: Yeaaaa No.
Ethan: what ..then why have them get involved why not start at SaTURN compound?
Sal: excellent question..anyway..no You see this was supposed to just be a MinuteMan story with the THUNDER agents guest staring and then Atlas had the Kree-Skrull war storyline and the heads at Fawcett said New Plan!!
We're getting Everyone involved.
Tiffany: so they had to rush some of Captain Marvel Storys to set this up huh?
Sal: No (everyone looks surprised) it was decided that this story line would be used to help reintroduce The Monster Society of Evil.
Ben: that sounds insane
Ethan: This Story is going to be a mess isn't it?
Sal: Yes Yes it is.
Sal: So anyway we start off with Mr. Mind in his aquarium like cell when he and Dracula are plotting to break out
Ethan: Wait Count Dracula is imprisoned in the Rock of Eternity?
Tiffany: well he is public domain
Ben: Yeah Ethan and if you're going to use Dracula you have to explain where he's been all this time
Ethan: I guess..
Sal: Well Titano shows up and break Mr. Mind & Dracula out of prison. & Mr. Mind crawls into Titanos ear (Sal doing an Impression of Andy Serkis portrail of Mr. Mind "excellent my pet come we have some friends from Skaro to thank for your control habilitator."
Sal: and so the Marvel family bring in the Question and Ibis to help them figure out why Titano helped these two break out
Tiffany: wait the combined wisdom of Solomon and Minerva could NOT figure this out?
Sal: well...they needed to bring in those two in..somehow
Ben oh I bet they were a lot of help
Sal: (doing Dr. Orthius from Venture Bros) "MM.. I sense the Chimpanzee was Not working with his own free will!" Yeah man thanks for the help.
Sal: cut to THUNDER headquarters where video surveillance showing portals breaking out such criminals as Dr. Sivana, Sibac, Dr. Gorgon, Jack O`lantern etc.. they had this scene I believe.. to show that SPYDER wasn't involved
Ethan: yeah Ironmaiden is their like hey why am I not getting free .
Sal: when MinuteMan & Noirlila appear yelling " Daleks are coming we need your help! "
And so a portal shows up at State University...
Ben : so this is how Hawk & Dove get involved huh
Sal: Yeah I imagine fighting the Daleks like this caused a pacifist like Don his drug problem in later stories and they fight and they fight..Creeper shows up.
Tiffany: Creeper is first to help Hawk and Dove?
Ethan: well I can see it he is the city reporter he would show up during battle
Sal: and so MinuteMan uses his time device to bring Spy-Smasher, Nomad, and Midnight to the Rock of Eternity but.. it's the Rock of Eternity from Earth Gold..
Ethan: so that's how they introduce Golden Earth
Sal: well we can't have mer humans taking down the Daleks we want to See the Marvel family and other superpowered beings take down the Daleks . And we are reintroduced to the Golden age Fawcett characters in which The Goldenage Ibis, Doc Marvel, Marvelman, Marvelwoman, and their android Manoquin agree to travel to their Earth and help out.
Ethan: argh this is getting crowded
Sal: meanwhile the Crusaders show up to help fight the Dalek team-up with the new MSA
Tiffany: hold on why are the Daleks working with MSA?
Sal: excellent question..anyway... no I believe they were stating that the Venusian worms were manipulating the Daleks...
And agents of SaTURN & THUNDER FINALLY show up with two versions of Ibis and the Marvel family and they fight and they fight and Spy-Smasher gets killed
Ben: wo Spy-Smasher dies?
Sal well Sean Connery left 007 for the second time at this point and the hire ups decided that Spy-Smasher needed his own Roger Moore.
Sal: and so Dr. Krownose, Avenger, and the Ibisess use science & magic to send the Daleks to a dimensional void and the Monster Society of Evil escape in separate directions. And so the Golden earth heroes shake hands with our earth heroes and go home
Ben: that was insane
Ethan: I think it would have been better as two different stories but.. republishing would have been a nightmare
Sal: and there you have it .. you can find these on Amazon if you want
I'm Sal
I'm Ethan
I'm Ben
And I'm Tiffany
Sal: see yeah

Ok, loving the Event and everything to do with it but Marvelman? Doc Marvel on Gold Earth? I'm confused. Deeply.

Ok, loving the Event and everything to do with it but Marvelman? Doc Marvel on Gold Earth? I'm confused. Deeply.
Captain Marvel jr. Got tired of being called Jr. As an adult and goes by Marvelman,
Billy grew up and became a scientist so his friends started nick naming him Doc Marvel

Captain Marvel jr. Got tired of being called Jr. As an adult and goes by Marvelman,
Billy grew up and became a scientist so his friends started nick naming him Doc Marvel

OK, that makes sense. Also, BTW, I absolutely ADORED that little recap you did for the event. I would love to see more of those. (Maybe a Linkara style review next time?) And while it sucks that the Daleks won't be a major part of the F.U. again until 1980, it's great to know that they're gonna have a larger and eventually permanent place there again. I for one would also love to see some minis of the Golden Marvels.

OK, that makes sense. Also, BTW, I absolutely ADORED that little recap you did for the event. I would love to see more of those. (Maybe a Linkara style review next time?) And while it sucks that the Daleks won't be a major part of the F.U. again until 1980, it's great to know that they're gonna have a larger and eventually permanent place there again. I for one would also love to see some minis of the Golden Marvels.
I thought about turning in into a Linkara transcript but I didn't want to imply that the story was bad. Plus I got the idea after watching Comic Pop!'a video on Death of Gwen Stacy

The thing about this new Monster Society is that it should be treated kinda like the League of Villains from My Hero Academia. Just this all-encompassing force that's responsible for nearly all major crime in the cosmos that isn't perpetrated by SPYDER. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure Iron Maden's gonna be gunning for them after being left out of Dracula and Mind's scheme.

Fawcett comics survives
In January of 1973 DC, Fawcett, and Atlas made an unofficial crossover . Each comic featured writers Steve Englehart, Gerry Conway, and Len Wein, as well as Wein's first wife Glynis, interacting with Atlas, Fawcett or DC characters at the Rutland Halloween Parade in Rutland, Vermont. Beginning in Marvel Family #370 (by Englehart with art by Bob Brown and Frank McLaughlin), the story continued in Justice League of America#103 (by Wein, Dick Dillin and Dick Giordano), and concluded in Thor #207 (by Conway and penciler John Buscema)
PSX_20191206_195641.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg

Sorry, sorry, I'll stop talking about it. And I don't specifically want Red Son Superman, we were just talking about the idea of Superman returning to his original interpretation as an advocate for social justice and it was just an amusing visual and the most-used one of Alan Moore before he became an ancient, decrepit wizard. And, for the record, Miller doing a Dark Knight Returns style story was mostly a joke, but it would also be an elseworlds, as opposed to Moore taking over the actual main titles. But, like I said, I'll stop. Sorry.

Sorry, sorry, I'll stop talking about it. And I don't specifically want Red Son Superman, we were just talking about the idea of Superman returning to his original interpretation as an advocate for social justice and it was just an amusing visual and the most-used one of Alan Moore before he became an ancient, decrepit wizard. And, for the record, Miller doing a Dark Knight Returns style story was mostly a joke, but it would also be an elseworlds, as opposed to Moore taking over the actual main titles. But, like I said, I'll stop. Sorry.

I also take responsibility since I brought it up in the first place. But yeah, let's put this idea in the vault for the time being.

Anyway, changing the subject, I had no idea that DC and Marvel got together to do something like this IOTL. In this one, my guess is that the storyline will be significantly longer. Also that it could be used as a way to mend the rift between DC and Fawcett from the 40s. BTW, like how Charlton wasn't included. Shows that they still have ways to go before being recognized as the ''Big 4th.''

I also take responsibility since I brought it up in the first place. But yeah, let's put this idea in the vault for the time being.

Anyway, changing the subject, I had no idea that DC and Marvel got together to do something like this IOTL. In this one, my guess is that the storyline will be significantly longer. Also that it could be used as a way to mend the rift between DC and Fawcett from the 40s. BTW, like how Charlton wasn't included. Shows that they still have ways to go before being recognized as the ''Big 4th.''
No the IOTL it was a three part story with the first taking place in a Marvel anthology comic titled Amazing Adventures I just switched to the Fawcett anthology series Marvel Family

In a way, It's my view that Fawcett ITTL is one of the most blessed companies around. Not only does it have the talent of guys like Ditko, Siegel, Wood, Binder, Anglo, Black, etc working for them, they've also managed to make stars out of characters that are either obscure like Hawk and Dove (Pretty much Fawcett's response to Spider-Man here.), or footnotes like the THUNDER Agents. Not to mention putting the Daleks and, by extension, Dalekmania into the American consciousness (which could lead to Doctor Who coming to American TVs very soon in order to satiate those who want more Dalek appearances.) It really does make me wish I could live in this world and buy some of these books.