Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK, so, being in an environment like Fawcett, surely Steve Ditko's views must have taken a change or several, right?

That will depend upon any of his Fawcett characters receives any mainstream success like Spiderman did

My bet is either on The Question, Hawk and Dove or Speedball. And even then, only if Fawcett promotes any of these characters. Having cartoons and merchandise might help, but in my mind, that would only work if Fawcett is bought. I've mentioned Viacom several times. I'm not sure who else could be interested. Maybe Paramount?

My bet is either on The Question, Hawk and Dove or Speedball. And even then, only if Fawcett promotes any of these characters. Having cartoons and merchandise might help, but in my mind, that would only work if Fawcett is bought. I've mentioned Viacom several times. I'm not sure who else could be interested. Maybe Paramount?
well IOTL CBS purchased Fawcett publication in 77 if this still goes happens ITTL it would certainly affect the Wonder Woman and Incredible Hulk TV shows
also I'm working on an idea that would mean that Speedball would not be part of Fawcett

well IOTL CBS purchased Fawcett publication in 77 if this still goes happens ITTL it would certainly affect the Wonder Woman and Incredible Hulk TV shows
also I'm working on an idea that would mean that Speedball would not be part of Fawcett

Personally, I think he should. Same for Squirrel Girl. As I said, I'm for Fawcett to realistically survive as a comic company, they need to build their universe. That means more characters, more heroes more villains to work with, etc. That's why I was disapointed about the Daleks. Also, I suggested Paramount or Viacom for one reason. For one, it'd mean better quality +m when the 90s roll around and MTV and Liquid Television and Nickelodeon (provided they don't stay with Warner and MTV makes their own kids channel ITTL) come to prominence, You could have animated kid shows in a similar style and quality to say....these adult cartoons.

Maybe even a Fawcett counterpart to the Marvel Action and Dc Animated Universes. And in my mind, it'd be so cool to see Saturday Morning/Afternoon shows done up with the same Quality of 90s MTV at night.

Last edited:
on January 28, 1971 The Comic book Code authority relaxed sanctions to allow for, among other things, the sometimes "sympathetic depiction of criminal behavior and corruption among public officials" ("as long as it is portrayed as exceptional and the culprit is punished") as well as permitting some criminal activities to kill law-enforcement officers and the "suggestion but not portrayal of seduction. Also newly allowed were "vampires, ghouls and werewolves... when handled in the classic tradition such as Frankenstein, Dracula, and other high calibre literary works written by Edgar Allan Poe, Saki, Conan Doyle and other respected authors whose works are read in schools around the world". This allowed the Monster Society of Evil reappear at Fawcett for the first time since the late 40s

on January 28, 1971 The Comic book Code authority relaxed sanctions to allow for, among other things, the sometimes "sympathetic depiction of criminal behavior and corruption among public officials" ("as long as it is portrayed as exceptional and the culprit is punished") as well as permitting some criminal activities to kill law-enforcement officers and the "suggestion but not portrayal of seduction. Also newly allowed were "vampires, ghouls and werewolves... when handled in the classic tradition such as Frankenstein, Dracula, and other high calibre literary works written by Edgar Allan Poe, Saki, Conan Doyle and other respected authors whose works are read in schools around the world". This allowed the Monster Society of Evil reappear at Fawcett for the first time since the late 40s

This could be a good chance for the two earths thing to happen at Fawcett. Like, maybe the Monster Society of The Golden Earth emerges after nearly 30 years, brought back together by an aged Dr. Sivana and his family. After using Black Magic of some kind to Resurrect the long-dead Mr Mind of that Earth as a super-Intelligent Zombie, Sivana reveals that he has discovered the Alternate Silver Earth and believes that since the heroes there are still young and inexperienced, compared to the ''Crusaders Club'' on their Earth, they should be able to take it over with relative ease. Mr Mind immediately retakes control and instructs the Society to create a gateway to the other Earth using his designs. Somehow, their secret meeting is infiltrated by a 30-something-year-old Fred Freeman who relays the info to the now 42-year-old William Batson and Mary Batson of that Earth, who're still operating as Captain and Mary Marvel, while Freddy decided to Retire after feeling as if he'd become too old to be Captain Marvel Jr and became a cop instead. They gather up the Crusaders Club and manage to head into the portal ahead of the monster society. After Reaching Silver Earth they quickly find themselves meeting up with the Crusaders Squadron. After a misunderstanding leads to a fight, the two teams join forces and beat the Monster Society back to Golden Earth.

This could be a good chance for the two earths thing to happen at Fawcett. Like, maybe the Monster Society of The Golden Earth emerges after nearly 30 years, brought back together by an aged Dr. Sivana and his family. After using Black Magic of some kind to Resurrect the long-dead Mr Mind of that Earth as a super-Intelligent Zombie, Sivana reveals that he has discovered the Alternate Silver Earth and believes that since the heroes there are still young and inexperienced, compared to the ''Crusaders Club'' on their Earth, they should be able to take it over with relative ease. Mr Mind immediately retakes control and instructs the Society to create a gateway to the other Earth using his designs. Somehow, their secret meeting is infiltrated by a 30-something-year-old Fred Freeman who relays the info to the now 42-year-old William Batson and Mary Batson of that Earth, who're still operating as Captain and Mary Marvel, while Freddy decided to Retire after feeling as if he'd become too old to be Captain Marvel Jr and became a cop instead. They gather up the Crusaders Club and manage to head into the portal ahead of the monster society. After Reaching Silver Earth they quickly find themselves meeting up with the Crusaders Squadron. After a misunderstanding leads to a fight, the two teams join forces and beat the Monster Society back to Golden Earth.
2 things
  1. Zombies still don't get the Comic book code approval until the late 70s-early 80s and then IOTL Marvel was quick to copyright the name for comics (I was thinking of making Dracula the new leader the MSE)
  2. I counter the idea that Golden-Earths Fred Freeman instead takes up the name Marvelman instead...That being said William Batson & Mary Freeman still call him Junior

In 1971, the Schanes brothers (Steve Schanes, age 17, and Bill Schanes, age 13) co-founded Pacific Comics, which started out as a mail-order company, selling to consumers via ads in the Comics Buyer's Guide. This led to advertisements inside some Atlas comics, and ultimately to tangible retail stores. The first Pacific Comics store opened in Pacific Beach, California, in 1974, and business was soon doing so well that the brothers realized they "couldn't get merchandise" for the stores, and so set up a distribution system, which was soon supplying neighboring stores.

ddjioo5-871826ab-32e1-4cc5-8c15-52575745489c.png

Diamond Jack

DC comics
download.jpeg.jpg

The New Gods are a fictional race appearing in the eponymous comic book series published by DC Comics, as well as selected other DC titles. Created and designed by Jack Kirby, they first appeared in February 1971 in New Gods #1.
The New Gods grew to prominence when Superman the movie introduced Steppenwolf (Terrance Stamp) Lashra (Sarah Douglas) & Kalibak (Jack O'harrlen) in the opening scene of the Richard Donner movie

PSX_20191102_191804.jpg

Bat family of the 70's
  • Batman -Bruce Wayne
  • Robin (Earth 1) -Dick Grayson
  • Batwoman- Harriet Grayson
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon
  • Alfred Pennyworth
  • Commissioner James Gordon
  • I'Chang
  • Dr. Leslie Thompkin
  • Tim Trench
  • Wendy Harris (Batgirl's cousin)
  • Robin (earth 2) Richard Grayson
  • Huntress (Earth 2) Helena Wayne
  • Lucius Fox

Last edited:
DC comics
PSX_20191104_145035.jpg
Superman family 1970's

• Superman Ka-el
  • Lois Lane
  • Jimmy Olsen
  • Perry White
  • Lana Lang
  • Superboy Mon-el
  • Newsboy Legion
  • Guardian (Jim Harper clone)
  • Sandman 2
  • Supergirl (Earth-2) Lara Kent

Last edited:
Fawcett
In February 17 year old Mary Binder would write her first story in the back up tale of Fawcett's Tippy Teen (rebranded) Vicki under the psuedem Linda Lee Danvers in order to distance herself from claims of nepotism at the publishing company
PSX_20191103_125617.jpg

PSX_20191104_105318.jpg

Marvel family of the early 1970s with help from @nick_crenshaw82
  • Wizard Shazam. Comics will hinting at the idea that Shazam did choose other Champions between the era's of Teth Adam and Billy Batson but will not elaborate on them till late 70's
  • Captain Marvel - Billy Batson age 16
  • Mary Marvel - Mary Batson age 16 (finally gets her own series in 1972)
  • Captain Marvel jr - Freddie Freeman age 17
  • Fatman the Human flying saucer Willy Batson age 25 (only member of the lieutenant Marvels to be brought back)
  • Teth-2 age unknown, descendant of Black Adam member of the Legion of superheroes
  • Uncle Dudley left behind his Uncle Marvel persona has a business with Tawny
  • Talking Tawny - has his own series by Jack Cole- later Steve Gerber
  • Rocky the Marvel dog (Freddie Freeman's service dog)
  • Streaky the Marvel Cat
  • Charon a centaur cursed by the Wizard Shazam into becoming Mary's pet horse Comet
  • Black Adam due to the Comics code Authority becoming lenient on having Monsters in comics his appearance is more Mummy inspired
  • Niatpac Levram - Captain Marvel clone created by Dr. Sivana & Mr. Mind

Last edited:
DC comics
PSX_20191104_154647.jpg

Teen Titans ( 1971-1981) with help from @nick_crenshaw82
  • Robin (Dick Grayson)
  • Aqualad
  • Kid Flash
  • Arowitte (since Roy Harper has revealed to be a junkie she has been teaming with Black Canary)
  • Superboy
  • Fero-Lad 1 (deceased)
  • Fero-lad 2
  • Batgirl
  • Aqua girl
  • Zatanna
  • Shadow Lass
  • Projecta (Lilith Clay)
  • Bumblebee
  • Wonder girl (Drusilla)
  • Golden Eagle (Jane Dawnstar)
  • Nightcrawler