Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DC comics
395-13.jpg 133-1.jpg
In early 1970 DC comics successfully stole superstar artist Neil Adams and Jack Kirby away from Fawcett & Atlas respectively. And gave them free rain on their top 2 properties
Neil Adams with Denis O'Neill would bring back a gothic horror to the Dark Knight introducing such villains as
  • Nocturna
  • Man bat
  • Havok (later a Green Lantern/Green Arrow villain)
  • And Ras Al Ghul
Jack Kirby would finally bring a hard Scifi element to the the Man of Steel introducing stories involving cloning, (Newsboy Legion, Cloamnar)ancient aliens,(New Gods & Apocalyps) and artificial intelligence run amuck (Atomic Skull, OMAC) which would would influence the Superman movie that would come out at the end of the decade.

I feel like John Severin should be hired by Fawcett for this decade.
I would counter with both John and his sister Marrie Severin both getting hired by Fawcett.
Making the posible that Howard the Duck is a Fawcett property (provided Steve Gerber is also hired)

I would counter with both John and his sister Marrie Severin both getting hired by Fawcett.
Making the posible that Howard the Duck is a Fawcett property (provided Steve Gerber is also hired)

I like that idea. Plus it also makes Man-Thing a Fawcett character too.

In March 21 1970 the first Golden State Comic Con was organized in San Diego California with special guest Jack Kirby. The convention was popular that it would return in August as a 3 night event with the DC comics panel speculating Who is Darkseid? & Return of Fero-lad?

Last edited:
So, what's the current status of the Daleks in the Fawcett Universe?
Fawcett will keep the Daleks until 72 when they return to Doctor Who to fight 3rd Doctor in Day of the Daleks
But 1970 will be the last season of Minute-man despite the casting of Suzanne Sommers as Lt. Sally Forth being added

Ok I'm 19 days late to this particular party but love licensing idea for Green Hornet over to Fawcett and it being a big success with African-American readers. Maybe the new market spurs some ideas in ways to market the book like doing writer and artist autograph signings now and then in and near black neighborhoods. Running advertisements at news stands and places that sell periodicals in those same area. Long term they might want to create an African American character to appear in Green Hornet and inherit the mission once they lose the license or don't want to pay for it anymore. The final Fawcett Hornet issue could have Green Hornet and Kato dying with this new character who has been aiding the duo for years vowing to become the City's new vigilante and fight the good fight and takes down the big bad. Next month this heroes new monthly comic appears on the shelves. Keep up the excellent work on this timeline. Really enjoying it.

Fawcett will keep the Daleks until 72 when they return to Doctor Who to fight 3rd Doctor in Day of the Daleks
But 1970 will be the last season of Minute-man despite the casting of Suzanne Sommers as Lt. Sally Forth being added

I wish they didn't have to leave. The Daleks have the potential to be major villains in Fawcett's Universe. Like Darkseid's forces or the Skrulls.

Ok I'm 19 days late to this particular party but love licensing idea for Green Hornet over to Fawcett and it being a big success with African-American readers. Maybe the new market spurs some ideas in ways to market the book like doing writer and artist autograph signings now and then in and near black neighborhoods. Running advertisements at news stands and places that sell periodicals in those same area. Long term they might want to create an African American character to appear in Green Hornet and inherit the mission once they lose the license or don't want to pay for it anymore. The final Fawcett Hornet issue could have Green Hornet and Kato dying with this new character who has been aiding the duo for years vowing to become the City's new vigilante and fight the good fight and takes down the big bad. Next month this heroes new monthly comic appears on the shelves. Keep up the excellent work on this timeline. Really enjoying it.
said character should apper around 71 or 72 clearly inspired by Shaft

Super-Teens-Logo-600x257.png

In summer of 1970 Filmation & Archie comics worked out a deal to continue their collaboration the two companies had since the 60's and brought Archie's Superteens & Josie and the Pussycats to the the Saturday morning lineup (1970-1972)
200px-Josie_hb.jpg

Unfortunately The Superteens segments got canceled after five episodes after a ceses and desist from Warner media claiming that the the title was confusing kids about it being a Superman cartoon

Last edited: