Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ed Herron
Fawcett Comics

Herron joined Fawcett Comics in 1940, eventually becoming the company's executive editor by 1942. With artist Mac Raboy, he created Captain Marvel Jr. in Whiz Comics #25 (Dec. 1941), and with Jack Kirby he created Mr. Scarlet in Wow Comics #1 (Winter 1940-1941) and Pinky the Whiz Kid in Wow Comics #4 (Spring 1942). It was in the Mr. Scarlet story in Wow Comics #1 that the name "Gotham City" first appeared in the comics. Comics historian Greg Theakston notes that this pre-dates its name as such in DC Comics' Batman #4. During this period, Herron wrote for such Fawcett titles as Captain Marvel Adventures and Captain Marvel Jr..

Thing is, Fawcett probably changed the name of their Gotham in order to avoid another Suit with National. Keep in mind they barely got out of that predicament the first time.

Thing is, Fawcett probably changed the name of their Gotham in order to avoid another Suit with National. Keep in mind they barely got out of that predicament the first time.
I would also argue that Gotham City didn't get copyright debacle until the Batman TV series of 66 which National periodical/DC could argue that they did not make a fuss about it when the Batman movie serials were being made.
And with that it's December of 69 DC comics has Warner brothers lawyers now (well Warner Arts)

I would also argue that Gotham City didn't get copyright debacle until the Batman TV series of 66 which National periodical/DC could argue that they did not make a fuss about it when the Batman movie serials were being made.
And with that it's December of 69 DC comics has Warner brothers lawyers now (well Warner Arts)

Speaking of DC's parent company, do any copanies have their eyes on Fawcett at this time?

Comics
When C.C Beck stole the Green Hornet license from Gold key comics he had no idea that it would open the door to heroes of the Pulp era. In January of 1970 Atlas comics editor Roy Thomas acquired the Rights of Conan the Barbarian from the Robert E Howard's estate.
PSX_20190930_215343.jpg

Within the decade many Pulp novels would find themselves adapted to comics
  • The Shadow (DC)
  • Doc Savage (Atlas)
  • Lensmen (Fawcett)
  • Tarzan (DC)
  • Fu Manchu (Atlas)
  • Captain Midnight (Fawcett)

What a great addition to the timeline. I can just Imagine the crossover between Doc Savage and the Fantastic Four. Are they allies or rivals? Sounds amazing.

Like OTL Doc's Stories in the Atlas universe were set in the 30s I'm afraid but who knows

How about Captain America and Doc then?

Also, glad to see Captain Midnight home where he belongs. I just hope DC doesn't get down Fawcett's throat with the whole Lensmen thing.

Looking forward to some more Wally Wood stuff soon with The Misfits. But the 70s Are going to be a strange timeline. New characters, new artists and concepts. With Charlton going bust sooner, they could end up anywhere. They might even end up at Atlas.

One thing I would like to see is some more characterr stuff with Fawcett's staff. Siegel, Ditko, Black and the rest.

Comics
PSX_20191001_142712.jpg

January of 1970 the first issue of Fawcett Enterprises Green Hornet appeared on Stands.
(W) by Jerry Siegel
(A) by C.C Beck
The Series would find a new audience in the African American youth much to the studios suprise and in the decades be the launching point to several upcoming Black Writers & artists

View attachment 491926
January of 1970 the first issue of Fawcett Enterprises Green Hornet appeared on Stands.
(W) by Jerry Siegel
(A) by C.C Beck
The Series would find a new audience in the African American youth much to the studios suprise and in the decades be the launching point to several upcoming Black Writers & artists

Is this something that happened IOTL? Black Readers loving Green Hornet? That's very interesting. Maybe ITTL, the next GH could be a black guy?

What a great addition to the timeline. I can just Imagine the crossover between Doc Savage and the Fantastic Four. Are they allies or rivals? Sounds amazing.
Like OTL Doc's Stories in the Atlas universe were set in the 30s I'm afraid but who knows
How about Captain America and Doc then?

Also, glad to see Captain Midnight home where he belongs. I just hope DC doesn't get down Fawcett's throat with the whole Lensmen thing.

Looking forward to some more Wally Wood stuff soon with The Misfits. But the 70s Are going to be a strange timeline. New characters, new artists and concepts. With Charlton going bust sooner, they could end up anywhere. They might even end up at Atlas.

One thing I would like to see is some more characterr stuff with Fawcett's staff. Siegel, Ditko, Black and the rest.
MarvelTwo-in-One021-00fc.jpg

August 1976

Green Hornet
ddhdeq3-cc9fafce-ef08-4448-be8d-e3770b9b031f.png
I'm not sure about race changing Green Hornet
  1. Fawcett is licensing so even if the comics wanted it would be a gamble for the rights holders
  2. The modern racebending trend is not as popular as the media states (Miles Morales not withstanding)
  3. The 70s Black audience would probably be more offended that they didn't pretended to make a n original character

I'm not sure about race changing Green Hornet
  1. Fawcett is licensing so even if the comics wanted it would be a gamble for the rights holders
  2. The modern racebending trend is not as popular as the media states (Miles Morales not withstanding)
  3. The 70s Black audience would probably be more offended that they didn't pretended to make a n original character
Just did it based on @Igeo654's suggestion..

The Many Loves of Archie Andrews (1959 - 1963)
kmry3g4wh03grm33.jpg

Dwayne Hickman as Archie Andrews
Tuesday-Weld.jpg

Tuesday Weld as Betty Cooper
sheila-kuehl.jpg

Sheila Kuehl as Veronica Lodge
0w4c5q71lmwr7ql4.jpg

Bob Denver as Jughead