Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hate to double post, but I have to ask. Are there any other departures we can expect to see in the immediate future? What what I know, Otto Binder is getting on in years and apparently died in 1974. Will Mick Anglo be taking his position?
From what I read on Wikipedia, that Binder's family suffered repeated tragedies in the early seventies. His fourteen-year-old daughter, Mary, died when a car jumped the curb and struck her, his wife had a complete breakdown, and he started drinking heavily. Perhaps that can be butterflied away?

From what I read on Wikipedia, that Binder's family suffered repeated tragedies in the early seventies. His fourteen-year-old daughter, Mary, died when a car jumped the curb and struck her, his wife had a complete breakdown, and he started drinking heavily. Perhaps that can be butterflied away?

If his daughter lives, you could reasonably expect Otto to live until the Late 90s, maybe even make it to 2002. Though most likely he'd probably retire in the early 90s, possibly in 94 or 5. Hopefully, we'll get confirmation later.

I was thinking of having Seabroad as Atlas' comic magazine imprint for creator own characters.

Yeah, but As I said, Wally and Steve are gone so, would Atlas even exist? Doesn't seem to make sense for a company that will only exist for a single year.

When the 70s come around and horror comics make a comeback, maybe Beck and Binder will consider reviving ''This Magazine is Haunted.''

I was thinking of having Seabroad as Atlas' comic magazine imprint for creator own characters.
I like your point but it doesn't work with Martin Goodman's nepotism.
but speaking of Atlas Seabord with Tower comics butterflied away Vicky should be part of the Fawcett line at this point
68208-11474-101206-1-tippy-teen.jpg

I like your point but it doesn't work with Martin Goodman's nepotism.
but speaking of Atlas Seabord with Tower comics butterflied away Tippy should be part of the Fawcett line at this point View attachment 485231

That's cute. Fawcett gets their own ''Archie.'' Tippy could be useful to the larger universe, later on, I feel. Looking forward to a certain half British made half Argentinian made character soon.

By the way, would it be fair to ask for a list of all the characters from the main universe so far? Specifically the heroes and their codenames?

Last edited:
December of 1968 Maurice Anglowitz decides to leave Captain Marvel as the pressure of an international market caused much in delays.
with the cancellation of The Avenger artist Neil Adams meet up with Denis O'Neil who would bring him into DC.
With Joe Shuster and retiring CC Beck was looking for some new blood and an eager Bill Black came in wanting to modernize a Paragon like Captain Marvel

Last edited:
December of 1968 Maurice Anglowitz decides to leave Captain Marvel as the pressure of an international market caused much in delays.
with the cancellation of The Avenger artist Neil Adams meet up with Denis O'Neil who would bring him into DC.
With Joe Shuster and Otto Binder retiring CC Beck was looking for some new blood and an eager Bill Black came in wanting to modernize a Paragon like Captain Marvel

Bill Black at Fawcett? I guess that's AC Butterfield. the Indy scene just can't catch a break ITTL, can it? :p Shame to see Anglowitz go from Captain Marvel though, after so many years. Guess they'll have to assign him to another book.

Bill Black at Fawcett? I guess that's AC Butterfield. the Indy scene just can't catch a break ITTL, can it? :p Shame to see Anglowitz go from Captain Marvel though, after so many years. Guess they'll have to assign him to another book.
Mick Angelo woll be setting up comics comics for the European market . the indy scene is fine but yes Mary and Bulletgirl form FemForce
My plan for this timeline has always been people who tried to revive Captain Marvel before DC just ended finding success at Fawcett

PSX_20190905_194250.jpg

January of 1969 Billy Blacks first issue of Captain Marvel hits the newsstands Black would take Billy Batson away from the sci/fi storytelling that had been common in the 50s & 60s and back to a more URBAN Fantasy base setting

Atlas comics
Atlas Super-Heroes #18: debut of the Guardians of the Galaxy created by Arnold Drake and Gene Colan (from an idea by Roy Thomas and Stan Lee) the series would jump around the Atlas Bulletin and get rerelease countless times over the years before finally getting its audience
PSX_20190905_210317.jpg

I'm thinking Otto and family might vacation in England around 72 to actually meet Mick Angelo in person

I Think that maybe Sal Buscema could take on a few projects. Maybe take over Crusader Squadron or Bulletman.

Personally, I think it's great that Fawcett's biggest hero is more into protecting the world from Supernatural threats than Scientific ones. It fits the character more anyway. Maybe the Bronze Age Captain Nazi could be more Magic based too. Although, what happened to the collar and stripes?

By the way, I've been thinking. Maybe if Mick Anglo has too much on his plate with the regular Captain Marvel series, maybe giving him a different project would help. I suggest a series set in the future of the Golden Earth, once it's reintroduced. Remember Billbat?

Last edited:
King
In February of 69 Charlton Comics got a second chance by taking over from the defunct King Comics. By being the new Publication for King Features syndicates characters giving them the Comic Rights to Flash Gordon, Phantom, Prince Valent, & Mandrake the Magician
Flash-Gordon-12-Brooklyn-Comic-Shop.jpg-402x600.jpeg.jpg

In February of 69 Charlton Comics got a second chance by taking over from the defunct King Comics. By being the new Publication for King Features syndicates characters giving them the Comic Rights to Flash Gordon, Phantom, Prince Valent, & Mandrake the Magician
View attachment 485939

If they keep those rights, some company is going to have a wonderful time when Charlton is inevitably bought and they end up with the rights to Flash Gordon and Popeye. Looking forward to March. ^^