Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  1. No the story was put back into circulation in the 90s
  2. Rock of Eternity is a good pick

Oh, I see, so, the series went on Hiatus until 68, right? That makes sense.

Yeah, it is. The League is going to be moving into an orbital satellite, the Avengers have their own mansion, why not have a Team that conducts itself like a cabal of superheroic freemasons, I.E., underground in a cave?

Edit: OK, so, I'm stupid. Apparently Adam Eterno wasn't a Tom Tully creation. He was made by some blokes called Chris Lowder and Jack LeGrand. (Although Tully did most of if not all the heavy lifting with the character.) With this in mind, may I recommend this character instead?

Last edited:
Steve Ditko had a busy year in 1968 not only was he put on Mr. Scarlet and Ibis the invincible but his new creations Question, (who first appeared in Mr. Scarlet) Creeper (who first appeared in Ibis the Invincible) and Hawk & Dove (First appeared in Captain Marvel jr.)get their own series but he also helped modernize the new look for Phantom Eagle
PSX_20190830_165850.jpg

Steve Ditko had a busy year in 1968 not only was he put on Mr. Scarlet and Ibis the invincible but his new creations Question, (who first appeared in Mr. Scarlet) Creeper (who first appeared in Ibis the Invincible) and Hawk & Dove (First appeared in Captain Marvel jr.)get their own series but he also helped modernize the new look for Phantom Eagle View attachment 484333

Where the wings real, or some sort of suit ala Hawkman?

Where the wings real, or some sort of suit ala Hawkman?

Maybe he's some kind of Half-Angel? Like, an ACTUAL Nephilim. That'd be cool. Certainly something to set the character apart.

Hiatus? It started in1968, and it looks to me like the first issue was pulled from circulation and the upcoming issues were published as scheduled, I think?

My bad. I thought The post said ''President Kennedy.''

Anyway, I'm thinking. Since it'd be extremly dangerous to call the protagonist of ???'s Pocket Army Pete Parker, I was thinking that maybe he could be called something else? Maybe Pryce Playsted?

Last edited:
In October Denis O'Neill got his first taste at writing the Batfamily by giving Batwoman her own title with Artist Mike Serkosky. both men being fans of the BBCs Avengers the Batwoman title would have Harriet Kane going on Globe trekking adventures
PSX_20190831_093739.jpg

In October Denis O'Neill got his first taste at writing the Batfamily by giving Batwoman her own title with Artist Mike Serkosky. both men being fans of the BBCs Avengers the Batwoman title would have Harriet Kane going on Globe trekking adventures
View attachment 484491

So the OG Batwoman has a bit more dignity ITTL. Something tells me that thi5s is going to have a long term butterfly effect on Batman and Robin.

Last edited:
So the OGH Batwoman has a bit more dignity ITTL. Something tells me that thi5s is going to have a long term butterfly effect on Batman and Robin.
Even though Lee Meriwether left the Batman series after the second season and never put on the costume her character was still in DCs consciousness and when DC decided to modernize Lois Lane and Wonder Woman, Batwoman got the Mod treatment as well

So what's cooking over at Atlas?
1968 let's See
  • Franklin Richard's is born in the issues of Fantastic four (which also debuted Anniulus)
  • Ironman, Captain America, Dr. Strange (canceled within a year), & Silver Surfer get their own comic book titles
  • Oh yeah Doc Atlas creates the Defenders arch nemesis Ultron.

Last edited:
With the help from its parent company DC comics becomes the first comic series to be made from a toy line with Captain Action View attachment 484600

Here's hoping that Captain Action sticks around for a while longer ITTL. That being said, Maybe a redesign in costume is in order.

In November Charlton comics cancels Blue Beetle with issue 73. Dan Garrett would not return to comics till 1986View attachment 484601

Well, he had a good run, I guess. Much longer than IOTL. Still, being the only Blue Beetle can only help the character's iconic nature in the long run. Maybe this'll convince Charlton to bring back Stardust.

One thing I should mention is that about this time IOTL, Joe Shuster's eyesight began to fail. Hopefully working under Fawcett improves his Health and prolongs the blindness long enough for Radial keratotomy to be invented, or has his blindness butterflied completely.

Last edited:
Here's hoping that Captain Action sticks around for a while longer ITTL. That being said, Maybe a redesign in costume is in order.

Well, he had a good run, I guess. Much longer than IOTL. Still, being the only Blue Beetle can only help the character's iconic nature in the long run. Maybe this'll convince Charlton to bring back Stardust.

One thing I should mention is that about this time IOTL, Joe Shuster's eyesight began to fail. Hopefully working under Fawcett improves his Health and prolongs the blindness long enough for Radial keratotomy to be invented, or has his blindness butterflied completely.
  1. Captain Action is a licensed work and therefore cannot change his design. DC Can however can create supporting characters and keep the rights to them
  2. Charlton comics is on its last leg unfortunately. and who say Dan is the ONLY BB ITTL? Ted is butterflied but Jamye can still appear
  3. Joe's sight is going but because of the Merger with Magazine Enterprise he is mostly a face on the board and will allow to retire gracefully in a few years

1. Charlton comics is on its last leg unfortunately. and who say Dan is the ONLY BB ITTL? Ted is butterflied but Jamye can still appear
  2. Joe's sight is going but because of the Merger with Magazine Enterprise he is mostly a face on the board and will allow to retire gracefully in a few years
So, when is the company destined to go under? Sometime in the 70s? Definetly seems like that's the case. Hopefully, they'll get a buyer before they declare bankruptcy. Probably gonna be DC but right now, they could use the extra characters.

As for Joe, it's a shame to see the Siegel & Shuster team break up again, but I think Joe'd want Jerry to carry on without him. At least he can spend the rest of his days in relative comfort. I think that Neal Adams & Ernie Chan would be great replacements for him. Also, Bill Mantlo.

Last edited:
Hate to double post, but I have to ask. Are there any other departures we can expect to see in the immediate future? What what I know, Otto Binder is getting on in years and apparently died in 1974. Will Mick Anglo be taking his position?