Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Comics
PSX_20190821_114016.jpg

In November of 66 Steve Ditko left his most Famous creation Spider-man. Nobody's sure why some suggest that he left Atlas at the time. Some believed he disagreed with Stan Lee over who the Green Goblin should be others suggested that he left because he was not getting the recognition from the makers of the upcoming TV series but Mr. Ditko has left Atlas and has found himself trapped at Charlton comics who was restrictions on Captain Atom was making him hesitant about introducing some of his new ideas
61kgN9xlZNL._SX338_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

DC having limited success with Dollman in the pages of Justice League and teaming up with Hawkman allowed the Green light to introduce new versions Plastic man, Human Bomb, and Black Condor into the DC universe
250px-Double-DareAdventures1.jpg

In December of 1966 Joe Simon and Bill Draut called up Otto Binder asking for help with Harvey's troubled Superhero lineup he gave them the outline for a villain named Bee Man he made awhile back that had been rejected telling Joe Maybe you can do something with that. Unlike Spyman Joe Simon let Harvey comics claim the rights to Bee-Man as it wasn't fully his character

@THeaven, I have some suggestions for what the Teen Titans line-up could look like circa 1969 if I may.

The Fab Four
  • Robin
  • Aqualad
  • Kid Flash
  • Arrowette

Later Recruits
  • Superboy II (Lar Gand/Mon-El)
  • Beast Boy

Shooter Additions
  • Ferro (A black teenager from the south ITTL)
  • Projectra (I could see her a merger between OTL's Princess Projectra and Lilith Clay.)
  • Karate Kid
  • Mid-Nite (An analogue of Shadow Lass with the same powers, but "borrowing" Dr. Mid-Nite's name.)

Possible Additions?
  • Star-Spangled Kid (Sylvia Pemberton. A new, gender-swapped Silver Age version of the original with a similar background. Becomes the team's financial backer. Possible creation of E. Nelson Bridewell due to his knowledge of DC history.)
  • Stripe (Sylvia's partner, a younger version of Pat Duggan who acts as the team's gadgeteer.)
  • Bumblebee
  • Golden Eagle (Debuted in 1975 OTL, but an earlier version could possibly appear?)

View attachment 482074
In November of 66, Steve Ditko left his most Famous creation Spider-man. Nobody's sure why left Atlas at the time. Some believed he disagreed with Stan Lee over who the Green Goblin should be. Others suggested that he left because he was not getting the recognition from the makers of the upcoming TV series, but Mr. Ditko has left Atlas and has found himself trapped at Charlton comics, where restrictions on Captain Atom are making him hesitant about introducing some of his new ideas.
View attachment 482075

Things are about to get weird and rather tense at Fawcett when Ditko comes to town. I still say that Jerry and Joe should take him aside given their political stance, or at the very least, take Steve to a screening of 1951's Scrooge is any theatre in NYC is showing reruns. When he starts bringing characters in, his weird, dreamlike, psychedelic visuals via Mr A and others will certainly change the way people look at Fawcett forever.

DC, having limited success with Dollman in the pages of Justice League and teaming up with Hawkman, allowed the Green light to introduce new versions Plastic man, Human Bomb, and Black Condor into the DC universe.
View attachment 482073

I love the idea of DC being willing to adapt more Quality stuff so early on. Maybe they can do Wildfire next?

@THeaven

Possible Additions?

• Star-Spangled Kid (Sylvia Pemberton. A new, gender-swapped Silver Age version of the original with a similar background. Becomes the team's financial backer. Possible creation of E. Nelson Bridewell due to his knowledge of DC history.)
  • Stripe (Sylvia's partner, a younger version of Pat Duggan who acts as the team's gadgeteer.)
  • Bumblebee
  • Golden Eagle (Debuted in 1975 OTL, but an earlier version could possibly appear?)

Actually, I was thinking. Depending on what other company they may have bought back during the comic book crash in the 50s, we could potentially see teen versions of The Woman in Red and Spectro, or the return of Rainbow Boy and Purple Zombie.

Silver Age Ibis the Invincible
ddek027-1f7d780a-e689-4585-875c-49c53ec9d842.png

Very Good. Very 70s before the 70s.

Last edited:
@THeaven, I have some suggestions for what the Teen Titans line-up could look like circa 1969 if I may.

The Fab Four
  • Robin
  • Aqualad
  • Kid Flash
  • Arrowette

Later Recruits
  • Superboy II (Lar Gand/Mon-El)
  • Beast Boy

Shooter Additions
  • Ferro (A black teenager from the south ITTL)
  • Projectra (I could see her a merger between OTL's Princess Projectra and Lilith Clay.)
  • Karate Kid
  • Mid-Nite (An analogue of Shadow Lass with the same powers, but "borrowing" Dr. Mid-Nite's name.)

Possible Additions?
  • Bumblebee
  • Karate kid will just be Shooter writing Robin
  • Fero will have some Afro futurism to his look
  • I like the idea of merging Lilth & Princess Projecta
  • Mid-Nite could also work as a replacement for Trigons daughter
  • Bumblebee and Beast boy are a yes
  • I was actually thinking that the new Black Condor being a mixture of Golden Eagle and Northwind

Last edited:
  • Karate kid will just be Shooter writing Robin
  • Fero will have some Afro futurism to his look
  • I like the idea of merging Lilth & Princess Projecta
  • Mid-Nite could also work as a replacement for Trigons daughter
  • Bumblebee and Beast boy are a yes

So, to clarify, we're still on 66, right? Is fawcett working on any cartoons and which studio are they aiming for? I recommend DePatie-Freleng Enterprises for their work on Super President.

Last edited:
TV shows
In 1966 CC Beck, & Edmond Hamilton met with Irving Allen to produce a Minute-Man TV series. Irving Allen who had previously adapted Gold Key comics Space family Robinson's into Lost in Space was inspired by the Soldier turned superhero turned hero of S.T.U.R.N (Space and Time Unit Rescue Network) and the Evil alien Nazis in the personal tanks called the "Exterminators. Hamilton admitted that the guys from England at work came with them apparently some show in the UK called Doctor Who has villains like that. Little was anyone at the time was aware that Terry Nation was about to leave Doctor Who and take his creation, "The Daleks " with him to Hollywood in 1967 and try and try to get a series made himself. The three paths would cross

So, what comes next? More comics stuff? The truth is that very soon, Fawcett is going to need it's own Justice League. T.H.U.N.D.E.R Agents is great n' all, but it's more like the Fantastic Four and the company's a little behind the other two.

Last edited:
Nyoka_the_Jungle_Girl_-6.jpg

Nyoka the Jungle girl was one of Fawcett's most popular heroines of the 40s but by the 60s the Jungle girl genre had lost its steam plans were established to slowly transition Nyoka from Jungle girl to Super heroine and showed her transformation from the pages of Avenger, Bulletman and Wow comics until finally in 1967 Nyoka:the Lioness got her own comic
PSX_20190822_112123.jpg

View attachment 482303
Nyoka the Jungle girl was one of Fawcett's most popular heroines of the 40s but by the 60s the Jungle girl genre had lost its steam plans were established to slowly transition Nyoka from Jungle girl to Super heroine and showed her transformation from the pages of Avenger, Bulletman and Wow comics until finally in 1967 Nyoka:the Lioness got her own comic View attachment 482302

Considering she was a villain in that Avenger comic, I'd love to know how SHE got reformed.

TV
Irvin Allen hearing that the Daleks creator Terry Nation was as in the States set up a meeting with himself, Nation, and Beck to work out a deal so that they could officially use the Daleks in their MinuteMan series. Terry Nation thought the series was different enough from Doctor Who and could be merged with his Destroyers script( which he he was having difficulty getting looked at ) without to much difficulty so a deal was made that Minute man could use The Daleks for the TV series and comics however characters from his Destroyers script would have to be adapted into the series and only Nations was allowed to Write episodes where Daleks appeared in. Beck agreed however Allen was hesitant and so he gave Terry Nation a test drive by having him write an episode of Lost in Space before signing the contract it was a popular episode. And The Daleks, Sarah Kingdom, and Mark 7 joined the Fawcett universe
Genesis_of_Evil_page_3.jpg

Last edited:
Considering she was a villain in that Avenger comic, I'd love to know how SHE got reformed.
Never underestimate the popularity of a hot looking red head in a leotard ❤
Seriously though her Fight with Avenger was just a miscommunication between the two

Irvin Allen, hearing that the Daleks' creator. Terry Nation, was in the States, set up a meeting with himself, Nation and Beck to work out a deal so that they could officially use the Daleks in their MinuteMan series. Terry Nation thought the series was different enough from Doctor Who and could be merged with his Destroyers script (which he was having difficulty getting looked at.) without too much difficulty. So, a deal was made that Minute man could use The Daleks for the TV series and comics, however, characters from his Destroyers script would have to be adapted into the series and only Nation was allowed to Write episodes where Daleks appeared. Beck agreed. However, Allen was hesitant and so he gave Terry Nation a test drive by having him write an episode of Lost in Space before signing the contract. It was a popular episode and The Daleks, Sarah Kingdom and Jake Seven joined the Fawcett Universe.
View attachment 482311

Terry would be wise to give Fawcett semi control over the Daleks like he did with the BBC IOTL. Not just for their sakes but for Fawcett's sake too. Let's face it, the Fawcett Universe is expanding, but it needs more mythos, locations and races if it ever hopes to keep up with Atlas and DC. That includes the Introduction of more Alien races. Evil or otherwise. Making Skaro, the Thals and the Daleks permanent additions to Fawcett would go a hell of a long way to making that a reality. Plus, TBH, I've always prefered this origin to Genesis of the Daleks. Maybe it's just me but the idea that The Daleks were always rather ''Unattractive'' before they were turned into mutant octo-blobs is a fascinating idea. Plus, the idea that they were more than just ''Space-Nazis'' before the bomb, that they were actually quite peaceful and pacifistic until Zolfian came to power. It makes them more complex and terrifying, showing them to be much like humans once and what we could become if we don't seek peace instead of war. Coupled with the fact that the Daleks there actually are allowed to have names and it gives them loads of personality.

Besides that, they'd be great for event comics, standalone, ''Elseworlds'' and encounters with everyone from the Marvel Fam to T.H.U.N.D.E.R to the Misfits and especially the LoSH. Skaro could very well become the Fawcett answer to Apokolips.

Right now, the only other Aliens are whatever races Brainiac and Mr Mind belong to, Chameleon Boy's race and the Saturnians. You could make this guy's race of Martian canon too...but you'd have to get past the fact that the guy was a walking commercial for Grape Nuts. :p (Though personally, a race of Snake faced, tiny eyed, long eyebrowed Martians with electrical powers would be awesome TBH.)

Never underestimate the popularity of a hot looking red head in a leotard. ❤
Seriously though, her Fight with Avenger was just a miscommunication between the two.

And this is what I mean when I saw that this version of Fawcett is the perfect middle ground between Marvel and DC. Relatable heroes with foibles and problems that are still Larger than life celebrities. Youngblood done right, basically.

Last edited:
Comics
Steve Ditko had found himself unemployed in the span of one year he walked away from Atlas for personal reasons and following that his Captain Atom series at Charlton was canceled so in the meantime Steve Ditko self published his own work with Mr.A
J0PL5uQTsceI_ISUVnG96f0rlBk21W5NCT7PMF9_yi0.jpg

The character caught the eye of Wally Wood who was over worked at Fawcett and Suggested he take over for Mr Scarlet
Ditko agreed and fearing that he might lose his creation with this new introduced the Question as a backup story for his first run in Fawcett Enterprise
PSX_20190822_144706.jpg

Last edited: