Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was actually thinking that Sword would be the Tech guy of the team
Simply because it would be funny that the guy using the simple weapon that is magically inclined is also a technical genius

Maybe, in an ironic twist, it could be that Camelot was actually one of the most technologically advanced civilisations of all time when Arthur reigned and that Excaliber is actually some kind of Alien tech and the Lady of the Lake an amphibious extraterrestrial who brought it and the knowledge of her planet's tech to Earth. Kinda like ''A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court'' by Mark Twain, only with more Sci-Fi elements. Apparently, Arthur was canonically around during the time of the Roman Empire in the old myths, so It'd make sense.

One thing I would love to see would be more writers and artists from Britain, coming over to the states and the big three, share their art styles and their creations. Mick Anglo was the first one to do that, according to this timeline, so I'd like to think it sets a kind of trend. Little trivia from someone who knows. The thing about British comic book characters, I.E. original ones, is that they did exist, as far back as the late 40s as a matter of fact. It's just that we never got them out to the international markets because, at the time, such a thing would have been inconceivable.

We tried bringing our guys to an overseas audience with the likes of Albion and that 2006 Wildstorm revival of Thunderbolt Jackson, but it didn't pan out. It'd be great if thanks to Anglo and Fawcett, a couple of UK creators were able to get a measure of Fame in the states by working for the company and the other big two.

Last edited:
I was actually thinking that Sword would be the Tech guy of the team
Simply because it would be funny that the guy using the simple weapon that is magically inclined is also a technical genius
Legion member: Sword Lad
dddz7o6-b811a1e8-2fa0-48ce-bdf5-bcc694b0aea0.png

I combined elements of the Sword with Brainiac 5.

PSX_20190813_135535.jpg

In the January issue Wow Comics in 1960 Mary Marvel got her own pet with Streaky the Marvel-Cat after the introduction of Rocky the Service dog of Freddie Freeman revealed to be popular

View attachment 480173
In the January issue Wow Comics in 1960 Mary Marvel got her own pet with Streaky the Marvel-Cat after the introduction of Rocky the Service dog of Freddie Freeman revealed to be popular

Since the Golden Age had Hoppy the Marvel Bunny, I'm down with The Marvel Pets being a part of Fawcett. Mainly because they'll be no call for them to be retired after The Crisis Era due to their disconnection with superman.

By the way, I would love to hear about any new Villains that might be in the company. Besides Brainiac I mean. Since Otto Binder is still with the company, Titano, Black Circle and Bee-Man, who was originally a villain in his early days are most likely on the list, (which also means that Space Cabbie is most likely Fawcetts too.) and Wally Wood being there might mean the inclusion of Stilt-Man and the Ani-Men, (Plus all that characters that appeared with Heroes, INC IOTL and the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents, but only if Len Brown joins the team too.) Jerry Siegel could mean that Plantman is a Fawcett villain, with or without Stan Lee's involvement, not to mention that Steve Ditko will probably be bringing the rogues galleries of several heroes to the company when he joins, rounded out with the potential reboot of The Weeper and any original ideas that could be made, so there's a lot to look forward to.

Since the Golden Age had Hoppy the Marvel Bunny, I'm down with The Marvel Pets being a part of Fawcett. Mainly because they'll be no call for them to be retired after The Crisis Era due to their disconnection with superman.

By the way, I would love to hear about any new Villains that might be in the company. Besides Brainiac I mean. Since Otto Binder is still with the company, Titano, Black Circle and Bee-Man, who was originally a villain in his early days are most likely on the list, (which also means that Space Cabbie is most likely Fawcetts too.) and Wally Wood being there might mean the inclusion of Stilt-Man and the Ani-Men, (Plus all that characters that appeared with Heroes, INC IOTL and the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents, but only if Len Brown joins the team too.) Jerry Siegel could mean that Plantman is a Fawcett villain, with or without Stan Lee's involvement, not to mention that Steve Ditko will probably be bringing the rogues galleries of several heroes to the company when he joins, rounded out with the potential reboot of The Weeper and any original ideas that could be made, so there's a lot to look forward to.
  • as the Marvel pets go Comet's backstory doesn't have to change at all and considering the love trapezoid we seem to have put Mary in.. Robert Kanigher might reconsider simplifying Wonder Woman's Love life since she is Mary's main financial rival ITTL
  • Titano is a yes. I have him as a Rocket test chimp that landed on the Rock of Eternity and started growing.
  • from what I have gathered Dark Circle were a Jim Shooter creation I'm afraid.
  • I may or may not have plans for Harvey Comics down the line so for right now I'm keeping Bee-Man where he is
  • as of 1960 Steve Ditko has introduced Captain Adam to Charalton comics
  • Plantman, Stilt-man, and the Ani-men will all be villains of Mr. Scarlet & Bulletman respectively
  • Spy-Smasher agent of T.H.U.N.D.E.R?

Last edited:
  • I was thinking about making Dynamo the Silverage Spy-Smasher honestly
  • Lightning can take Dynamos name.
  • And I'm afraid Wally Wood will have to drop Raven from the team

I Actually like the idea, TBH. Spy Smasher and a bunch of other superhuman Agents working for the government in a similar capacity to the FF or the Challengers of the Unknown. Just a quick thought though. If Spy Smasher is going to take Dynamo's place and possibly even design, does that mean that The Avenger can replace Raven in that roster?

• I was thinking about making Dynamo the Silver age Spy-Smasher honestly
  • Lightning can take Dynamos name.
  • And I'm afraid Wally Wood will have to drop Raven from the team
While I can drop Dynamo changing Lightning to Dynamo wouldn't work because the Lightning name was because his speed. I could also change Raven to Midnight as a legacy hero to Captain Midnight.
I Actually like the idea, TBH. Spy Smasher and a bunch of other superhuman Agents working for the government in a similar capacity to the FF or the Challengers of the Unknown. Just a quick thought though. If Spy Smasher is going to take Dynamo's place and possibly even design, does that mean that The Avenger can replace Raven in that roster?
THUNDER Agents worked for the UN not the American government.

Brave_and_the_Bold_28.jpg

With Fawcett comics releasing Legion of Superheroes to much fan fair Gardner Fox was committed to reviving the Justice Society for the next generation. Renamed The Justice League of America the new team consisted of
  • Aquaman who was given fresh life in the new age
  • Wonder Woman whose offen bizarre tales were heavily promoted as she is the only real Contender to Fawcett's Mary Marvel
  • Martian Detective
  • Flash (Barry Allen)
  • Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
  • With Batman and Superman joining but not taking up cover for the first year
  • Batwoman would show up from time to time as well as Super-Lois/Super-Lana
  • Green Arrow joined later in the year

While I can drop Dynamo changing Lightning to Dynamo wouldn't work because the Lightning name was because his speed. I could also change Raven to Midnight as a legacy hero to Captain Midnight.
Actually yes Midnight does work
I am afraid Lightning will have to be dropped as Fawcett would be worried that DC might sue over being too similar to The new Flash

Last edited:
View attachment 480260
With Fawcett comics releasing Legion of Superheroes to much fan fair Gardner Fox was committed to reviving the Justice Society for the next generation. Renamed The Justice League of America the new team consisted of
  • Aquaman who was given fresh life in the new age
  • Wonder Woman whose offen bizarre tales were heavily promoted as she is the only real Contender to Fawcett's Mary Marvel
  • Martian Detective
  • Flash (Barry Allen)
  • Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
  • With Batman and Superman joining but not taking up cover for the first year
  • Batwoman would show up from time to time as well as Super-Lois/Super-Lana
  • Green Arrow joined later in the year

Marvel will, of course, counter this with the FF. How will Fawcett respond? (alternatively, you could have the T.H.U.N.D.E.R Agents thing be the name of the team of Fawcett's main heroes, working for the UN, and have the OTL Thunder heroes as Solo books including Captain Midnight. (and The Avenger if you wanna redesign Spy Smasher?)

Last edited:
I am afraid Lightning will have to be dropped as Fawcett would be worried that DC might sue over being too similar to The new Flash
I see why I would have to drop Lightning, by the 60s companies like National/DC didn't do many lawsuits anymore and two major differences between Flash and Lightning were the fact that Lightning got his power from a suit and his powers were prematurely aging him.

So, the way I see it, there are two routes for the T.H.U.N.D.E.R Team's roster.

The JL Route:

Captain Marvel
Mary Marvel
Mr. Scarlett
Spy Smasher
Bulletman
Minute Man

(Original THUNDER Agents become Solo Heroes.)

The Original Route:

Spy Smasher (New Dynamo design?)
NoMan
Captain Midnight
The Avenger?
Mentor
Undersea Agent

(Main Fawcett roster forms Other team with a different name.)

So, the way I see it, there are two routes for the T.H.U.N.D.E.R Team's roster.

The JL Route:

Captain Marvel
Mary Marvel
Mr. Scarlett
Spy Smasher
Bulletman
Minute Man

(Original THUNDER Agents become Solo Heroes.)

The Original Route:

Spy Smasher (New Dynamo design?)
NoMan
Captain Midnight
The Avenger?
Mentor
Undersea Agent

(Main Fawcett roster forms Other team with a different name.)
Honestly I was thinking about THUNDER being Fawcett comics SHIELD not their Avengers.
And before Fawcett revives the Crime Crusaders Club in some form they need to get a silver age versions of Bulletgirl, Golden Arrow, Nyoka and Phantom Eagle

Last edited:
Honestly I was thinking about THUNDER being Fawcett comics SHIELD not their Avengers.
And before Fawcett revives the Crime Crusaders Club in some form they need to get a silver age versions of Bulletgirl, Golden Arrow, Nyoka and Phantom Eagle

I can't wait to see your takes on Shazam's Squadron. If you want Phantom Eagle to be in the Silver Age, I would recommend making him a literal Phantom of some sort. Maybe the Ghost of a Teenager who somehow died while stowed away on a torpedoed battle cruiser during the war. Love to see what you intend to do with Golden Arrow to set him apart from Green Arrow. Maybe make him an actual Native American? With the success of the Martian Detective, I can definitely envision Nyoka as an Alien in some way too

With Bullet Girl, I'd still have her be Jim's wife. It was rare in comics around that era where a loved one of a superhero found out said hero's identity, so It may shake things up if we had a Husband and Wife Duo this early into the Silver Age knowingly fighting crime together.

Also, About Dynamo becoming the New Spy Smasher. I thought about it and ended up making this on Photoshop to see how it would look like. If it means we get to keep The Avenger as a solo hero with Ted Kord's personality, I'm all in. (Also, maybe Instead of being a speedster, lightning could have Electrical or Weather Control Powers instead? Just a thought.)

TMXuvyG.jpg

Last edited:
PSX_20190814_122426.jpg

In 1961 Atlas Comics got back into the Superhero game with the Fantastic four, though the history of how the Team came to be from it's creators Stan Lee and Jack Kirby are conflicting with each other the Fab Four would start the wheels that would make Atlas a great competition for the big 2