Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
View attachment 479066
In November of 1957 Fawcett comics editor hires hires Plastic man creator for help on some new projects
Cole admitted in his Becks funeral in 89 "I was in a dark place when Beck took me away from Playboy I shudder to think what I would have done had I not been brought back to making heroes over smut"

Hooray! No Jack Cole Suicide. Although we'll never know why he took his own life, I'm not gonna assume the worst of the guy. We can only imagine what working for Playboy might have done to him. Still, good to have him on board. His artwork may be cartoony and a little bizarre in places, (See his work on Death Patrol for more detail.) but the way Fawcett is going, that could be a good thing. I think he and Steve Ditko could work well together in the company. Maybe have them team up on the new Mr Scarlet?

One thing I should mention, btw. Since Fawcett is picking up writers and artists who would otherwise be down on their luck, would it be possible for them to pick up Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster? They could bring their ''Funnyman'' to Fawcett, and it'd give them the stable employment they so richly deserve.

Last edited:
All new Silver-age Bulletman
With DC comics revamping Flash with great success Fawcett Publications realized they needed a new Speedster as well and Jack Cole still not completly in the right shape of mind came up with a new Bulletman
Hugh O'Brian wounded soldier in Korea volunteers to have Technology from a crashed UFO repair his arms and skull and quickly discovers it also allows him to fly at tremendous Speeds. the Stories were pretty dark for the Silverage
bulletman.jpg

With DC comics revamping Flash with great success Fawcett Publications realized they needed a new Speedster as well and Jack Cole still not completly in the right shape of mind came up with a new Bulletman
Hugh O'Brian wounded soldier in Korea volunteers to have Technology from a crashed UFO repair his arms and skull and quickly discovers it also allows him to fly at tremendous Speeds
View attachment 479093

Not in his right mind? I dunno. I rather like the design to be honest. Although, I'd call him something other than O'Brian to separate him from Plas. Hugh Harrower maybe, like Alix Harrower, the Bulleteer. Also, could we have some more info about this new guy's Rogues Gallary, Please? Also, will this BM have a female counterpart and kid sidekick too?

Last edited:
Not in his right mind? I dunno. I rather like the design to be honest. Although, I'd call him something other than O'Brian to separate him from Plas. Hugh Harrower maybe, like Alix Harrower, the Bulleteer.
  1. recovery takes time, and this is a good outlet
  2. yeah he's not over loosing Plas that's why the change in costume
  3. we keep the name Bulletman because Spoilers

1. recovery takes time, and this is a good outlet
  2. yeah he's not over loosing Plas that's why the change in costume
  3. we keep the name Bulletman because Spoilers

Sorry, I wasn't talking about having them change the hero name, I was talking about having them change the civilian name. but now you mention it, using the name O'Brien and having a costume that looks like that makes sense in that context. So, about my Siegel and Shuster idea. Do you think it could work?

With Sci-fi, Westerns, and Horror dominate in sales C.C Beck, took a gamble after hearing a crude joke about Fawcett's Patriotic heroes name and went to Writer Otto Binder to rebrand Minuteman from a patriotic superhero to a Time Traveler who fought aliens who posed as monsters of mythology often teaming up with Fawcett's Western hero Golden Arrow whose stories were overshadowing Tex Ridder's licensed book. By 58 Minutman would team up with Time Travelers Cosmic boy, Saturn Girl, and Lightning Boy to fight the evil Brainiac
psx_20190804_150656-jpg.478017
dddmdkf-a83b4f12-2a46-4953-9775-8b2ee1ea6309.png

I'm willing to let this be cannon if you state the company and cast/crew
I can finally do this for a 1942 Doc Savage serial

DOC SAVAGE: A COLUMBIA SERIAL IN 15 CHAPTERS
BusterCrabbe.jpg

Producer: Larry Darmour
Director: James W. Horne
Photography: James S. Brown, Jr.
Script: Basil Dickey
George H. Plympton
Wyndham Gittens
Music: Lee Zahler

Cast:
Doc Savage: Larry “Buster” Crabbe
Pat Savage: Brenda Joyce
Tarnack: James Craven
Natalia: Veda Ann Borg
Renny: Guinn Williams
Ham: Roy Barcroft
Monk: William Demarest
Long Tom: Guy Wilkerson
Johnny: Reed Hadley
Brown: Ray Teal
Taylor: Al Ferguson
Butch: Jack Ingram
Karl: George Magrill
Wheeler: Dick Botiller
Meeks: Kit Guard
Lyle: Lester Dorr
DA Warwick: Forbes Murray
Inspector Nolan: Robert Fiske
Judge Watkins: Selmer Jackson
Tuka: Al Kikume
Narrator: Knox Manning

(Some names have been changed)
I forgot to mention ITTL Bizarro is also a member of the Marvel Family (he's a Golem created by Mr. Mind)
Fawcett already had a Bizarro like character called Niatpac Levram

I have two competing ideas for Mr. Scarlet relaunch.
The new Mr. Scarlet is
  1. Matt Murdock by Wally Wood (if this gets picked Fawcett or Charalton gets the rights to Lwv Gleason's Daredevil)
  2. Ted Kord by Steve Ditko (if this gets picked Ditko never goes to Charalton or DC gets Fox features )
dddmian-3cb3c2ab-36a5-4028-b33a-cf18d299aa26.png

I can finally do this for a 1942 Doc Savage serial

DOC SAVAGE: A COLUMBIA SERIAL IN 15 CHAPTERS
BusterCrabbe.jpg

Producer: Larry Darmour
Director: James W. Horne
Photography: James S. Brown, Jr.
Script: Basil Dickey
George H. Plympton
Wyndham Gittens
Music: Lee Zahler

Cast:
Doc Savage: Larry “Buster” Crabbe
Pat Savage: Brenda Joyce
Tarnack: James Craven
Natalia: Veda Ann Borg
Renny: Guinn Williams
Ham: Roy Barcroft
Monk: William Demarest
Long Tom: Guy Wilkerson
Johnny: Reed Hadley
Brown: Ray Teal
Taylor: Al Ferguson
Butch: Jack Ingram
Karl: George Magrill
Wheeler: Dick Botiller
Meeks: Kit Guard
Lyle: Lester Dorr
DA Warwick: Forbes Murray
Inspector Nolan: Robert Fiske
Judge Watkins: Selmer Jackson
Tuka: Al Kikume
Narrator: Knox Manning

(Some names have been changed)
OK this doesn't contradict the 1955 TV series

Hugh O'Brian wounded soldier in Korea volunteers to have Technology from a crashed UFO repair his arms and skull and quickly discovers it also allows him to fly at tremendous Speeds. the Stories were pretty dark for the Silverage
View attachment 479093
Not quite the same but close
dddmm6k-71aff1fa-56e7-439f-8fb7-2001e811624b.png

Fat Marvel/Fatman and Niapac Levram
dddmn7r-beceb49b-b7ff-410e-accb-1e60cbac2997.png

Last edited:
So, since this guy is the combo of both Dare Devil and Blue Beetle II (Let's call him Matt Kord), what's his origin going .
Actually I'm thinking Mr. Scarlet will be Matt Murdock but when Ditko leaves Marvel he takes over from Wood and creates a new character named Ted Kord who creates Technology for him

Actually I'm thinking Mr. Scarlet will be Matt Murdock but when Ditko leaves Marvel he takes over from Wood and creates a new character named Ted Kord who creates Technology for him
I still think the two can work together. Also the Matt Murdock name is a Stan Lee invention, I think using Mr. Scarlet's sidekick Pinky would work better.

Last edited:
In 1957 Elvis Presley came to the office of Fawcett Publication C.C Beck thought that Mr. Presley wanted them to lease a Movie comic based on his next movie but the King had another project in mind
"I've been been a fan of your companies work for..some Time now,..why I even modeled my hair after Junior's there" Elvis pointed at a framed cover of Master comics. "So I was thinking why does Bob Hope & Jerry Lewis have a comic and I don't "
PSX_20190808_213804.jpg