Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
More importantly, this merger means that Fawcett also gets these guys.

latest

690577.jpg

429016-phantom%20rider1.jpg

If I was Beck, I would consider making these three mainstays of the Fawcett Universe ASAP. by the way, it looks like Marvel just lost not only the name of its future hero team but also one of it's greatest horror heroes too. Maybe Gary Friedrich and Stan Lee should consider investing attention Elsewhere.
I honestly don't think Funny man and Avenger will be that much more received in this universe than ours but yes Marvel does loose Ghost Rider and the name Avengers it sounds like

View attachment 479274 in a blow to DC comics C.C Beck met up with Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster in 1956 in an attempt to merge Fawcett Publication and Magazine Enterprise. In 1958 an agreement was made and Fawcett Publication becomes Fawcett Enterprise with Siegel and Shuster becoming investors and occasionally working on titles like Golden Archer & Spy-Smasher
My poor attempt at Fawcett's new logo
dddosgo-f0771972-e5de-4cd5-8a19-ed14a301c0a7.png

Nic but for Lightning boy l would keep him a Redhead
Neither Lash Lightning nor Lightning Girl have red hair but I may make him a strawberry blonde.
I honestly don't think Funny man and Avenger will be that much more received in this universe than ours but yes Marvel does loose Ghost Rider and the name Avengers it sounds like
You could use The Avenger design for the silver age Spy Smasher, maybe even have them reprint his adventures under the Spy Smasher name.

I'm more optimistic about those two, If you'll pardon me for saying so. I feel as if under the Direction of CC Beck and Mike Angelo, Funnyman and The Avenger could have the potential to become among the most recognizable names in comics. Maybe Jerry and Joe could kindly let Jack Cole write a few issues to help him get over the Loss of Plastic Man. If Jack could propel a character like Plas to popularity, imagine what he could do for Funnyman.

My poor attempt at Fawcett's new logo
dddosgo-f0771972-e5de-4cd5-8a19-ed14a301c0a7.png

I think that Fawcett might want to change their name again at some point, FE sounds a bit too much like DC and it could be easy to get lost in the fray. Maybe something like Slam-Bang or Whiz?

You could use The Avenger design for the silver age Spy Smasher, maybe even have them reprint his adventures under the Spy Smasher name.

I prefer my Captain Scarlett esc design, but if one was to make The Matt Murdock Mr Scarlet more like Daredevil, blindness and everything, and give the Roger Wright Spy Smasher Ted Kord's lovable personality and love for Gadgetry, it could definitely work. Maybe Have it so that Alan Armstrong exists in both the words of the Golden Age Crime Crusaders Club and the Silver Age world of Shazam's Squadron or whatever THeaven wants to call them, only on The Silver Earth, he dies saving Roger or something like that. Sorta like how Dan Garrett died saving Ted Kord.

Last edited:
View attachment 479305
How's this as a compromise

That's quite good to be honest. I'm not sure which one I like more.

Also, I've decided to make a list of all of Fawcett's Heroes currently in print, Present and possibly future.

Present:
Captain Marvel
Captain Marvel Jr.
Mary Marvel
Minute Man
Bulletman
Moon Girl
Lightning Lad
Magnet Boy

Future:
Mr. Mind Decended Legion member?
Fatman
Golden Earth Marvels?
Golden Earth Minute Man?
golden Earth Moon Girl?
Ghost Rider
Retooled Spy Smasher
Golden Age Spy Smasher?
Retooled Mr. Scarlett
Golden Earth Mr Scarlett (and Pinky)
Golden Earth Magno/Davey?
Retooled Bullet Girl?
Golden Earth Bulletman?
Golden Earth Bullet Girl?
Funnyman?
Retooled Captain Midnight?
Golden Earth Captain Midnight?
Retooled Golden Arrow
Golden Earth Golden Arrow?
Retooled Red Gaucho
Golden Earth Red Gaucho?
Daughter of Ibis?
Golden Earth Ibis?
Golden Earth Marvo?
Golden Earth El Carim?
Retooled Raven
Golden Earth Raven?
Retooled Vulcan?
Golden Earth Vulcan?
Retooled Sword?
Golden Earth Sword
Retooled Jet Powers?
Retooled Nyoka?
Golden Earth Nyoka?
Hawk and Dove
Mr A/The Question/Rorschach?
Captain Atom/Dr. Manhatten?
Odd Man
Ditko's Static?
Ditko's Missing Man?
Ditko's Killjoy
The Creeper
Ditko's Destructor?
Ditko's Liberty Belle?
Shade the Changing Man
Ditko's Stalker
Speedball?

All unconfirmed but still possible characters have been marked with ?'s

Last edited:
My idea so far
Present:

Captain Marvel
Captain Marvel Jr.
Mary Marvel
Minute Man
Bulletman
Moon Girl
Lightning Lad
Magnet Boy

Future:
Mr. Mind Decended Legion member (no this is a terrible idea, I keep imagining Mary Marvel hooking up with the Fluke man from X-files)
Fatman (later just named Human Saucer)
Golden Earth Marvels
Golden Earth Minute Man
golden Earth Moon Girl
Ghost Rider
Retooled Spy Smasher
Super Green Beret
(Split) Captain Marvel (renamed Mannequin)
Golden Age Spy Smasher
Retooled Mr. Scarlett
Retooled Bullet Girl
Golden Earth Bulletman?
Funnyman? (Possibly retooled & renamed)
Retooled Phantom Eagle
Golden Earth Captain Midnight & Phantom Eagle
Retooled Golden Arrow
Western Golden Arrow
Retooled Red Gaucho
Western Red Gaucho?
Daughter of Ibis (Isis?)
Ibis the invincible
Golden Earth Marvo?
Golden Earth El Carim?
Retooled Raven
Golden Earth Raven
Retooled Vulcan
Golden Earth Vulcan
Retooled Sword?
Golden Earth Sword
Retooled Nyoka
Golden Earth Nyoka?
Hawk and Dove
Mr A/The Question
Odd Man
Ditko's Static?
Ditko's Missing Man?
Ditko's Killjoy
The Creeper
Ditko's Destructor? (No he's part of Atlas)
Shade the Changing Man
Ditko's Stalker?
Speedball?(maybe)
The cartoon heroes of Filmation until 1982
G.I Joe
Transformers
Milestone comics characters?
Popeye (since 1997)

My idea so far
Present:

Captain Marvel
Captain Marvel Jr.
Mary Marvel
Minute Man
Bulletman
Moon Girl
Lightning Lad
Magnet Boy

Future:
Mr. Mind Decended Legion member (no this is a terrible idea, I keep imagining Mary Marvel hooking up with the Fluke man from X-files)

Fatman (later just named Human Saucer)
Golden Earth Marvels
Golden Earth Minute Man
golden Earth Moon Girl
Ghost Rider
Retooled Spy Smasher
Super Green Beret
(Split) Captain Marvel (renamed Mannequin)
Golden Age Spy Smasher
Retooled Mr. Scarlett
Retooled Bullet Girl
Golden Earth Bulletman?
Funnyman? (Possibly retooled & renamed)
Retooled Phantom Eagle
Golden Earth Captain Midnight & Phantom Eagle
Retooled Golden Arrow
Western Golden Arrow
Retooled Red Gaucho
Western Red Gaucho?
Daughter of Ibis (Isis?)
Ibis the invincible
Golden Earth Marvo?
Golden Earth El Carim?
Retooled Raven
Golden Earth Raven
Retooled Vulcan
Golden Earth Vulcan
Retooled Sword?
Golden Earth Sword
Retooled Nyoka
Golden Earth Nyoka?
Hawk and Dove
Mr A/The Question
Odd Man
Ditko's Static?
Ditko's Missing Man?
Ditko's Killjoy
The Creeper
Ditko's Destructor? (No he's part of Atlas)
Shade the Changing Man
Ditko's Stalker?
Speedball?(maybe)
The cartoon heroes of Filmation until 1982
G.I Joe
Transformers
Milestone comics characters?
Popeye (since 1997)

1:I was actually thinking a slightly redesigned Brainiac-5 with Specs, a radio around his neck and antenna for that one. A result of an elderly, dying Mr Mind mixing his DNA with that of a humanoid in a kind of cloning experiment.

2:If you're going to retool and rename Funnyman, I think ''The Comedian'' might be a good name for him. Or, alternatively, you can keep the name Funnyman and turn him into a literal ''Cartoon come to Life'' with June Farrell as his cartoonist/Love Interest. Sorta like a Silver Age version of The Mask.

3: Ooh, yes. that's what I was thinking too. sort of like a Fawcett version of Zatanna.

4:Eh, I say let it be Mr A. Let Steve have his fun. Although for the love of God, keep that boi on a leash. I mean, I love his work n' all, but I've seen some of his objectivist cartoons he made for his indy work and they are pure cringe. Maybe Jack, Jerry and Joe could take him aside and have a word with him about his philosophical views. Being elder members of the Industry and rather left-leaning, I'm sure they can give him a change of perspective.

5: Actually, I kind of envision what would have been if Wildstorm had merged with Fawcett instead of starting with Image. Basically, you'd have everyone from Gen13 to Tom Strong to Top 10 to Stormwatch to Wetworks to Black Ops to WildCATs to Dv8 and The Maxx in the same universe as Capt Marvel and the rest.(everything minus The Authority, LxG, Astro City & America's Best Comics that'd probably end up elsewhere.) Maybe have Milestone be one of the studios that make up Image instead.

Also, one last name I wanted to mention. Do you in any way see Paul Chadwick bringing Concrete to Fawcett in the 80s?

Last edited:
Capmarv could really be a amnesic time displaced Hilly Billy Marvel who was captured by Thaddeus Sivana Jr. in a sphere suspendium in 1953. He could become Fawcett's version of Mon-El.

Fat Marvel could lose his powers in the same attack only to gain new powers in 1967.

Tall Marvel physically survives but the trauma forces him to retire only to be killed by Dr. Sivana in 1967 just as he was about to start his new career as Captain Shazam.

I can also see Fawcett eventually changing their name to Fawcett Entertainment as they diversify into other areas of entertainment.

Capmarv could really be a amnesic time displaced Hilly Billy Marvel who was captured by Thaddeus Sivana Jr. in a sphere suspendium in 1953. He could become Fawcett's version of Mon-El.

Fat Marvel could lose his powers in the same attack only to gain new powers in 1967.

Tall Marvel physically survives but the trauma forces him to retire only to be killed by Dr. Sivana in 1967 just as he was about to start his new career as Captain Shazam.

I can also see Fawcett eventually changing their name to Fawcett Entertainment as they diversify into other areas of entertainment.

I'm not sure is a ''sliding timeline'' continuity would work well for Fawcett, given how long The Marvel Family have been around for ITTL.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Arrow, all of them have been around as long and some longer then Captain Marvel while Captain America had only about an eight break in his publication history with Sub-Mariner being not that much longer yet both Marvel and DC have sliding timelines.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Arrow, all of them have been around as long and some longer then Captain Marvel while Captain America had only about an eight break in his publication history with Sub-Mariner being not that much longer yet both Marvel and DC have sliding timelines.

Yeah, true. What I meant was that it'd be possible that Fawcett would possibly have what DC had going on at the time. Basically, two Earths where all the stuff that happened in the Golden Ahe happened on one and where all the stuff that was going on in the Silver and Bronze age was happening, with occasional visits to the Golden Earth. If Fawcett decided NOT to do what DC did with Crisis, we could have frequent visits and crossovers with and to the Golden Earth throughout the 90s and early 00s. This could work in Fawcett's favour financially, because even as the Golden Earth heroes age in real-time while the Silver Earth heroes remain (mostly) young yet ever-changing, like with Modern Marvel, the more failing comic companies they buy, the more heroes they can add to either Earth.

Or maybe it'll be the other way round. DC eventually decides to keep Earth's One and Two around after Crisis, Golden Age Kal-L gets to live on along with the JSA and Infinity INC, with Fawcett doing it's own Big Crossover event, merging their two Earth's together, killing off their original Marvel Family, but making their golden age heroes bigger parts in the lives of the Silver Age guys.

marathag

Banned

having the Fawcett characters age is one way to get that 'realism' that Lee, Kirby and Ditko went with Marvel Comics relaunch in '61 with the Heroes having real world problems, vs what was happening over at DC, from their late '50s reboot from the Golden Age into Silver.

Real Families get older. Have Billy grow out from being the eternal Tween.
Extra points for 'Bill' getting a Draft notice

having the Fawcett characters age is one way to get that 'realism' that Lee, Kirby and Ditko went with Marvel Comics relaunch in '61 with the Heroes having real world problems, vs what was happening over at DC, from their late '50s reboot from the Golden Age into Silver.

But Marvel even went with a sliding timeline by the end of the sixties.

http://zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/marvel_time.html

Maybe you're right. But let's not age them too much, huh? Peter Parker may have stopped being a teen after the 60s, but he's been a young adult ever since the 1980s. Maybe have a similar set-up for billy. In contrast, by the time Crisis roles around, the Golden Earth Billy Batson would be an old man in his 50s, as would the others. What Fawcett should do is try to find a Ballance between the Marvel Formula and the DC formula. Larger than life demigods and heroes, always on hand to have the day, always coming off as the best of us in the public eye. Loved, respected and admired by all, but behind the scenes, having their own problems and foibles that they try to keep hidden, while it becomes harder to do so due to politicians and their own fame. A critique on celebrity culture, while showing the characters as relatable as well as heroic and inspiring.

Rob Liefeld always talked about Youngblood's concept as: ''If Super-Heroes were real, they'd be treated like celebrities.'' Why not have an entire comic company treat their heroes like that? Let's see Billy and Freddy become ''Bill'' and Fred'' respectively. Let's see them get endorsements and movies and marketing deals and fanbases in-universe, all the while having a semi-sliding timeline and a crisis event or two. How does that sound?

May I recommend that Murray Boltinoff move over to Fawcett in the late 50's, or early 60's?
He was the editor that work on a number of Steve Ditko books for DC, including Hawk and Dove and the Creeper.
He was the editor on My Greatest Adventure and oversaw the creation of the Doom Patrol.
He was involved with the creation of the spy comic Secret Six.
Boltinoff seem to have a taste that would fit Fawcett better then DC.

May I recommend that Murray Boltinoff move over to Fawcett in the late 50's, or early 60's?
He was the editor that work on a number of Steve Ditko books for DC, including Hawk and Dove and the Creeper.
He was the editor on My Greatest Adventure and oversaw the creation of the Doom Patrol.
He was involved with the creation of the spy comic Secret Six.
Boltinoff seem to have a taste that would fit Fawcett better then DC.
Ok I was trying to find someone to take over Spy-Smasher anyway