Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
View attachment 480398
In 1961 Atlas Comics got back into the Superhero game with the Fantastic four, though the history of how the Team came to be from it's creators Stan Lee and Jack Kirby are conflicting with each other the Fab Four would start the wheels that would make Atlas a great competition for the big 2

So, Marvel remains Atlas? This is an interesting Twist.

Ok, So remember when I said I would love to see Mick Anglo lead the way for more British writers and artists to come to the states to share their ideas? I have a couple of Nominations. Francisco Solano Lopez Who gave us Kelly's Eye and co-created Janus Stark with my other pick, Tom Tully, the man who brought Mytek the Mighty, Master of the Marsh, The Leopard of Lime Street and Raven on the Wing to life. Course, if you did decide to make them part of the Fawcett team, things would change for the characters. (Mainly making most of them American with the possible exception of Janus Stark. Raven could still be a Gypsy, but maybe change his name to Condor and making his sport Baseball.)

So is Atlas gonna stay named Atlas ITTL since the Marvel name is so associated with Fawcett?

Yeah, it probably wouldn't be in their best interest to change the name at this point, regardless of how far back the word ''Marvel'' goes in the company's legacy. Expect Captain Atlas and Ms. Atlas in the future. :p

So is Atlas gonna stay named Atlas ITTL since the Marvel name is so associated with Fawcett?
Well I haven't decided on them keeping the name Atlas or if they should change their name to something like
Fantastic comics or Excelsior comics
But as for right now the Merry Marvel marching society has turned into The Amazing Atlas Marching Society unless someone can do better

So, Marvel remains Atlas? This is an interesting Twist.

Ok, So remember when I said I would love to see Mick Anglo lead the way for more British writers and artists to come to the states to share their ideas? I have a couple of Nominations. Francisco Solano Lopez Who gave us Kelly's Eye and co-created Janus Stark with my other pick, Tom Tully, the man who brought Mytek the Mighty, Master of the Marsh, The Leopard of Lime Street and Raven on the Wing to life. Course, if you did decide to make them part of the Fawcett team, things would change for the characters. (Mainly making most of them American with the possible exception of Janus Stark. Raven could still be a Gypsy, but maybe change his name to Condor and making his sport Baseball.)
Who says Fawcett has to be the only ones looking at talent outside of our country?

Who says Fawcett has to be the only ones looking at talent outside of our country?

Nobody really, but seeing as Fawcett is the main focus, I just thought it'd be fun to have those characters around during the 60s. Figured that maybe Anglo would put in a good word for their creators with Beck.

The name Marvel in the name of the comics company goes back to the Marvel Comics, Marvel Mystery Comics, and Marvel Wonder Comics anthology series books published 1939-1946, where Namor, the Jim Hammond Human Torch, and the Golden Age Black Widow, and several other Timely superheroes made their respective debuts. If Fawcett took Martin Goodman and Company to court over that name, they'd be laughed out of court by any judge and jury not taking bribes from Fawcett.

The name Marvel in the name of the comics company goes back to the Marvel Comics, Marvel Mystery Comics, and Marvel Wonder Comics anthology series books published 1939-1946, where Namor, the Jim Hammond Human Torch, and the Golden Age Black Widow, and several other Timely superheroes made their respective debuts. If Fawcett took Martin Goodman and Company to court over that name, they'd be laughed out of court by any judge and jury not taking bribes from Fawcett.

Maybe, but considering that these guys basically made their own Superman, were taken to Court over it and still won ITTL, It's safe to assume the general, yet misguided consensus within the industry would be that Fawcett was essentially above the countries copyright laws. If they're so good and beating back lawsuits, they're probably just as good at winning them. I'm not sure if that's what @THeaven was going for or not, but it would kinda make sense.

Maybe, but considering that these guys basically made their own Superman, were taken to Court over it and still won ITTL, It's safe to assume the general, yet misguided consensus within the industry would be that Fawcett was essentially above the countries copyright laws. If they're so good and beating back lawsuits, they're probably just as good at winning them. I'm not sure if that's what @THeaven was going for or not, but it would kinda make sense.
considering between the 70s through 2015 Marvel & DC had this copyright battle for Captain Marvel because Stan Lee felt that Marvel comics should have a superhero named Captain Marvel and I'm just making sure that that is not part of the universe

considering between the 70s through 2015 Marvel & DC had this copyright battle for Captain Marvel because Stan Lee felt that Marvel comics should have a superhero named Captain Marvel and I'm just making sure that that is not part of the universe

And thank god for it. With Captain Marvel now a permanent part of Pop Culture and an eternal rival to Superman, the name is basically untouchable.

I'm also fascinated by how continuity will work for the various companies ITTL. See, in my mind, Marvel will stay the same and Fawcett is kinda leaning towards having the whole ''Duel Earth's/Multiverse'' thing DC had Pre-Crisis, but as for DC...IDK. Maybe they have something similar to Marvel with a sliding timeline, where Superman has been around since the late 30s and never seems to age. Would make sense since Supergirl is being Introduced the same way as Powergirl. Only they also have a kind of multiverse thing with infinite earths and at least one of them, the Quality Universe, is different from the rest. (they'll probably buy Charton eventually, so there's that too.) ~That said, I think it would be cool if National Decided to merge Fox's main continuity with their own as they did with Quality's universe IOTL. That way, you could have, Say, Stardust the Super Wizard replacing Captain Marvel as Superman's in-universe Rival.

And thank god for it. With Captain Marvel now a permanent part of Pop Culture and an eternal rival to Superman, the name is basically untouchable.

I'm also fascinated by how continuity will work for the various companies ITTL. See, in my mind, Marvel will stay the same and Fawcett is kinda leaning towards having the whole ''Duel Earth's/Multiverse'' thing DC had Pre-Crisis, but as for DC...IDK. Maybe they have something similar to Marvel with a sliding timeline, where Superman has been around since the late 30s and never seems to age. Would make sense since Supergirl is being Introduced the same way as Powergirl. Only they also have a kind of multiverse thing with infinite earths and at least one of them, the Quality Universe, is different from the rest. (they'll probably buy Charton eventually, so there's that too.) ~That said, I think it would be cool if National Decided to merge Fox's main continuity with their own as they did with Quality's universe IOTL. That way, you could have, Say, Stardust the Super Wizard replacing Captain Marvel as Superman's in-universe Rival.
220px-Flash_v1_123.jpg

No Flash of 2 worlds does exist in this continuity however the Golden age versions of the Fox features co-exist with the Golden age National periodical/DC and All-American comics characters with Earth-X & Earth-11 having a mix of properties

PSX_20190814_150743.jpg

In 1961 Gardner Fox and Gil Kane revitalized the first of DCs purchased characters from Quality comics
Ray Palmer the new Dollman [edited]

Last edited:
View attachment 480433
In 1961 Gardner Fox and Gil Kane revitalized the first of DCs purchased characters from Fox features
Ray Palmer the new Dollman

Interesting Choice. Only, Just so you know, Dollman was Quality's, not Fox's. Guess this'll have a big change in how Ray is Gandeled from now on. (I actually See Ralph Dibney taking on the ''Bouncer'' Name though.)

BTW, How about ''The Awesome Atlas All-Star Society?'' It'd certainly fit with this song's tune.

Last edited:
T.H.U.N.D.E.R. (The Higher United Nations Defense Enforcement Reserves) Agents
dde02vt-d9c774ec-afba-4d0d-a235-e0a8cd13ac33.png

Spy Smasher, NoMan, Midnight, Avenger, Menthor, Undersea Agent (U.N.D.E.R.S.E.A.)

"With the threat of the Subterraneans ended, new villains appeared in the original series. Issue #9 introduced S.P.I.D.E.R. (Secret People's International Directorate for Extralegal Revenue), the main villains for the rest of the series. Other menaces included the Iron Maiden, an armored mastermind (introduced in the first issue as a possible love interest for Dynamo) who worked for the Subterraneans; Andor, a fast-healing telekinetic superhuman created by the Subterraneans who was introduced in Dynamo #1; along with Red Star (Communist menace) and others."

U.N.D.E.R.S.E.A. (United Nations Department of Experiment and Research Systems Established at Atlantis)

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. (The Higher United Nations Defense Enforcement Reserves) Agents
dde02vt-d9c774ec-afba-4d0d-a235-e0a8cd13ac33.png

Spy Smasher, NoMan, Midnight, Avenger, Menthor, Undersea Agent (U.N.D.E.R.S.E.A.)

"With the threat of the Subterraneans ended, new villains appeared in the original series. Issue #9 introduced S.P.I.D.E.R. (Secret People's International Directorate for Extralegal Revenue), the main villains for the rest of the series. Other menaces included the Iron Maiden, an armored mastermind (introduced in the first issue as a possible love interest for Dynamo) who worked for the Subterraneans; Andor, a fast-healing telekinetic superhuman created by the Subterraneans who was introduced in Dynamo #1; along with Red Star (Communist menace) and others."

U.N.D.E.R.S.E.A. (United Nations Department of Experiment and Research Systems Established at Atlantis)

With Avenger now taking his place, I now choose to believe that Lightning is a weather-based solo hero. Also, I had fears about having a Team of various heroes introduced together like this, but after finding out that the T.H.U.N.D.E.R agents all got solo stories, I actually like this idea. I can't wait to see who Fawcett come up with next. (I still dig the Idea of the Lensman character idea, though what his origin might be is anyone's guess. Though, maybe his hair should be recoloured to avoid a copyright dispute.

Last edited:
dr_no_film_poster.jpg

In 1962 Eon Production released Doctor No to the United States introducing 007 to the wider American audience (most Americans were only aware of James Bond through an interview with President Kennedy or printed stories in Playboy magazine) Fawcett Enterprise was inspired to bring Spy-Smasher into the Silverage with agent: Andrew Wiseman codename Spy-Smasher
PSX_20190815_101849.jpg

Left: Jack Sparling design, Right: Wally Wood design

View attachment 480644
In 1962 Eon Production released Doctor No to the United States introducing 007 to the wider American audience (most Americans were only aware of James Bond through an interview with President Kennedy or printed stories in Playboy magazine) Fawcett Enterprise was inspired to bring Spy-Smasher into the Silverage with agent: Andrew Wiseman codename Spy-Smasher View attachment 480646
Left: Jack Sparling design, Right: Wally Wood design

Can we have the Wood design be the one that gets picked and have The Avenger be his own entity, please? T.H.U.N.D.E.R is going to need the extra boost if Lightning isn't going to be created or is gonna be his own solo hero. Also, I just had a thought. Why not have a female redesign of this character to act as Fawcett's own Black Canary.

Last edited:
Can we have the Wood design be the one that gets picked and have The Avenger be his own entity, please? T.H.U.N.D.E.R is going to need the extra boost if Lightning isn't going to be created or is gonna be his own solo hero. Also, I just had a thought. Why not have a female redesign of this character to act as Fawcett's own Black Canary.
Both Midnight & Avenger should have their own comics before 67 and yes S.P.I.D.E.R will have it's fair share of Fem Fatales

PSX_20190815_115149.jpg

Fawcett and DC were not worried when the Fantastic four was created. Why let the silly monster comics try to play with superheroes, then in the following year Atlas brought back Submariner (not worried) the Incredible Hulk and Ant-man (monster stories posing as Superheroes) then in August of 1962 Stan Lee introduced The Mighty Thor (with Jack Kirby) and Spider-man (with Steve Ditko) now the big 2 should worry

View attachment 480654
Fawcett and DC were not worried when the Fantastic four was created. Why let the silly monster comics try to play with superheroes, then in the following year Atlas brought back Submariner (not worried) the Incredible Hulk and Ant-man (monster stories posing as Superheroes) then in August of 1962 Stan Lee introduced The Mighty Thor (with Jack Kirby) and Spider-man (with Steve Ditko) now the big 2 should worry

Yes. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

Actually, this could be a good time to reboot Funnyman as a responce. Let CC Beck show Jerry and Joe a few Spider-Man comics Inbetween hiring new staff and have them reinvent the character as a teenager with maybe some of these powers.

Yes. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

Actually, this could be a good time to reboot Funnyman as a responce. Let CC Beck show Jerry and Joe a few Spider-Man comics Inbetween hiring new staff and have them reinvent the character as a teenager with maybe some of these powers.
Actually Fawcett is going to try and sue Atlas over Thor similarly to Captain Marvel. their lawyers are going to point out that
  • Thor is Norse mythology and therefore public domain
  • Fawcett has less of a comparison to work with then DC/National had when they sued them
So the plan was dropped