Fate of Europe and the Americas if Frederick the Iron becomes Polish King

So earlier today I created the topic of Pre-XVIth Century Hohenzollern Rise and @Jan Olbracht brought up the idea of Frederick the Iron of Brandenburg becoming King of Poland and Lithuania, something I didn't even know was possible. While lurking because I was busy talking with my girlfriend, I looked up the potential of there being any threads of this idea being explored but so far, it seems I only found one, though I don't remember the exact title of the thread. So this thread is to discuss what might've happened to Europe, the Americas, and maybe beyond if Frederick II, Elector of Brandenburg (ITTL King Fryderyk I of Poland and King Frederikas I of Lithuania as well) became King of Poland and Lithuania? Would he have an eventual claim on the Bohemian and Hungarian thrones? If so, what happens then? If not, how does the Holy Roman Empire go with Habsburg influence severely limited to just Germany and maybe Iberia and Italy here? How does the reconquista, HYW, Mohacs, and colonization of the New World go in this scenario? Any ideas would help me in a future TL idea I'll work on once my US Political TL is half-way done, whichever one it might be.

General conclusion about ATL Germany is weaker Protestantism as Brandenburg is going to remain Catholic. So with balance between Catholics and Protestants skewed compared to OTL in favour of the former it is possible, that Protestants would be crushed by Emperor at some point, although it is not guaranteed, as Catholic Elector of Brandenburg, who is also King of Poland, does not need to be particulary friendly to the Emperor. If Protestantism still prevails in Northern Germany then we'd have Catholic Brandenburg enclave surronded by Protestant German states and tied to Catholic Poland. That means that Brandenburg may develop its own separate identity.

krieger

Banned
So earlier today I created the topic of Pre-XVIth Century Hohenzollern Rise and @Jan Olbracht brought up the idea of Frederick the Iron of Brandenburg becoming King of Poland and Lithuania, something I didn't even know was possible. While lurking because I was busy talking with my girlfriend, I looked up the potential of there being any threads of this idea being explored but so far, it seems I only found one, though I don't remember the exact title of the thread. So this thread is to discuss what might've happened to Europe, the Americas, and maybe beyond if Frederick II, Elector of Brandenburg (ITTL King Fryderyk I of Poland and King Frederikas I of Lithuania as well) became King of Poland and Lithuania? Would he have an eventual claim on the Bohemian and Hungarian thrones? If so, what happens then? If not, how does the Holy Roman Empire go with Habsburg influence severely limited to just Germany and maybe Iberia and Italy here? How does the reconquista, HYW, Mohacs, and colonization of the New World go in this scenario? Any ideas would help me in a future TL idea I'll work on once my US Political TL is half-way done, whichever one it might be.

He wouldn't become a King of Lithuania, because Lithuania was no kingdom at that time. Also Frederick's ascension means that Lithuania will stay an province of Polish crown (IOTL acts from Krewo and Horodło meant Lithuania to be incorporated to Poland, and they were repelled only because bishop Oleśnicki denied Jogaila's sons, born from wrong mother hereditary rights to the throne) at least formally, maybe it'd become posession of Polish crown prince (like Wales in England). No, he'd have no claim on Bohemian and Hungarian thrones, IOTL sons of Jagiełło were invited to these thrones by supporters of elective monarchy, and at least in Bohemia, those hated Fred for the role which Hohenzollern played in Hussite wars.

Weaker Protestantism as Brandenburg is going to remain Catholic.

Possibly. Although with a POD this far back I'm not sure the reformation would follow EXACTLY the same trajectory as OTL. Bavaria could just as easily be inherited by one of the other lines (Ingolstadt, Landshut) and wind up going Protestant instead. Think OTL there was a flirtation with it, but it never went further than Albrecht V shutting down a couple monasteries IIRC (and Wilhelm V gave the lands back, which is why he's remembered as "der Fromme" (the Pious)). Or Bavaria remains fractured and you have one half going Protestant, one half Catholic.

No, he'd have no claim on Bohemian and Hungarian thrones, IOTL sons of Jagiełło were invited to these thrones by supporters of elective monarchy, and at least in Bohemia, those hated Fred for the role which Hohenzollern played in Hussite wars.

Earlier Habsburg Bohemia/Hungary then? OTL Friedrich III TRIED to claim them but lost out AFAIK

Earlier Habsburg Bohemia/Hungary then? OTL Friedrich III TRIED to claim them but lost out AFAIK
Frederick the Iron would not be particulary popular among Czechs so at the time just after death of HRE Sigismund of Luxembourg chances of Hohenzollerns are low, się to Frederick's father participation in anti-Hussite crusades, but Frederick's son or grandson may still get Bohemia/Hungary around the time Vladislaus rex bene claimed these IOTL.

Possibly. Although with a POD this far back I'm not sure the reformation would follow EXACTLY the same trajectory as OTL. Bavaria could just as easily be inherited by one of the other lines (Ingolstadt, Landshut) and wind up going Protestant instead. Think OTL there was a flirtation with it, but it never went further than Albrecht V shutting down a couple monasteries IIRC (and Wilhelm V gave the lands back, which is why he's remembered as "der Fromme" (the Pious)). Or Bavaria remains fractured and you have one half going Protestant, one half Catholic.
True. At least Bavaria-Landschut line would be directly affected.

This will be a titanic butterfly regarless what come later..would Bradenburg slowly integrated with poland? what would be of the teutonic order?....

I'll quote myself:

Some thoughts about possible fate of Teutonic Order-total anihillation of TO in Prussia, although military possible, would be problematic politically (Frederick may found himself placed under Imperial ban by Emperor and excommunicated by Pope) thus Lower Prussia (as East Prussia was called back then) may remain in TO's hands as vassal state, but, as member of German dynasty, Hohenzollern could get a deal and place younger son or other caded in position of Grand Master. Something, that would not be possible for Jagiellon.