Fascist flag thread

Isn't Anglish also a nazi thing? I suspect most attempts to restore the "Germanic roots" of languages are nazi things.

I have never heard anything of Anglish being associated with fascism or far-right ideologies, other than a few crackpots on the Internet who are also into neopaganism (which is also not necessarily a Nazi/far-right thing). Anglish has at least a few decades of history, if not more. Even the neopagan far-right groups (who are neopagans because they think Christianity is foreign and/or Jewish) don't seem to care too much about linguistic purism, so if it's a mistake to call Germanic neopaganism a "Nazi thing" (and it definitely is), then it's definitely a mistake to call linguistic purism in English or German or Swedish a "Nazi thing".

How can you have pure English? English is so full of loanwords it's more loanwords than pure English words.

A lot of ways, like making English like Icelandic and use loanwords as sparingly as possible. But there's plenty of ways to purify English, even less conservative Germanic languages like German and Swedish use tons of native words to express concepts which English has used loanwords for since 1066 (or in many cases since the 16th century or so).

Now I feel dumb cx

Need to brush up on my lessons again
Essentially you used the past subjunctive, an archaic use of sprecan rather than specan, declined eald in the nominative or accusative plural, plus a mispelling of E/Ænglisc.
You roughly said "(that) I spoke/said to the old English (people)."

:openedeyewink:

Essentially you used the past subjunctive, an archaic use of sprecan rather than specan, declined eald in the nominative or accusative plural, plus a mispelling of E/Ænglisc.
You roughly said "(that) I spoke/said to the old English (people)."

:openedeyewink:
Nice! Thanks man, its been a bit. I didn't know that Ænglisc was the accepted spelling, I've seen it with an A in the past.

I have a tendency to make simple mistakes like that, it's disgusting actually. Maybe I'll PM you next time I need some help!

Nice! Thanks man, its been a bit. I didn't know that Ænglisc was the accepted spelling, I've seen it with an A in the past.

I have a tendency to make simple mistakes like that, it's disgusting actually. Maybe I'll PM you next time I need some help!
Well, the A spelling isn't unknown just rare since it's from an non-i-umlauted formation of the also rare singular Angla Angle.

I've made a few flags throughout the years that were designed to invoke fascist aesthetics...

federal_republic_of_brazil__1_by_federalrepublic-d81pyxg.png

Here's one for Brazil using the old republican colors and the Cross of the Order of Christ in the center.

May I use this for a (formerly) fascist Brazil?