Fantasy and Alien Blank Basemaps Thread

Laurentia

Banned
I've never played the Warhammer games nor have I barely heard of it but I must say that I am noticing our world "Planet Earth" in some bizarre twisted form....hopefully I'm not the only one here that see's the zanyness...:p

Well, there are some hints in Warhammer that it's in the same universe as ours. It's also said to be much larger in area and scope.

Thande

Donor
I've never played the Warhammer games nor have I barely heard of it but I must say that I am noticing our world "Planet Earth" in some bizarre twisted form....hopefully I'm not the only one here that see's the zanyness...:p
I'm not familiar with the whole story but I think it was originally supposed to be a fictional past of our own Earth (much like Tolkien's Middle-earth is) but gradually wandered away from that.

Laurentia

Banned
i know im a noob but i dont know what this means :(
i uploaded it with imageshack and posted the "forums" link. Is it wrong?

When you make a post, if you scroll down and see the "Additional Options" section (Right before the Submit Reply button), You should see "Manage Attachments", select your image, then upload it as a .png

Frentanus

Banned
Ok i try :)

warhammer.PNG

Wait, what?
Why is it all red?
What, for that matter, is it?
I mean, is it a different world that looks a lot like ours for some reason?
And why is it red again? Why is the sea pink? Is it something along the lines of Britannia Rules the Waves (excluding the Gulf of Suez), but not Britannia itself? Why is Vancouver Island depopulated?
And why is it red?

Last edited:
Wait, what?
Why is it all red?
What, for that matter, is it?
I mean, is it a different world that looks a lot like ours for some reason?
And why is it red again? Why is the sea pink? Is it something along the lines of Britannia Rules the Waves (excluding the Gulf of Suez), but not Britannia itself? Why is Vancouver Island depopulated?
And why is it red?

No, its an alien global image...the reason the seas are pink are possibly due to something in the water (or whatever liquid one might wish to have) and the red landscape is due to rust (perhaps?)

http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/a/arda.html

The Encyclopaedia of Arda is rather good and has a lot.

I would say yours is probably wrong though. As in the Simirillian Tolkien states that the Elves, and later Humans, first awoke around a Great Inland Sea (A big one, very big) far in the East of Middle Earth, and that there were also great forests where many Elves on the Journey to Aman stayed becoming the Dark Elves (They never got to see the Light of the Trees hence the name.)

from the sparhawk series
Eosia:
Eosiakontynent.jpg

their actually a good read (got all sixe: the elenii and tamuli), although the second series (the tamuli) is kinda....its slike he changed the entire thing halfway through