Fantasy and Alien Blank Basemaps Thread

Any chance anyone has had a shot at fantasy maps for the planets Rabotev II, Halless I and 'Home' from Turtledove's series.

Thande

Donor
Any chance anyone has had a shot at fantasy maps for the planets Rabotev II, Halless I and 'Home' from Turtledove's series.

Um...how? Turtledove never mentions more than like three features on the surface of Home and nothing on the others. You might as well point to a map of any deserty planet and say "there, that's it".

EDIT: Original map now replaced with something useful :eek: Click the thumb for a BAM version.

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
Really quickly made an editable version of Thande's DW map(pe) - just traced from his so he gets the credit, haven't included nations aside from Cori Celeste, haven't included Leshp or Mu. Enjoy.

Mine was editable :confused: The blank version was at least. I do like yours with the finer lines though.

Briliant idea, Thande! I look forward to seeing how this thread turns out - there are already some great maps here, so that's very good. :)

For a first try I think we must go back to Mr Turtledove. Videssos ahoy!

Below is the original map I traced for comparison.

videssos.jpg

And here is my rendition:

Too bad that cant be added/expanded and made into a global map ;)

Sorry to engage in a minor necro, but Thande do you happen to have a larger third age map or is the second the most recent?

I've never played the Warhammer games nor have I barely heard of it but I must say that I am noticing our world "Planet Earth" in some bizarre twisted form....hopefully I'm not the only one here that see's the zanyness...:p

Not really a fantasy map, more like a science fiction map. Vesna, the capital planet of the Carpanonian Star Commonwealth from my Carpaverse. As you can see, though Earth-like, its oceans aren't as expansive as the Terran ones, and it also orbits a little closer to its yellow dwarf home star - making it globally somewhat drier and hotter than Earth (especially in the inland of the largest continent). The picture is a texture I made for the planet's model in Celestia.

vesna.jpg