Famous People In Alternate Realities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosta

Banned
If you want it you're gonna bleed, but that's the price you'll pay.

Morihei Ueshida: First saw action in the Russo-Japan War in 1905, he Retired after the war and turned his focuse on martial arts. Created Aikido, a self Defense used by Many people, including Law enforcement agencies in Hawaii, California, and Korea.

Koichi Tohei: a Soldier in the Japanese army in the world war, he saw action in China, and was part of the Heaviest Fighting in Korea, 1944. he lost an arm during the war, and latter entered Politics.

Love that you're doing things with Japan, one of my favorite nations. If I have to bleed to resurrect PS1, pass the knife, please :)

Jules Verne: leader of the Technocratic Party in the French Second Republic during the 80's and 90's. Major promoter of the French submarine project, the trans-Sahara railway system, and the expansion of science education in the French school system. Died, 1902, due to an unfortunate accident at a demostration of a new long-range rocket.

George Washington Carver - born in Missouri, his family was forced to move to Jubilee during the racial backlash following the declaration of independence by the black-controlled areas of the former Confederacy in 1879... During the "frozen war" era of 1881-1923, Carver became involved in military research, and did seminal work in the field of chemical and biological warfare in the first two decades of the 20th century. Still a controversial fugure today, at the time he was looked upon with great respect by both his countrymen and European scientists, while he was caricatured in major US newspapers as "Doctor Death", a sort of modern-day evil witch-doctor plotting the destruction of the White Man...

Bruce
Okay then, Verne doesn't work as the Second Empire lasted until at least the European War (its fate afterwards has never been revealed AFAIK).

As for Carver, his entry contradicts several posts showing the Confederacy to be a stable great power, and race relations are actually slightly better worldwide.

I'd say race relations in this CSA would be about 30 years behind race relations in the US of OTL as a whole. So racist a CSA is pretty accurate and we always had the CSA as more racist than the North. The USA is the nation that is more racial progressive than it was in the OTL. How that happened is someone posted a black president in the 50's and we had to cope.

I don't know what the Carver post specifically contadicts though.

Since we're adding -though I'd prefer to let sleeping dogs lie-:

D.W. Griffith: Film maker and emigrant to the Confederacy. Griffith is notable for his seminal work "Birth of a Nation" about the creation of the Confederacy. While the first feature length film, and while its portrayal reinvigorated racism, white superiority and the Klan in the South (where it remains popular to varying degrees in the modern age), it saw a major backlash in the Union which the film had condemned along with blacks. This in turn led ironically to better race relations in the North, which leaped ahead decades. His next film, "The Hunt For Dishonest Hannibal" about a mythologized hunt for Hannibal Hamlin in a world where the South took over all of the United States had a similar effect.

Okay then, Verne doesn't work as the Second Empire lasted until at least the European War (its fate afterwards has never been revealed AFAIK).

As for Carver, his entry contradicts several posts showing the Confederacy to be a stable great power, and race relations are actually slightly better worldwide.

I'm sorry - was this thread supposed to be for a single TL? In which case, please ignore.

Bruce

I just felt the timeline needed some more fleshing out before we put it to rest. Thus far we still have no entries for South Africa (beyond the war they fought with the US of Africa), Spain, the Andean Nations (hence my Pinochet post), and Australasia. On that note, lets get the ball rolling:

Carlos Irwin Estevez: Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Spain. It is largely a do-nothing position, as all real power is held by the king, Luis Alphonso I de Borbon-Parma. Estevez spends his time getting into scandals involving drugs and women.

Mwalimu Kambarage Nyere: Founding father of the United States of Africa, comprised of Tanganyika, Zanzibar, Rhodesia, Nyasaland, Kenya, and Bechaunaland.

Fujimori Cardinal Ken'ya: The first Asian cardinal deacon,and a very controversial figure amongst Vatican circles.

La Vulpini: Born Susana Shizuko Higuchi, leader of the Andean rebels in the ongoing South American War.

Kosta

Banned
I just felt the timeline needed some more fleshing out before we put it to rest. Thus far we still have no entries for South Africa (beyond the war they fought with the US of Africa), Spain, the Andean Nations (hence my Pinochet post), and Australasia. On that note, lets get the ball rolling:

Carlos Irwin Estevez: Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Spain. It is largely a do-nothing position, as all real power is held by the king, Luis Alphonso I de Borbon-Parma. Estevez spends his time getting into scandals involving drugs and women.

Mwalimu Kambarage Nyere: Founding father of the United States of Africa, comprised of Tanganyika, Zanzibar, Rhodesia, Nyasaland, Kenya, and Bechaunaland.

Fujimori Cardinal Ken'ya: The first Asian cardinal deacon,and a very controversial figure amongst Vatican circles.

La Vulpini: Born Susana Shizuko Higuchi, leader of the Andean rebels in the ongoing South American War.

Yes!!! Thank you for finally deciding what nations the USAfrica is made up of! On the topic of Africa we have...
*Libya, Eritrea, half of Somalia-Greek owned
*Egypt-Combined w/ Syria for some Arab union thingy
*USA in Africa- East Africa
*Ethiopia-Emperordom that annexed the Sudan.
*West Africa-Owned by Austria-Hungary. Fate unknown after AH collapsed and went commy.

I think the British & French still own some nations.

Yes!!! Thank you for finally deciding what nations the USAfrica is made up of! On the topic of Africa we have...
*Libya, Eritrea, half of Somalia-Greek owned
*Egypt-Combined w/ Syria for some Arab union thingy
*USA in Africa- East Africa
*Ethiopia-Emperordom that annexed the Sudan.
*West Africa-Owned by Austria-Hungary. Fate unknown after AH collapsed and went commy.

I think the British & French still own some nations.
Lets see, off the top of my head, here's what I can remember:

Egypt - Unclear, as everything I've seen on this thread about them is contradictory

Libya, Eritrea, Greek Somaliland - Greek

Most of OTL British East and Southern Africa - The US of Africa

Nigeria - independent

Gold Coast - independent

South Africa - Unclear, other than Xhosa and the USAfrica/SAfrica War

Algeria, Tunisia - Roman

Ethiopia - Roman until the World War

Sudan - I'm not sure where that Ethiopia annexed Sudan part came from. I'll need details as that is very important to the Africa portion

West Africa - I've seen, alternatively, French West Africa, Austrian West Africa, and an independent nation simply called "West Africa"

Morocco - Unclear

Central Africa - Unclear, other than Bokassa has a French name, so it can be presumed that French Equitorial Africa still existed. Congo's a much more gray area

Portuguese Africa and Madagascar - Unclear

So it looks like Africa is the region the most in need of fleshing out

Egypt - Unclear, as everything I've seen on this thread about them is contradictory

Libya, Eritrea, Greek Somaliland - Greek

Most of OTL British East and Southern Africa - The US of Africa

Nigeria - independent

Gold Coast - independent

South Africa - Unclear, other than Xhosa and the USAfrica/SAfrica War

Algeria, Tunisia - Roman

Ethiopia - Roman until the World War

Sudan - I'm not sure where that Ethiopia annexed Sudan part came from. I'll need details as that is very important to the Africa portion

West Africa - I've seen, alternatively, French West Africa, Austrian West Africa, and an independent nation simply called "West Africa"

Morocco - Unclear

Central Africa - Unclear, other than Bokassa has a French name, so it can be presumed that French Equitorial Africa still existed. Congo's a much more gray area

Portuguese Africa and Madagascar - Unclear

So it looks like Africa is the region the most in need of fleshing out

If I remeber wasn't Egypt being supported by the British?

Kosta

Banned
If I remeber wasn't Egypt being supported by the British?
Algeria, Tunisia - Roman

When Emperor Norton allowed me to make a revised, Greek-friendly map I reshaped Libya to its pre-WWII shape (missing those two spikes in the south). I combined Ethiopia saying that after Britain left the Sudan, Ethiopia swooped in and took it with Greek help (you can be assured that was Greek friendly. What nation would a staunchly Orthodox country want to neighbor them? Protestant British, freed Muslims, or fellow Orthodox people). No one made any objections and so I thought it could be accepted.Of course with Ethiopia being Roman during WWII, if it's even accepted it'll have to be post-WWII.

Egypt does seen to be a bit...unclear.

When I was more into a greedy-Greece I inquired about a Greek Egypt. I was informed the British would not let that happen. I asked another question about Egypt and was told it was in personal union (or unified, something along those lines) with Syria.

I also though Algeria was French.

Last edited:

Kosta

Banned
I made a page for "The United States of Africa". Coming along quite nicely I'd like to think. I was reading something (from either here or the South Africa-USA War) that independence was in like '48 but something that has to do with independence didn't happen till the '70s.

I made a page for "The United States of Africa". Coming along quite nicely I'd like to think. I was reading something (from either here or the South Africa-USA War) that independence was in like '48 but something that has to do with independence didn't happen till the '70s.

The movement, started in 48, but the war was over some Territory in the 70's.
Kinda like Texas I guess.

While I'm at it....

Kohta Hirano: Major in the IJN.

John Cho: One of Chan Kong sang's Lieutenants. Responsible for the Distribution of 'White Castle' (Cocaine) in Chan's racket.

hm, so far I turned Steven King, Jackie Chan, Rei Hiroe and Daniel Day-lewis into Mobsters.

Kosta

Banned
How much will the USA expand?

I'd also like to propose a counterpart of the USA. I was thinking about the West African states and I thought maybe that the former French territories and the former Austrian ones could become a nation on par with the USA, only a more aggressive one being lead by an overly ambitious and ferocious Mali.

When I thought of how the Spanish, Portuguese, and British colonies might be left out, some could join on their own volition, some be conquered, and for some variety Nigeria join the USA (which could even breed a war between the 2 African States)

How much will the USA expand?

I'd also like to propose a counterpart of the USA. I was thinking about the West African states and I thought maybe that the former French territories and the former Austrian ones could become a nation on par with the USA, only a more aggressive one being lead by an overly ambitious and ferocious Mali.

When I thought of how the Spanish, Portuguese, and British colonies might be left out, some could join on their own volition, some be conquered, and for some variety Nigeria join the USA (which could even breed a war between the 2 African States)

If I remember correctly, there's the USafrica, some kind of West Africa Union and South Africa.

I'll leave africa to you though.

Kosta

Banned
If I remember correctly, there's the USafrica, some kind of West Africa Union and South Africa.

I'll leave africa to you though.

Sorry I just shortened USAfrica to the USA, probably should have specified. If you guys are okay with it, I'd be more than happy to work on Africa.

I would say Finance Minister Gloria Arroyo, who has been the strongman of the Cabinet, and in effect Acting Prime Minister since the late PM Aquino was diagnosed nearly eighteen months ago. She is easily expected to defeat Bongbong Marcos whenever she decides to dissolve Parliament. Polls show LAKAMPI winning another landslide majority.

*Instead of Martial Law, Marcos and the Con-Con created a parliamentary system as GMA is trying IOTL.

Richard M. Nixon: First President and Commissioner of The American Football League (1960-1969), Commissioner, National Football League (1970-1990)

Dr. Hillary Rodham-Limbaugh: American Ecconomist, Author, Dean of Stanford Graduate School of Business (1999-). Wife of...

Sen. Rush Limbaugh (R), California, (1993-): Chairman, Senate Finance Comittee.

George W. Bush: Former Governor of Texas (1995-2003), Comissioner of Major League Baseball (2003-)

Bill "Irish" O'Reilly: HOF professional hockey player, D, (Boston Bruins, 1969-1972, New York Islanders, 1972-1984) 3x Norris Trophy winner, 5x Stanley Cup Champion (w/ NY 1980-1984), Islanders all-time penalty minutes leader (3rd overall, NHL). Best remmembered by hockey fans as part of "The Mean Three" (w/ Clark Gillies and Bobby Nystrom) and for "The Notorious Gretzky Hit" during 1982 Stanley Cup Finals.

H. Norman Shwarzkopf: General, United States Army, Retired, (1956-1988), Commander, USEF Lebanon, 1982-1987, 37th President of the United States, (1989-1997).

Steve "The Woz" Wozniak: President and CEO, Atari Microsystems. "Father Of The Microcomputer". No.1 on Forbes list of Wealthiest Americans, 4th wealthiest man in the world. Designer/Developer: Atari 800 series (800/800XL/800XE) of home computers (w/ Jay Miner and Steve Jobs), Atari ST series (ST/STE/STV) series of personal computers (w/ Jay Miner), Atari Hyperion series (Hyperion 5000/5600/5700), Atari Super System, STX and Matrix series game/home entertainment consoles. AMPX (Atari Media Player X) series personal digital media player, AMP digital media format (w/ Steve Jobs).

Pope Gregory XVII: (1878-1959) Given name Iosef Besarionis dze Jughashvili. Papacy March 2, 1939 to June 9, 1959. Best remembered for his Papal Decree of 1939, condemning the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany and facist countries and unofficial "house arrest" by Italian Facist leaders during World War 2, began "Initiative for Catholic Reform" in 1947, presiding over Second Vatican Council (1947-1948) and Third Vatican Council (1953-1954) and the sweeping reforms that emerged from these conferences. Planned Fourth Vatican Council postponed upon his death, three days before it was to convene.

Status
Not open for further replies.