Fall of Constantinople 718

The whole peninsula, including the slavs settling there, if they smell blood in the water they would try something too
I think at this point the Slavs are well established in the Balkans for them to pack their things up and move to Italy, (fighting the Lombards on the way since north of Ravenna the only things the Romans had at this point was proto-Venice and a tiny sliver of Istria). They might threaten Dalmatia (what is left of it) or Thessalonika, I acknowledge that. But I doubt Italy would really care about Thessalonika at this point. On the other hand I could see someone in Italy trying to pull what Justinian II did in in Anatolia and call some Slavs to fight for the rump empire in exchange for permanent settlement in Italy. That would be one way to achieve some form of slavic settlement in the peninsula.

I think at this point the Slavs are well established in the Balkans for them to pack their things up and move to Italy, (fighting the Lombards on the way since north of Ravenna the only things the Romans had at this point was proto-Venice and a tiny sliver of Istria). They might threaten Dalmatia (what is left of it) or Thessalonika, I acknowledge that. But I doubt Italy would really care about Thessalonika at this point. On the other hand I could see someone in Italy trying to pull what Justinian II did in in Anatolia and call some Slavs to fight for the rump empire in exchange for permanent settlement in Italy. That would be one way to achieve some form of slavic settlement in the peninsula.
I thought slavs were there already, i was thinking a much later timeframe, they will try to jump into Dalmatia but seems would not a be a major threat them

I mean, given that the Griko are being culturally genocided by Italian nationalism and schooling a timeline where a Greek/Roman state maintains a solid hold in southern Italy would be really fun.

And far less depressing than real life. Kinda like timelines where the Comanche don't get assfucked by the US.
Would u be willing to tell me what you think would happen to the Comanche (or other indigenous people of Texas & new mexico) in a timeline I'm working on?