F-117s for the RAF?

The Global Security article lists the RCS of a bird, and a man. Apparently, a hummingbird has the same RCS as a Condor. The RCS rating, from many aspects, is a highly cherished military secret, knowledge of which can get you shot. Sales agents of weapons manufacturers may release interesting "data" to prospective customers and the media to entice purchasers of the merits of their products, but the proof is in the pudding, and Bill Cosby worked for Jello. I recently learned that Mata Hari was declared unfairly tried of spying for the Germans in 1917, and that she spied for the French, who nevertheless needed a scapegoat for French incompetence and shot her dead. Please don't fuck around with military secrets, and if anyone asks you, tell them you don't know nuthin'. It's actually true.

Is that carrying internal weapons only or a realistic external load?
Is the T-50 even in service yet?
How often do you think any of the aircraft involved ever actually achieve the touted RCS and how much difference do you think alternative detection methods, experienced radar operators ('I've just seen a bird doing Mach 2 over our coast', 'I don't think that was a bird mate...'), unit tactics etc make?
I mean, the Serbs managed to shoot an F-117 down with a 35 year old missile system after allegedly detecting it between 50 and 60km out by putting a little bit of thought into what they were doing and taking advantage of some poor NATO choices...

The 4+4 AAMs is an initial load for the F-22, the T-50 looks to be carrying 4+2 AAMs. The current status of T-50 (prototype stage) does not have bearing with Typhoon not being a low-observable A/C.
The Iraqis did not shoot a single F-117, while managing 75 other assorted A/C. Looks like a worthwhile investment.

What about the dates of the things?

T50 - First flight 29 January 2010
F22 - First flight 7 September 1997

Typhoon First flight 27 March 1994 but EAP 6 August 1986
Rafale First flight 4 July 1986

F18 First flight 18 November 1978
F15 First flight 27 July 1972

I think we are talking about 3 distinct generations with the Euro canards (and T50) being slow to introduce due to end of the CW?

The latest sentence about covers it - Eurocanards have had a very unfortunate timing, and it would've cost too much to simply shelve all the worj and go with a low-observable A/C.

Riain

Banned
The Global Security article lists the RCS of a bird, and a man. Apparently, a hummingbird has the same RCS as a Condor. The RCS rating, from many aspects, is a highly cherished military secret, knowledge of which can get you shot. Sales agents of weapons manufacturers may release interesting "data" to prospective customers and the media to entice purchasers of the merits of their products, but the proof is in the pudding, and Bill Cosby worked for Jello. I recently learned that Mata Hari was declared unfairly tried of spying for the Germans in 1917, and that she spied for the French, who nevertheless needed a scapegoat for French incompetence and shot her dead. Please don't fuck around with military secrets, and if anyone asks you, tell them you don't know nuthin'. It's actually true.

My guess would be that stealth technology can only be acquired by FMS in strict government to government agreement, there are no sales brochures.