Explain the AH Quote

From 2013 story Avengers: The Death of Doom. In the storyline the major crossover event is kicked off with the assassination of Doctor Doom by a rogue element of SHIELD. As civil war breaks out in Latveria between those loyal to Doom’s ideals, pro-democracy protestors, various other supervillains trying to seize Latveria for their own ends, and a peacekeeping mission led by Captain America, a worn out, traumatized Hawkeye says this to Tony Stark after an attack by Ultron leaves a city in complete ruins. The story would end with a truce between the Doom loyalists and pro-democracy factions, allowing for the fallen nation to recover. The fallout would be huge in the Marvel universe, however. Numerous superweapons from Doom’s labs had been stolen by various supervillains and factions, and even the return of Doctor Doom in 2016 would only result in SHIELD being further discredited in the eyes of the world, leading to Avengers: Breaking Point, in 2018.

“So word on the street is that you’ve got a handyman that’s a Zombie?”
“Well, to be honest, he breaks more things than he fixes, but he’s still got most of his face so I trust him.”
A small exchange between a local businessman and his friend about someone new he hired. In a fantasy world where zombies and other fictional creatures exist and live alongside humanity while face much discrimination, this businessman decided to hire a zombie just to see what would happen. The entire comic would cover the misadventures and mishaps the zombie would get into while at the same time managing to help increase revenue leading the businessman to hire other mythical creatures and soon creating an entire enterprise

"To all servicemen and servicewomen, news has reached headquarters that America has fallen to the forces of the Hierarchy. Alien boots now parade over Washington D.C and New York City. I can not offer hope for success but I will say this as we in Asia are the last bastions of resistance, let us stand together and fight one last time to prove that humanity will not meekly submit to the boot of others, that the dream of freedom will still burn bright and one day we shall triumph. "

"To all servicemen and servicewomen, news has reached headquarters that America has fallen to the forces of the Hierarchy. Alien boots now parade over Washington D.C and New York City. I can not offer hope for success but I will say this as we in Asia are the last bastions of resistance, let us stand together and fight one last time to prove that humanity will not meekly submit to the boot of others, that the dream of freedom will still burn bright and one day we shall triumph. "
A Chinese adaptatation of The Mist by Stephen King in which the people trapped inside a Chinese restaurant fight together to combat the monsters shrouded in a dense mist. The hierarchy, which doesn't exist in King's novel, is a military organization composed of renegade aliens; one of the aliens makes this speech after discovering her pregnancy. Ultimately the ending is left ambiguous.

"Baby that's the last thing that I wanna do"

"Baby that's the last thing that I wanna do"
Last words of famed musician Charles "Chuck" Manson before being gunned down by a crazed fan in at a fan signing after a concert in San Francisco. The fan, a son of Polish immigrants named Roman Polanski, had publicly asked Manson if he wanted to come back to his place and quote "smoke up." Manson declined, and was shot dead by the furious Polanski, who managed to elude justice for 3 days before being caught at the Mexican border.

Manson was a contemporary of the Beach Boys and penpals with John Lennon, and a famous purveyor of the "cali rock" genre with his band, the Death Valley Drivers.

"Nanjing is gone... my god... if you're just now joining us, the top story: reports are rolling in of a new Japanese superweapon with unheard of power, we'll bring you the news as we get it."

"Nanjing is gone... my god... if you're just now joining us, the top story: reports are rolling in of a new Japanese superweapon with unheard of power, we'll bring you the news as we get it."
From the superhero film The Green Turtle (1994), directed by John Woo. The Green Turtle hears about the activation of the Fourth Reaper, an occult superweapon created by Doctor Oboro and the Imperial Japanese Army, that destroyed the city of Nanjing and its denizens from a reporter. This spurs him to head to China and thwart further deployments of said superweapon by Doctor Oboro.

"You seek the power of destruction, but as a human, you can never obtain an Emotion. Your soul is full, yet your body simmers with weakness. After me, I see the avatar of torment - the one accountable for the birth of the world. Betold, human! May you be blessed forever!" -- Saki Kagami, The New Shadow.

"You seek the power of destruction, but as a human, you can never obtain an Emotion. Your soul is full, yet your body simmers with weakness. After me, I see the avatar of torment - the one accountable for the birth of the world. Betold, human! May you be blessed forever!" -- Saki Kagami, The New Shadow.
Saki Kagami was an Imperial Japanese military officer and ideologue during the Second World War. Despite having never been a Shinto or a Buddhist cleric in any capacity, he was fascinated by nationalist mysticism and esotericism, and became a sort of cult leader in his own right. After Japan's surrender during the Second World War, he had a sort of crisis of faith. He lost faith in the divinity of the Emperor and the Japanese Empire, and taking Douglass MacArthur and the American occupying government as the new objects of his reverence. MacArthur was very flattered by this, and encouraged Kagami to preach about how he was the avatar of the war-god Hachiman; how the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were kamikaze (in the sense of "divine winds," like the storms which destroyed the Mongol fleets); and that America's government and especially military were divine. The New Shadow is often seen as the scripture of Kagami's new America-worshipping bushido cult, addressed to the Japanese fascists who still revered the defeated Emperor. Needless to say, it didn't gain much traction, but many Japanese officers and war-criminals embraced Kagami's philo-Americanist cult to escape prosecution and gain the favour of the new government headed by MacArthur. As a result, it endures in a few elite circles in Japanese society, though it is largely scoffed at by the masses (including the enlisted ranks of the military), and especially by Japan's Shinto and Buddhist clergies.

"I only show respect to those who deserve it, those that are strong and able to withstand my fearsome temper and do as I say. I hold in contempt vain, self-indulgent men whose brains hold thought like a leaky sieve. I am both unimpressed and unintimidated by you, and should you disrespect me again, I'll feed you to the wolves -- or worse, the Turks."

Deleted member 107190

"I only show respect to those who deserve it, those that are strong and able to withstand my fearsome temper and do as I say. I hold in contempt vain, self-indulgent men whose brains hold thought like a leaky sieve. I am both unimpressed and unintimidated by you, and should you disrespect me again, I'll feed you to the wolves -- or worse, the Turks."
Remarks of Hormizd Khan, Khagan of the Nokhor Khanate, upon being presented with the dethroned Byzantine Emperor Basilianus III in 1544. Khan would go on to sack Neo-Constantinople, the reconstructed Byzantine capital, and finally bring an end to the Roman Empire. His campaign of conquest was only stopped at the Battle of Belgrade two years later where he was obliged to withdraw from the Balkans due to the combined efforts of the Holy Roman Empire and the Polish-Lithuanian Combine.

“You are tools, tools for my vengeance, but a man should took care of his tools, not break them and discard them. Follow me and you shall be treated well. That is all I promise you.”
- Bao the Wyld, Sermon at the River of Souls

Basil Angelos was a far right politician active in the 20th century Byzantine Empire. Noted for his verbose manner of speaking(Which some said was due to his poor education as a young man) and extremely high some say narcissistic opinion of himself. Angelos a fierce anti democrat, and only ran for the Imperial Senate when it became clear that a return to the old order was impossible. As a Senator Angelos would pick up a reputation for picking fights with his fellow senators over extremely trivial issues, with the above quote coming from a argument with fellow Senator Constantine Venezelios over the price of bread in Thessaloniki and was widely mocked in the press at the time. Angelos eventually retired from politics but his political ideology centred around Greek Chauvinism, Anti Islamism(Angelos hatred of Turks was legendary with him often comparing them to dogs and rats in his speeches) and Hawkish foreign policy would prove extremely influential to the thinking of other more charismatic and competent demagogues like his protege Alexios Papadopoulos whose infamous Golden Phoenix movement would cast the Byzantine Empire into the infamous years of lead.
"Nuclear Weapons, are the only way for mankind to live in peace"
-Mohandas Gandhi, 1954

“You are tools, tools for my vengeance, but a man should took care of his tools, not break them and discard them. Follow me and you shall be treated well. That is all I promise you.”
- Bao the Wyld, Sermon at the River of Souls

"Bao the Wyld" is the Norse name for Bartholomew of Leicester, an Anglo-Saxon who had been made a thrall to a Viking lord in Northumbria. Bartholomew had been a reasonably well-off peasant before he was enslaved -- as a blacksmith, he enjoyed the privileges of an educated tradesman, and was strong and reasonably familiar with weaponry. But when Leicester was attacked, he and his family were taken as slaves. His sons were sacrificed to weird pagan gods; his wife, made a concubine to his captor; his daughter, taken across the sea to the slave-markets of Andalusia. Bao led an uprising of Anglo-Saxon thralls, adopting hit-and-run guerilla tactics he had learnt from observing Viking raiders. Eventually, he was able to seize the town of Hexham along Hadrian's Wall, and fortify it as a haven for escaped thralls.
Of course, Bao knew that he was outnumbered and surrounded by Norsemen, so he didn't rest on his laurels. When the Norse King of Northumbria died in 866, he knew the king's sons would all compete for the throne. So, he approached Ulfsten Tokesson -- the youngest Norse prince -- for an alliance at the "River of Souls" (River Tweed). When Ulfsten asked why he should trust this bane-of-Norsemen wylder ("wildman") who spent his whole life raiding Norse countryside, Bao told him frankly that he does not care about Ulfsten, but that his brothers have wronged him more greatly, and that he sees Ulfsten as a Dane he can work with. Ulfsten appreciated his candour, and the two defeated his eldest brother at the Battle of Carlisle in 870. Once Ulfsten was king, he made a habit of sending a ceremonial "gift" of thralls to his friend Bao, who would ceremonially free them. Hexham would become a Christian peasants' republic, and eventually Ulfsten would embrace Christianity.

"I offer you the Elixir of Life -- but beware, it is a poisoned chalice; a bitter wine."

Last edited:
"Nuclear Weapons, are the only way for mankind to live in peace"
-Mohandas Gandhi, 1954
A gaffe made by Lord Mohandas Gandhi, member of the Bharatian House of Peers during a speech in Parliament denouncing the Soviet-American nuclear confrontation in Korea. Though Gandhi immediately corrected his sentence afterwards, most consider this embarrassing gaffe to be a sign of Gandhi’s senility, given his lifelong reputation as a pacifist.

"I offer you the Elixir of Life -- but beware, it is a poisoned chalice; a bitter wine."
Quote attributed to Emperor Xiang Yu of Chu’s personal physician, as he claimed to have acquired a magical potion of healing from immortals living on Mount Tai. Being critically ill, Xiang Yu ignored his physician’s warning and drank a goblet full of the so-called Elixir of Life. Miraculously, the Emperor fully recovered from his ailment after just two days.

“Tyranny reigns over America, the Kaiser’s boots are trampling Europe, and Russia has fallen to Red anarchy. Only the unsinkable fortress of Britain is left standing.”

Last edited:
“Tyranny reigns over America, the Kaiser’s boots are trampling Europe, and Russia has fallen to Red anarchy. Only the unsinkable fortress of Britain is left standing.”
The opening lines in the intro of The Lions of the Sea, a Hearts of Iron V mod. The game is story-driven mod where the player takes control of the British government struggling to fight against a Imperial German invasion of Britain, codenamed Sealion, as well juggling with unfriendly relations with a chaotic America and Stalinist Russia.

The game starts in 1939, where the Great Depression has reached its breaking point. The German Kaiser and his generals are planning to start another World War by invading Britain to recoup large amounts of plunder needed to pay all the debts caused by Hjalmar Schacht's ill-conceived economic recovery plans. Meanwhile, Joseph Stalin invades Eastern Europe in preparation for a war with the German Empire to spread the world revolution and communism. In the United States of America, it is embroiled in a second civil war following the ascension of Huey Long as the President, with multiple factions fighting over the White House.

The mod received praise from fans and critics alike for its dark story and high difficulty. The mod won first place in the modding competition sponsored by Paradox Interactive.

"Megatech Software was a peculiar video game company in the early 2000s. The company licensed anime games, namely visual novels and role-playing games, from Japan for translation, which competed with JAST USA and Hirameki International. Despite criticisms of salacious, lurid contents of the games, namely exploitative depictions of female characters, it sold well until it declared bankruptcy in 2010. A sample of its famous games include It Came from the Depths (FlyingShine, 2004), Synchro (Sheep, 2002), I Really, Really Love You (13cm, 2001), Moon (Tactics, 2001), and The Terror of the Drillman (Tetratech, 2003)."

"Megatech Software was a peculiar video game company in the early 2000s. The company licensed anime games, namely visual novels and role-playing games, from Japan for translation, which competed with JAST USA and Hirameki International. Despite criticisms of salacious, lurid contents of the games, namely exploitative depictions of female characters, it sold well until it declared bankruptcy in 2010. A sample of its famous games include It Came from the Depths (FlyingShine, 2004), Synchro (Sheep, 2002), I Really, Really Love You (13cm, 2001), Moon (Tactics, 2001), and The Terror of the Drillman (Tetratech, 2003)."
Said by Akira Takeuchi, head of Megatech Software in 2013, which became the infamous anime video game company in the early 2000's, which bankrupted on June 2010, after the infamous Terror of the Drillman III flopped and killed the company.

"After that infamous Black Friday reel, we had to let Tom Hanks go from Toy Story, much to his frustration. Then Andrew suggested we'd replace Hanks with Dan Aykroyd in the role of Sheriff Woody, as the pull-string cowboy doll is reworked to more of a likeable character. Aykroyd's performance was excellent in Toy Story in the role of Woody. And Toy Story instantly became a box office smash hit of 1995, which spawned two sequels and a much better Buzz Lightyear spinoff television show, and the rest is history."

"After that infamous Black Friday reel, we had to let Tom Hanks go from Toy Story, much to his frustration. Then Andrew suggested we'd replace Hanks with Dan Aykroyd in the role of Sheriff Woody, as the pull-string cowboy doll is reworked to more of a likeable character. Aykroyd's performance was excellent in Toy Story in the role of Woody. And Toy Story instantly became a box office smash hit of 1995, which spawned two sequels and a much better Buzz Lightyear spinoff television show, and the rest is history."
From the book The Pixar Touch: The Making of a Company. Hanks said later that he regretted his performance and should have given a better performance. But, considering the financial and critical success of his next two films, Apollo 13 and Gump and Co., he didn't have too much to complain about.

"What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?"

"What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?"

Elvira Queen of Demons, from the XXIX Halloween special "Hell on Springfield". A desire for more riches leads Montgomery Burns to find an ancient book that, after being read, unleashes the forces of Hell on Springfield. A little darker than the average Simpson episode, this Halloween special has TV personality Elvira voicing her namesake, and Jack Nicholson as Satan, Elvira's husband and former ruler of Hell who later forms an alliance with the Simpson family in order to defeat Elvira.

"I don't get it. It's just a dusty old book."

"Dude, this is the last thing ever published by Marvel Comics! Do you have any idea how much it's worth?!"

"I don't get it. It's just a dusty old book."

"Dude, this is the last thing ever published by Marvel Comics! Do you have any idea how much it's worth?!"
Viral movie scene on Twitter in which two teenage lovers who had been comic geeks before being frozen in pods wake up to a post-apocalyptic world. (The "dusty old book" was not, in fact, the last book published by Marvel. It was a fake. The true one was the plot Macguffin needed to return them to the world before the apocalypse started.)

"The anti-hero riding Harleys in Hawaii."

"The anti-hero riding Harleys in Hawaii."
A line from a Harley-Davidson commercial. "Ride On" was an advertisement campaign by the Harley-Davidson company to promote its new line of cheap, affordable motorcycles. The commercials depicting cool men driving Harley-Davidson motorcycles in photogenic places like Hawaii, Nebraska and Alaska. It costed only 40 million dollars in commissioning the commercials.

"The Castigo was a lengthy terror bombing campaign by the Stalinists against Fascist Italy lasting between 1942-1943. The Soviet Air Force launched bombing runs from occupied Yugoslavia to destroy major industrial centers that supplied the Italian war effort in the Near East and France. The main purpose was to debilitate the Italians, so the Stalinists would invade Italy from the north while Turkey would invade from the South."

"The Castigo was a lengthy terror bombing campaign by the Stalinists against Fascist Italy lasting between 1942-1943. The Soviet Air Force launched bombing runs from occupied Yugoslavia to destroy major industrial centers that supplied the Italian war effort in the Near East and France. The main purpose was to debilitate the Italians, so the Stalinists would invade Italy from the north while Turkey would invade from the South."
A description of the Castigo campaign, known also by its Soviet name of Operation Raskatistyy Grom, in the American historical book "The Clash Upon Europa," written by notable anticommunist journalist George S. Patton.

The Castigo took place against the backdrop of the Great Anti-Fascist War, also known as the Second Great War among other epithets, a conflict waged between the Soviet Union, the Communes of France, and the Turkish People's Union against the fascist alliance of Kingdom of Italy, the Kingdom of Romania, and the Kingdom of Yugoslavia. The inciting incident was the July Revolution of 1941 in Yugoslavia, an uprising of left wing partisans against the ailing Kingdom. Italy and Romania both intervened to crush the uprising, and the Soviets saw a chance to secure the Balkans in one fell swoop. A border incident with Romania was all that was required, and the Soviets smashed the tenacious but underequipped Romanian forces in the opening months, linking up with Yugoslavian partisans on the border even as Romanian forces rallied in Transylvania. Turkish intervention further stacked the favor of the Soviets though they would not be heavily involved in the opening months of the war.

Italy would prove to be a tougher nut to crack, especially as the French Civil War had not ended yet and Italy continued to back French Counterrevolutionary forces as well as foil Turkish/Soviet plans in the near east. The Regina Marina would do battle on several occasions with the combined Internationale Naval Forces, though neither side would give a decisive battle. Italy would fortify the territory they managed to secure in Slovenia against Soviet incursions, and the Soviets themselves would not be eager to press the meatgrinder. Instead, a new tactic was taken, with the Castigo being the principle strategy.

The Air Battle above Italy would be one of the largest in the history of aerial conflict, with dogfight after dogfight grinding down the skilled Italian airforce, just in time for constant, rolling bombing campaigns to devastate much of the Italian peninsula. The Northern portions of the country would be somewhat spared, but this only heightened tensions in the Fascist state.

As the French Commune pressed southward from its Parisian heartland and won victory after victory, the Italians began to fold and crack. A call by the Pope to seek negotiated surrender with the Soviets was met with a firing squad led by an overzealous Fascist police captain, and the peninsula exploded into revolt. The Soviets pressed their advantage in the north, the Internationale navies smashed the RA in a series of engagements in the south, and Italy fell into the folds of the Internationale as The People's Republic of Italy.

"It is about time, your obnoxious majesty, that you had a real honest conversation with one of your subjects, because you're definitely not getting it here in your palaces from the inhuman toadies you call your government."

"It is about time, your obnoxious majesty, that you had a real honest conversation with one of your subjects, because you're definitely not getting it here in your palaces from the inhuman toadies you call your government."
Dialogue from a deleted scene of South Park where Kyle says this at the coronation of Charles III while simultaneously punching a reptilian-looking Queen Camilla in the face. During the anointment with holy oil, both king and queen explode with black smoke shortly before this line was said. As "inhuman toadies" is pronounced, the lords present at the ceremony shift into cartoonish-looking toads.

"I remember it all too well."

"I remember it all too well."

French emperor Napoleon V when asked about his defeat at Turin against the Italian army. Despite the numerical advantage, the French lost the battle and were forced to retreat into their country. This was one of the emperor's greatest personal shames, and even on his deathbed he would remember it.

"I am inevitable."

"And I...am...Donald Duck."

"I am inevitable."

"And I...am...Donald Duck."
Quotes from the ending showdown between Mortimer Mouse and Donald Duck in the quest to save Mickey and Minnie Mouse in Donalds Big Rescue released in 1998.

"How many times are you gonna escape? Ive captured you at least 12 times."

"I think it will be at least 13 by the time this is over."

"How many times are you gonna escape? I've captured you at least 12 times."

"I think it will be at least 13 by the time this is over."
An exchange from the Russo-American war film The Jackdaw. The film is based off the memoirs of Jack Dawes, who did a total of 17 escape attempts from POW camps in Russia during World War 2. Those escape attempts gave him the nickname 'the Jackdaw' by the Stalinists along with 'Houdini' by the Fascist Italian POWs. He was the only survivor of the Starobilsk POW uprising in which the events was depicted in the film as the climax. He was captured by the Stalinists following a bombing run on Leningrad during the invasion of Russia by the Allies.

"The Turkish occupation of Sicily in World War II involved the heavy use of labor battalions drafted from the native Sicilian populace. The labor battalions were press-ganged into working on military engineering projects such as the construction of submarine pens for the Soviet and Turkish Navies. The mortality rate for the labor battalions were high as a result of unsafe working conditions and frequent mistreatment. Experts estimate that only 700 of the 55,000 Sicilians in the labor battalions survived after Allied liberation of Sicily."