Explain the AH Quote

"The great Dr. Adolf Hitler was one of MLK's earliest and most important associates in Atlanta at the time."

Long live King George II, of the House of Washington! - Prime Minister Thomas Jefferson, 1801
The prime minister after the election of the son of George Washington after the brief and unfortunate reign of the elected King John of House Adams. The son of King George the Magnificent won the election easily with the support of all the states.

“You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you! Damn you all to Tartarus!”

Pericles after the Spartan soldiers blew up temples in Ancient Greece.

" I don't want to be defined by the things I hate. I want to be defined by the things I love."
Mahatma Gandhi describing how he would rather be known for peace than for his anti-british politics

"My morals are whatever helps the american people. That usually coincides with leftwing populism. That is not the case today, as we move against Saudi Arabia."

"My morals are whatever helps the american people. That usually coincides with leftwing populism. That is not the case today, as we move against Saudi Arabia."
President Osama bin Awed (from a timeline where a 16th Amendment was passed allowing those born overseas to become President) discussing the US siding with the zoroastrian side of the Saudi Civil War.

"Yeah I might be crazy and insane, but I sure as hell ain't stupid like you."

President Osama bin Awed (from a timeline where a 16th Amendment was passed allowing those born overseas to become President) discussing the US siding with the zoroastrian side of the Saudi Civil War.

"Yeah I might be crazy and insane, but I sure as hell ain't stupid like you."
The famed mercenary "The Wild Hunt" talking to Mr. West in the film "The Story of Us: An American Tragedy" concerning the latter's questionable (according to the Hunt) political moves.

America the Beautiful? More like America the Basket Case.

America the Beautiful? More like America the Basket Case.
President Richard Nixon in 1963, referring both to the racial unrest plaguing the southern states of the US and the ongoing protests against the american intervention in Cuba.

"So after months of investigations it turns out this guy really isn't a soviet spy. Apparently Molotov simply wants to have a pen pal to discuss about chess and women."

"The great Dr. Adolf Hitler was one of MLK's earliest and most important associates in Atlanta at the time."
A universe where Hitler's parents immigrated to the USA... without exposure to other extremists Adolf Hitler never became dangerous and instead decided to turn his life around by associating with MLK in Atlanta.

Imperialist Mexico? Sounds like a bad idea, and in fact, it was.

A universe where Hitler's parents immigrated to the USA... without exposure to other extremists Adolf Hitler never became dangerous and instead decided to turn his life around by associating with MLK in Atlanta.

Imperialist Mexico? Sounds like a bad idea, and in fact, it was.
James K Polk joking about how easily the us beat mexico in the war, a few years after the presidency

"What on earth were you thinking denying the civilians food!? We're fighting this war to prevent Britain and her Empire from falling to the nazis, and you just proved you're no better. Call the Canadians and Americans, explain to them that you made a mistake and would indeed like to prevent millions from starving, and then fill out your resignation form! A Bengali Muslim is as british as an Anglo-Saxon Protestant in london who survived the Blitz."

"What on earth were you thinking denying the civilians food!? We're fighting this war to prevent Britain and her Empire from falling to the nazis, and you just proved you're no better. Call the Canadians and Americans, explain to them that you made a mistake and would indeed like to prevent millions from starving, and then fill out your resignation form! A Bengali Muslim is as british as an Anglo-Saxon Protestant in london who survived the Blitz."
Pierre Laval, a noted anglophile, being admonished for his policies over France's Myanmar colony (which goes to the Brahmaputra river ITTL). Britain was one of the Indian states' biggest supporters, and during the Second Colonial War, came to blows with France over it even as they were invaded by Nazi Germany.

"This was not us english's doing! This wasn't depraved enough to be done by us!"

Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacré mercenaire

Translation : A toast to Death, a toast to War, a toast to our blessed Guns-for-hire
French soldiers being relieved by the mercenary company of the Wild Hunt in battles in Pakistan.

That's fascinating. The end of the Republic in the United States didn't go out in some epic final battle between the forces for and against democracy. It just went out in a whimper.

French soldiers being relieved by the mercenary company of the Wild Hunt in battles in Pakistan.

That's fascinating. The end of the Republic in the United States didn't go out in some epic final battle between the forces for and against democracy. It just went out in a whimper.
The civil war went on for far longer, and the senate was sidelined as it was largely their constituents (southern, less populated states) in revolt. The House eventually became a rubber stamp over whatever the President wanted (in fairness, the longer civil war dampened a lot of partisanship and even as that generation lost power partisanship seemed wrong). Eventually, when Theodore Roosevelt stepped down after his third term overseeing the great war, his son was elected in his place. This quote was in a quite little newspaper reporting it from florida

"Honor is doing what is proper. Justice is doing what is right. If ever you must do something cruel to one man to save ten, those ten people are more vital than your dignity. So tell me son, why you feel it right to let that man go?"

"So after months of investigations it turns out this guy really isn't a soviet spy. Apparently Molotov simply wants to have a pen pal to discuss about chess and women."
Molotov was considered a Soviet chess grand master, but he was also accused of being a Soviet spy due to his many tours of the US and UK being prime spy material. He was investigated, but cleared of all charges, prompting the above quote.

"American glory faded before me... I saw the scoreboard and ran for my life."

"American glory faded before me... I saw the scoreboard and ran for my life."

Baseball player Bobby Thomson speaking in a national broadcast in Moscow, in his first appearance after defecting to the Soviet Union in 1952. Disillusioned by poverty in America in the years after the Second World War, Thomson became active in underground communist circles and as anti-communist activity grew under McCarthyism, Thomson decided to defect to the East, despite being at the peak of his popularity after the New York Giants' victory in 1951. Greeted by Stalin, Thomson spoke of America's repression of the poor and it's impending collapse under capitalism. For the USSR winning such a high-profile American celebrity was a major coup, one they wished to display to maximum effect, and Thomson would be instrumental in establishing and growing Baseball in the Soviet Union, with the Soviet Supreme Baseball League established the following year in 1953. Thomson would win the first 5 consecutive SSBL titles with BC-CSKA Moscow, and would later play in Polish and Romanian Baseball Leagues.

"You can never take Savoy out of the Savoyard"

Last edited:
Baseball player Bobby Thomson speaking in a national broadcast in Moscow, in his first appearance after defecting to the Soviet Union in 1952. Disillusioned by poverty in America in the years after the Second World War, Thomson became active in underground communist circles and as anti-communist activity grew under McCarthyism, Thomson decided to defect to the East, despite being at the peak of his popularity after the New York Giants' victory in 1951. Greeted by Stalin, Thomson spoke of America's repression of the poor and it's impending collapse under capitalism. For the USSR winning such a high-profile American celebrity was a major coup, one they wished to display to maximum effect, and Thomson would be instrumental in establishing and growing Baseball in the Soviet Union, with the Soviet Supreme Baseball League established the following year in 1953. Thomson would win the first 5 consecutive SSBL titles with BC-CSKA Moscow, and would later play in Polish and Romanian Baseball Leagues.

"You can never take Savoy out of the Savoyard"
The attempted badass boast (and last words) of Duke Charles of Savoyard. He, along with most of the Frankish nobility, was overthrown and killed in a peasant rebellion in 1002, leading to the first charter of rights in the world, as well as the first elected leaders since Ancient Greece.

"Say what you will about it, I don't care. But in the end, I think every man who was there would agree that it was them who did the saving, not us."

"Say what you will about it, I don't care. But in the end, I think every man who was there would agree that it was them who did the saving, not us."
Soldier, naturalist, and writer Francis S. Key discussing the Mass Sinking of Dama, where Jemni people carried out a massive rescue operation after an entire American fleet was shipwrecked by a storm in 1824. The US paid for their generosity with the great trade pact the Dama Agreement with the kingdom confederations of the area that greatly benefited both sides. Many former slaves were even brought back to Africa here (albeit not always on their own accord), where they settled down, helping to turn the port into one of 19th and 20th century Africa's greatest cities. Unfortunately, it couldn't last, as it did wreck relationships with Spain and Britain, who wanted the area first, and alienated the allied France, another one of the colonialists who wanted the same. President Leigh Colston eventually ended the pact.

"Oh, buy some frozen chunk of ice and dirt at the tip of South America's penis for a million dollars in exchange for the Rio Grande. Real fucking good deal we got! Real fucking good deal!"

Last edited:
"Oh, buy some frozen chunk of ice and dirt at the tip of South America's penis for a million dollars in exchange for the Rio Grande. Real fucking good deal we got! Real fucking good deal!"
James K. Polk sarcastically replies to the Spanish Empire's offer of Patagonia in exchange for not taking any part of New Spain.

"On my own, I may be Napoleon. On his own, Hitler may be Bismark. But together, we are Charlemange!"
- Emperor Pierre Laval

"On my own, I may be Napoleon. On his own, Hitler may be Bismark. But together, we are Charlemange!"
- Emperor Pierre Laval
Pierre Laval, Emperor of France, on his relationship with the German Grand Emperor. Laval quickly rose to power within the Vichy France regime, eventually becoming the leader of the Nazi-occupied country; when Hitler established the Holy German Empire, he made Laval one of the Emperors under him, along with Benito Mussolini of Italy, Heinrich Himmler of Britain, and Josef Stalin of Russia. Under Laval, France would become one of the staunchest supporters of the Holy Empire, spreading Hitler’s influence to North Africa and the Mediterranean.

”I do not want to live in a city where the Committee to Unelect the Cow is a thing!”

”I do not want to live in a city where the Committee to Unelect the Cow is a thing!”
- Maximilien Robespierre, ardent monarchist and good friend of the later Louis XVII. When the French Revolution broke out in 1789, things had spiraled out of control rapidly with the revolutionary groups splintering into warring sub factions. Robespierre, originally a revolutionary, realized that France was left vulnerable to outside attack from Austria, Prussia, and practically the rest of Europe and was disgusted at the absurdity of the National Convention, most particularly the notorious "Committee to Unelect the Cow", begun by the extreme Agricultural parties. Together with a small band of counter-revolutionaries, Robespierre and another well-known figurehead Georges Danton rescued the imprisoned Louis XVI and his wife Marie Antoinette and created a constitutional monarchy after putting down a brief uprising in France. Though the rest of his life would be spent rehabilitating the image of the monarchy, Robespierre and Danton are considered the founding fathers of modern day France.

"Save me the Poles, burn the rest!"
- Field Marshal Conrad von Hotzendorf

"Save me the Poles, burn the rest!"
- Field Marshal Conrad von Hotzendorf
Field Marshal Conrad, acting as De Facto ruler of Austria-Hungary when crushing a revolt in the northern balkans. His brutal actions would be condemned by the international community, however despite his actions after the war he would live out most of his life in vienna before being assaninated by the agents of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia.

"Nothing can go wrong unless the Canadians invade...that call is telling that they're invading isnt it?"