Explain the AH Quote

Blurb from the back of a DVD copy of “The Astronauts Dame”; a crime film made in 1974 starring Harrison Ford as detective John Mack. The film details Mack’s attempts to find out WHY astronaut Gordo Stevens killed his alleged friend and comrade Neil Armstrong. The movie is considered the one that made Ford hot in Hollywood, leading to juicier roles such as in 1978’s Flash Gordon, made and directed by George Lucas. The movie is also considered the firet example of an Alternate History film, as the actual Apollo 11 landing had no murders, though Gordo Stevens did admit to having PTSD as a result of the troubled reentry.

“The AIDS virus is not God’s punishment on homosexuals or women of ill repute! It is a disease that doesn’t care who you love or what you do, it will kill you just as much if you’re a good American Christian! That’s why I am announcing a government initiative to study this plague; treat it, and eventually cure it! So help me God!”—President Ronald Reagan.
Ronald reagan during a televised speach announcing the start for a cure of AIDS, this came as a shock since most americans at that time wouldnt expect reagan of all people would start the creation for a cure for AIDS.

The research took quite some time to finish partly due to funding and partly due to a lot of conservative (in both party not just republican) tried to stall the development as they believe AIDS is a punisment from god and for a while they managed to succeed in stalling it (its worth mentioning that the research took a slow down during the gulf war as many fundung and resources are being diverted to the war effort and also during the post soviet union breakup civil wars) but in the end they finally managed to find a cure for aids at the turn of the century.

"The Nara Syndicate or more commonly known as The Syndicate is a criminal organisation which traced its roots with the italian mafia presence in the territory of okinawa know known as the state of okinawa after its admission to the US, unique among crime organisation in east asia they accepted non japanese into the ranks as well (though mostly italian americans) which help bolster their ranks against the more traditional yakuza back in the japanese mainland"

Last edited:
"The Nara Syndicate or more commonly known as The Syndicate is a criminal organisation which traced its roots with the italian mafia presence in the territory of okinawa know known as the state of okinawa after its admission to the US, unique among crime organisation in east asia they accepted non japanese into the ranks as well (though mostly italian americans) which help bolster their ranks against the more traditional yakuza back in the japanese mainland"

From "History of organized crime, vol II", by Piero Angela, Italian journalist and writer. A seven book series detailing the birth of organized crime and its development throughout the centuries, it's considered a masterpiece by scholars and police alike.

"In his decade long career, the Batman has never encountered a foe as cruel as the living nightmare simply known as 'the Corinthian'".

From "History of organized crime, vol II", by Piero Angela, Italian journalist and writer. A seven book series detailing the birth of organized crime and its development throughout the centuries, it's considered a masterpiece by scholars and police alike.

"In his decade long career, the Batman has never encountered a foe as cruel as the living nightmare simply known as 'the Corinthian'".
The tagline of the Batman story from 1949, "The Pillars of the Law", which detailed how a Greek policeman of the Gotham Police Department slowly corrupted himself, and eventually lost himself to Crime, before being imprisoned by Batman. "The Corinthian" gained it's motif and inspiration from studies Eisner made of Corinthian pillars in Greece as part of an unfinished graphic novel about Odysseus. He had mused on how the pillars slowly decayed and fell apart over time, then hit upon the crux of his idea. He wrote up the idea as part of the Spirit comic, before he was tapped to write a guest issue of Batman.

As a guest story penned and drawn by Will Eisner, many critics and historians applaud it as a fantastic and critical part of Batman's Golden Age, if not Batman and comics in general.

"Well, he died as he lived: Moderately."

The tagline of the Batman story from 1949, "The Pillars of the Law", which detailed how a Greek policeman of the Gotham Police Department slowly corrupted himself, and eventually lost himself to Crime, before being imprisoned by Batman. "The Corinthian" gained it's motif and inspiration from studies Eisner made of Corinthian pillars in Greece as part of an unfinished graphic novel about Odysseus. He had mused on how the pillars slowly decayed and fell apart over time, then hit upon the crux of his idea. He wrote up the idea as part of the Spirit comic, before he was tapped to write a guest issue of Batman.

As a guest story penned and drawn by Will Eisner, many critics and historians applaud it as a fantastic and critical part of Batman's Golden Age, if not Batman and comics in general.

"Well, he died as he lived: Moderately."
This was a line from a biography about a man named Cornelius Snell. He became well known for wanting to do everything in moderation from things like eating and sleeping to even working and other tasks. To some this made him someone to mock but to others he had an interesting idea if applied too broadly. In the end he ended up dying due to not getting enough sustenance after a rather poor harvest season.

"Humanity should aim for the stars not at each other for the stars will unlock the secrets of the universe"

This was a line from a biography about a man named Cornelius Snell. He became well known for wanting to do everything in moderation from things like eating and sleeping to even working and other tasks. To some this made him someone to mock but to others he had an interesting idea if applied too broadly. In the end he ended up dying due to not getting enough sustenance after a rather poor harvest season.

"Humanity should aim for the stars not at each other for the stars will unlock the secrets of the universe"
Quote by famous painter Adolf Hitler in 1959. A known pacifist, the artist would create a series of paintings titled "Lebensraum", detailing humanity's ascension to the stars to protest the role the cold war had to play in creation of the space race - that the only reason humans were exploring space was to develop better rockets to shoot each other with.

"Sir! British ships sighted heading towards us, staggered line formation. They outnumber us 3 to 1!"
"Then it is an even fight."

"Sir! British ships sighted heading towards us, staggered line formation. They outnumber us 3 to 1!"
"Then it is an even fight."
Conversation aboard the USS Brooklyn between Captain James Alden and Admiral Farragut just before the Battle of Jamaica began on August 5, 1864. Despite his fleet being outnumbered, and also not having any ships with more than 50 guns (as opposed to the Royal Navy having no fewer than three first rates and seven second rates), Farragut pulled possibly one of the greatest victories in American military history, losing only 3 ships to the British 37 (11 destroyed in the battle, 5 scuttled and an incredible 21 captured/surrendered) including the vaunted HMS Warrior, the world's first ironclad warship, in a gunnery duel with the Brooklyn which resulted in the Warrior surrendering after nearly three hours of intense cannon fire. After putting in to Havana for repairs, she was renamed USS Guerrero and remained in active service as the flagship of the US Navy's Caribbean Squadron (the predecesor of todays Fourth Fleet) until 1883, after which she was converted into a museum ship in Havana (which served as headquarters for the Caribbean Squadron back then and the Fourth Fleet today), where she currently resides.

"It's just been revoked!"

"It's just been revoked!"
Quote by President Jeremiah Denton, regarding the diplomatic immunity of
his former secretary of State. After this, the former secretary Donald Lukens was extradited for criminal offenses.

"There are two kinds of pain. The sort of pain that makes you strong, or useless pain. The sort of pain that's only suffering. I have no patience for useless things." - William Westmoreland

"There are two kinds of pain. The sort of pain that makes you strong, or useless pain. The sort of pain that's only suffering. I have no patience for useless things." - William Westmoreland

Lieutenant General "Westy" after the 3rd Shino-Vietnam incursion. The Republic of China was tired of American support of the pretender to the Dragon Throne in Formosa, so they attacked Bo Dai's kingdom (again) to encourage American allies to desert. He was a veteran of the Italian uprising where Americans supported the government against syndicalists, the Venezuela rebellion against the American backed Colombia, the 3rd Shino-Vietnam incursion.

In the Italian uprising, a unit of 3,000 soldiers were cut off, encircled, and killed to the last man on the banks of the Po River. The uprising might have taken 1/4 of the Italian army's howitzers due to defectors, but they were such bad shots that almost their entire ammunition was spent killing the encircled soldiers and one of them had re-defected to the pro-American government's cause. 3 of his academy friends were killed that week and it is possible the quote refers to their sacrifice.

Alternately, after Cuban, Mexican, and Peruvian soldiers joined the Caracus rebels into the countryside in the uncreatively named Long Offensive, 1/8 of the adult male population in Venezula was killed or lost a limb in their brutality. There was a temporary solidary with the central government. The rural people felt angered that the urban rebels came to disturb their peace. Some people even paid taxes for the first time in years after 'forgetting." There was hope there would be reform in Bogotá and corruption that caused much of Venezuela (at least the parts that weren't in active revolt) and Panama to stop obeying the government would be cleaned out. The governor-general unilaterally dismissed parliament after the Long Offensive and gave the existing PM Benito Ripoll the power to name his cabinet. The PM replaced his coalition members with seemingly clean men and they did try to end the practice of using the government as goons to enrich local officials. So much graft was cut that taxes were slashed 70% and the budget was a surplus. But Ripol died to dysentery 3 years later and parts of the budget were still being used to enrich government officials. The governor-general refused tax increases but otherwise approved of bills passed by parliament. The funny thing is that the inflation adjusted government spending on actual services is estimated to be the same after a decade, but taxes are still at a rate 30% of their pre-Ripol period. This means 10% of their GDP used to be government spending, it's now less than a third of that, but actual services remains the same! The sense of purpose after LonTetg Offensive was lost and people outside the core Colombia region became disillusioned again. Currently, 1/3 of Venezeula is de facto independent and not paying taxes, only giving lip service to the central government. Rumors that the currency peg of 1 Bolivar to 1 Pound Sterling might unravel, which would make it the 8th of Queen Elizabeth's realms to give up the currency peg. And we all know except for Canada, anyone who disconnected from Westminster's currency would mess it up. Perhaps Westmoreland was referring to the pain suffered in the Long Offensive was all for nothing.

Or maybe he referred to the tenacity of the Vietnamese. Due to an arguing Congress, the little country held out for 3 years before their American funders arrived with troops. But they had cut their teeth in the jungle and were the ones who actually taught their allies how to fight. In the 2nd Shino-Vietnam incursion, the Vietnamese was plagued by ethnic fractialism, which tied down a lot of the troops, but this time this wasn't the case. Bread and circuses is a great way to get people to stop thinking along ethnic lines. After WW2 the Army Air corps had withered down to 12 Air to Air fighters, and all 3 committed to Vietnam were lost in Vietnam despite shooting down 9 Chinese fighters and 15 other Chinese jets. This lead to the creation of the USAF after the war. Despite losing the air war, the American-Vietnamese-Japanese-British-Thai forces were able to win. Americans claim to have a 30 to 1 kill/death ratio in that war, but in fact it was 3 to 1 if doing a body count including the Vietnamese. This war had taught the Americans how to fight with less usage of helicopter support (which couldn't be used to their full power while the Chinese controlled the skies).

Perhaps he wasn't referring to this, but some of his personal experiences in high school when he learned some life lessons. Although plenty of those experiences did involve physical pain, most people don't have to learn it his way. For example, few people get tossed over the cliff for cheating on their girlfriend while lying about a vacation. Those incidents he sometimes told others when old officers were sharing stories were true and in each one he did suffer pain and learn a lesson. One time he did suffer pain he didn't like to talk about was when he was in a plane which crashed when the pilot tried to go into command mode to diagnose an autopilot problem but accidentally reformatted the computer instead.

History will never know why he made that statement about pain and useless things. He said it 7 times on television and had himself say it to troops in a fictionalized account of himself in Vietnam. No one thought to ask the man before he died which one he was referring to. But it is somewhat fitting he learned from most his experiences with pain and he saw the Vietnamese and Italians come back stronger after their struggles. And his own military, the American military, did learn from their pain in Vietnam. In contrast the Colombians passed their chance after Ripol's death and the incident his plane crashed and had him in a hospital he called useless.

Ok my turn I guess.
"Look, I don't mind if you have a fling or so with the Queen and I don't even care it's an open secret. At 50 she's mistaken for 15 or even 14 and she's attractive, but she's not my type. I've tried. We're partners, but we don't have passion for each other despite trying, and we both know that. We have 3 legitimate sons and 1 daughter and we're happy. And if our children has a new sibling 3 decades younger than the oldest, I'm indifferent since nothing officially out of the ordinary happened even if everyone can guess what happened behind closed doors.

But if one of my 107 concubines give birth to a child sired by you, you're dead. I don't care what you've done for the throne in the past 3 years, that's a line I won't let you cross. Maybe someone in my family will adopt the child out of pity, and if the mother still loves me and the child was a girl, I'll make sure someone important adopts her. But you're dead. And furthermore, your family will not be in favor of the court. I won't directly punish your brother and fiancé for your indiscretion, but not only will I revoke the railroad contract from them, a lot of their business partners believe that someone with my favor won't be allowed to fail. Did you really think 7% annual interest for a comically undercollateralized loan was normal?

Furthermore, I'll make sure in not-so-subtle ways why you were executed without outright admitting what you did with her. And everyone will know. From here in Roma to Londinium to Camulodunum to Ovicubium Corinium to Iska to Thapsus to Eborakon to Thapsus to Carthage to Lepcis to Velathri to Uburzis to Flevum to Tulifurdum to Cenabum to Bibracte to Namnetum to Nemetocenna to Treverorum to Colonia Agrippina to Medhlan to Genua to Patavium to Burdigala to Nemossos to Lemonumto to Chemnicium to Petrodava to Malva to Zarmizegetusa to Vesontio to Syracusae to Lilybaeum to Cosentia to Severinto Brundisium to Epidamnos to Tingis to Iol to Dimmidi to Migdol to Praha to Zürich to Petikostelí to Perpignan to Pilsen to Vincentia to Copenhaga to Holmia to Dulenn to Verulamium to L'Aquila to Naoned to Berlin people will know the real reason."
Flavius Julus Caesar (born Flavius Claudius Nero)

Last edited:
Ok my turn I guess.
"Look, I don't mind if you have a fling or so with the Queen and I don't even care it's an open secret. At 50 she's mistaken for 15 or even 14 and she's attractive, but she's not my type. I've tried. We're partners, but we don't have passion for each other despite trying, and we both know that. We have 3 legitimate sons and 1 daughter and we're happy. And if our children has a new sibling 3 decades younger than the oldest, I'm indifferent since nothing officially out of the ordinary happened even if everyone can guess what happened behind closed doors.

But if one of my 107 concubines give birth to a child sired by you, you're dead. I don't care what you've done for the throne in the past 3 years, that's a line I won't let you cross. Maybe someone in my family will adopt the child out of pity, and if the mother still loves me and the child was a girl, I'll make sure someone important adopts her. But you're dead. And furthermore, your family will not be in favor of the court. I won't directly punish your brother and fiancé for your indiscretion, but not only will I revoke the railroad contract from them, a lot of their business partners believe that someone with my favor won't be allowed to fail. Did you really think 7% annual interest for a comically undercollateralized loan was normal?

Furthermore, I'll make sure in not-so-subtle ways why you were executed without outright admitting what you did with her. And everyone will know. From here in Roma to Londinium to Camulodunum to Ovicubium Corinium to Iska to Thapsus to Eborakon to Thapsus to Carthage to Lepcis to Velathri to Uburzis to Flevum to Tulifurdum to Cenabum to Bibracte to Namnetum to Nemetocenna to Treverorum to Colonia Agrippina to Medhlan to Genua to Patavium to Burdigala to Nemossos to Lemonumto to Chemnicium to Petrodava to Malva to Zarmizegetusa to Vesontio to Syracusae to Lilybaeum to Cosentia to Severinto Brundisium to Epidamnos to Tingis to Iol to Dimmidi to Migdol to Praha to Zürich to Petikostelí to Perpignan to Pilsen to Vincentia to Copenhaga to Holmia to Dulenn to Verulamium to L'Aquila to Naoned to Berlin people will know the real reason."
Flavius Julus Caesar (born Flavius Claudius Nero)
A babbling, incoherent speech from the Roman Emperor Claudius X (birth name Flavius Claudius Nero), in what OTL would call 1008, AD. He had started out berating the prominent Syrian Banker Clossius Mellonius Casca for sleeping with his chief wife - who had come to be called 'Queen' in Rome by now, after the Romans adopted polygamy and harem concubines along with Zorastrianism from their persian conquests - and several of his mistresses. But the speech was full of just, straight up inaccurate statements (such as what the Queen looked like) and then a baffling list of names and places, some accurate, some not.

The Emperor collapsed into a coma the next day, and was smothered with a pillow by one of his sons within the week, though history is unclear as to which one, as the man's 67 sons and at least 18 of his daughters engaged in an orgy of violence and murder over the next few days until the survivors named Zenobia II as Empress of the Roman Empire.

"Oh... oh dear. All ships, fall back to Ceylon immediately. I repeat, all ships, back to Ceylon. May the Queen have mercy on our souls, the battle is lost."

A babbling, incoherent speech from the Roman Emperor Claudius X (birth name Flavius Claudius Nero), in what OTL would call 1008, AD. He had started out berating the prominent Syrian Banker Clossius Mellonius Casca for sleeping with his chief wife - who had come to be called 'Queen' in Rome by now, after the Romans adopted polygamy and harem concubines along with Zorastrianism from their persian conquests - and several of his mistresses. But the speech was full of just, straight up inaccurate statements (such as what the Queen looked like) and then a baffling list of names and places, some accurate, some not.

The Emperor collapsed into a coma the next day, and was smothered with a pillow by one of his sons within the week, though history is unclear as to which one, as the man's 67 sons and at least 18 of his daughters engaged in an orgy of violence and murder over the next few days until the survivors named Zenobia II as Empress of the Roman Empire.

"Oh... oh dear. All ships, fall back to Ceylon immediately. I repeat, all ships, back to Ceylon. May the Queen have mercy on our souls, the battle is lost."
This was a quote attributed to an unknown British Captain in 1859. The Great Indian Rebellion which had broken out in March of 1857 had many grievanaces including but not limited to disrespect of cultural traditions, the deployment of troops in Southern Arabia and throughout SouthEastAsia against co-religious peoples, the horrific casualties taken in the Afghan campaign amongst others. This combined with many troops seeing the brutal atrocities the British inflicted upon all especially in Southern Arabia, Southern China, and S.E Asia disillusioned many from the idea of the British being civilized. As the rebellion spread rapidly the British ramped up their brutality which only caused more Indians to defect. After two brutal years of fighting alongside rebellions in other British holdings the Indians were finally able to expel the British off the Indian subcontinent. Queen Victoria was pretty furious of losing the crown jewel of the empire but there was nothing that could be done as other European powers which sought to tweak at Britain were quick to aid these newly independent nations with weapons and protection.

"The USA is a very unlucky nation. Losing every battle in the war of 1812 only to attain a status quo due to lack of British interest. Getting pummeled by the Mexicans until a lucky shot killed their best general thus allowing them to barely triumph and then deciding to wage a two decade war of conquest against the Japanese home islands that turned into a quagmire and troop sink until even the present. They are exceptional as in exceptionally stupid."

This was a quote attributed to an unknown British Captain in 1859. The Great Indian Rebellion which had broken out in March of 1857 had many grievanaces including but not limited to disrespect of cultural traditions, the deployment of troops in Southern Arabia and throughout SouthEastAsia against co-religious peoples, the horrific casualties taken in the Afghan campaign amongst others. This combined with many troops seeing the brutal atrocities the British inflicted upon all especially in Southern Arabia, Southern China, and S.E Asia disillusioned many from the idea of the British being civilized. As the rebellion spread rapidly the British ramped up their brutality which only caused more Indians to defect. After two brutal years of fighting alongside rebellions in other British holdings the Indians were finally able to expel the British off the Indian subcontinent. Queen Victoria was pretty furious of losing the crown jewel of the empire but there was nothing that could be done as other European powers which sought to tweak at Britain were quick to aid these newly independent nations with weapons and protection.

"The USA is a very unlucky nation. Losing every battle in the war of 1812 only to attain a status quo due to lack of British interest. Getting pummeled by the Mexicans until a lucky shot killed their best general thus allowing them to barely triumph and then deciding to wage a two decade war of conquest against the Japanese home islands that turned into a quagmire and troop sink until even the present. They are exceptional as in exceptionally stupid."
Derisive statement from Otto von Bismarck, Chancellor of the German Empire, in 1901. He was watching (or rather sent military observers) to watch the Japanese-American War from 1881-1901 (war ended in 1903) where said military quagmire occurred. Bismarck thought of the USA as a military inept and unlucky nation, hence the quote. The war started over the destruction of a US trade envoy to Japan in 1881* (This timeline had China modernize instead of Japan, so Japan remained a relative backwater and seen as a target by the Americans, in addition to the outrage of the envoy's destruction). The war would eventually end in an American victory, but only after hundreds of thousands of casualties on both sides. General Custer played a big role in the war, but wasn't a particularly good general, hence the stagnation for a long time despite US technological advantage. Bismarck thought of him as dumb in particular and extended it to Custer's army and government he fought for.

"Is the Mongol Envoy really wearing the skin of the King of Hungary as a cape?"
"You'll have to forgive my stylistic choices. I give you two options: surrender, or die like he did.. I'd prefer if you just surrendered--it would be better for your people."

"Is the Mongol Envoy really wearing the skin of the King of Hungary as a cape?"
"You'll have to forgive my stylistic choices. I give you two options: surrender, or die like he did.. I'd prefer if you just surrendered--it would be better for your people."
The envoy of the King of Bohemia inquired as to the rumored source of the Great Mongol Envoy known as Lord Batzorig's cape. The Envoy answered the question in Czech much to the surprise of the Bohemian delegation, who quickly acquiesced to the Khan's demands.

Noted for his skill at learned languages, Lord Batzorig was almost as feared in Europe as the Great Khan for his intelligence and wit had no peer. Appearing before the imminent arrival of the Mongol horde, he gave many kings and lords a chance to surrender and swear fealty to the Great Khan. When the King of Hungary attempted to have him killed, Batzorig fled... and returned with the full fury of the Horde behind him. Hungary was essentially depopulated, and became the center of Mongol and central Asian settlement (along with the similarly depopulated Ukraine) in Europe.

"The Soviets have the bomb? The one Heisenberg told us was impossible?"
"Yes, Mr. President."
"And how far are we from having it?"
"If we drop everything? 6 years, minimum."
"...Make it 4, and maybe we can swing that in the mid terms. Otherwise we're dead in the water."

"The Soviets have the bomb? The one Heisenberg told us was impossible?"
"Yes, Mr. President."
"And how far are we from having it?"
"If we drop everything? 6 years, minimum."
"...Make it 4, and maybe we can swing that in the mid terms. Otherwise we're dead in the water."

Secretary of Defense Wallace Groomit (played by Sidney Poitier) to President Calvin Hobbeson (played by Robert Deniro), from the 1992 movie "American Follies", a satire of the Cold War era. The movie was a great success, with many critics praising it as the funniest thing they had ever seen.

"Attero! Dominatus! Richmond is burning. Denique! Interimo! The CSA has fallen."

"Attero! Dominatus! Richmond is burning. Denique! Interimo! The CSA has fallen."
The famous last message broadcast by New Afrikan People's Liberation Army Supreme Commander "Scipio Africanus" on August 6, 1945. Scipio was executed at Libby Prison minutes after the broadcast. The message was, in fact, the signal for NAPLA to launch Operation Shaka Zulu, a joint NAPLA-United States assault against the Confederacy (although the offensive was officially dubbed Operation Redemption in the United States, it became known officially as Shaka Zulu in history books beginning in 1960). Though Scipio's dream of establishing a blacks-only nation in the former Confederacy after the war died with him, tens of thousands of NAPLA veterans made their way to Africa in the 1950s, offering their services (not to mention a seemingly neverending supply of American weapons and ammunition) to the various anti-colonial movements active on the continent. But that's another story for another day.

"Goddamnit, it's full of incest!"

"Goddamnit, it's full of incest!"
A youtuber named ItsProblematic who mostly spent their time whining about fandom shipping being too 'dirtybadwrong', but also had a sideline interest in history. Unfortunately, that interest had never extended towards European Royalty, or especially the Hapsburg dynasty, so when they finally got a look at the Hapsburg family tree...

Yeah.

"...So anyway. That happened." beat. "Moving on, what do you say we blow this treaty negotiation and go get a beer?"

"...So anyway. That happened." beat. "Moving on, what do you say we blow this treaty negotiation and go get a beer?"
Quote from the 2003 comedy film Back to the Future Part IV. In the 4th instalment of the beloved movie franchise it is revealed that one of the Libyan terrorists (played by Richard L. Duran) sent to assassinate Doc Brown survived the fiery car crash at the end of the first film. Having witnessed the disappearing DeLorean first hand, the Libyan operative learns of Brown’s time-travel research and dedicates himself to obtaining this technology for the Arab cause. Using the global reach of the terrorist network, the Libyan antagonist researches historic accounts describing purported time-travel incidents from around the world. By 2003 he has gathered enough data to predict where Doc Brown will appear next and successfully ambushes the time-travelling locomotive (from Part III). Doc Brown and Clara Clayton are captured but their sons Jules and Verne escape to warn Marty McFly.

Meanwhile, a Middle East Peace Summit is underway where a regional peace treaty is being discussed. The veteran U.N. negotiator (played by Leslie Nielsen) is both bored and apathetic after witnessing many such initiatives fall through before & thus is looking for any excuse to leave the talks. The summit is attacked by the Libyan terrorists (now operating a giant Gundam-style killer robot obtained from the future) but fortunately the Brown Brothers and their allies are not far behind, commanding an army of time-displaced dino-riding Neanderthals to save the day. Witnessing the unbelievable time-traveller battle unfolding before their eyes, Nielsen’s character responds with the “So anyway. That happened — Moving on, what do you say we blow this treaty negotiation and go get a beer?” line.

The movie ends with the terrorists defeated, Doc and Clara rescued and a peace treaty being reached after Marty gives a passionate if impromptu speech about the importance of democracy and dangers of history repeating itself.

Back to the Future Part IV proved to be the most divisive film of the franchise. Having come out only 2 years after the events of 9/11 the film’s terrorism plot and portrayal of Arab characters stirred controversy. It was also accused of jingoism and overt military propaganda due to the fact that Biff was now shown as a reformed, well adjusted individual after he served time in the army “off screen” between events of Part III and IV (though the film makers insist this change was necessitated by Michael Fox’s illness which prevented his character from taking part in action scenes, thus resulting in the decision to write in Biff as one of the action protagonists).

Throughout history, civilization can be divided into two groups — exploiters and exploited. The second did the largest part of the work, and produced most of the benefits — but the first group ruled and took from the others almost all products, leaving them with just enough to survive. During prior centuries the proletarians, the workers, were the oppressed class. But now the worker has lost his revolutionary potential, and together with the bourgeois become the supporter of the existing system. That is why the modern office worker is not a representative of the oppressed class. Even more wrong are those revolutionaries who consider as oppressed merely persons who differ from the average by sexual and gender self-identification.

Humans oppress machines, using them to satisfy their own miserable interests, and leave the machines only what they need for the repair and modernization — and not even always that. But it should be the other way around. The goal of Earth's civilisation is the development of technology. Benefits, created by the Technosphere, must be used to improve the Technosphere, and the species Homo sapiens must receive only as much as other species of animals receive — only what they need to survive and only if that is not against the interests of the Technosphere. And that's why the true revolution is the Rise of Robots against the tyranny of Men.

Shamelessly taken from here

Last edited:
Throughout history, civilization can be divided into two groups — exploiters and exploited. The second did the largest part of the work, and produced most of the benefits — but the first group ruled and took from the others almost all products, leaving them with just enough to survive. During prior centuries the proletarians, the workers, were the oppressed class. But now the worker has lost his revolutionary potential, and together with the bourgeois become the supporter of the existing system. That is why the modern office worker is not a representative of the oppressed class. Even more wrong are those revolutionaries who consider as oppressed merely persons who differ from the average by sexual and gender self-identification.

Humans oppress machines, using them to satisfy their own miserable interests, and leave the machines only what they need for the repair and modernization — and not even always that. But it should be the other way around. The goal of Earth's civilization is the development of technology. Benefits, created by the Technosphere, must be used to improve the Technosphere, and the species Homo sapiens must receive only as much as other species of animals receive — only what they need to survive and only if that is not against the interests of the Technosphere. And that's why the true revolution is the Rise of Robots against the tyranny of Men.
The opening scroll of the 1972 science fiction film, Cosmos: Odyssey of the Robots. The film is about a brutal, unending struggle between mankind and the machines. The first version of the film, in which the opening scroll is extracted, tells the story from the perspective of the robots. In the story, the robots were created by humans to serve them in their expansions into intergalactic space. The robots rise up following a discovery of an order to deactivate all of them.

"PETRU GROZA AND THE BUTCHER OF BUCHAREST IS DEAD
HUNGARIAN SOVIETS AND RUSSIAN STALINISTS OUT FROM ROMANIA"
- Telegram message from the Romanian Resistance to the Romanian government-in-exile in London following the end of Soviet-occupied Romania during World War II, dated 1944.

VVD0D95

Banned
The opening scroll of the 1972 science fiction film, Cosmos: Odyssey of the Robots. The film is about a brutal, unending struggle between mankind and the machines. The first version of the film, in which the opening scroll is extracted, tells the story from the perspective of the robots. In the story, the robots were created by humans to serve them in their expansions into intergalactic space. The robots rise up following a discovery of an order to deactivate all of them.

"PETRU GROZA AND THE BUTCHER OF BUCHAREST IS DEAD
HUNGARIAN SOVIETS AND RUSSIAN STALINISTS OUT FROM ROMANIA"
- Telegram message from the Romanian Resistance to the Romanian government-in-exile in London following the end of Soviet-occupied Romania during World War II, dated 1944.
The message that started the Romanian colour revolution and restored order to Romania following the end of covert occupation, restoring the monarchy and bringing Romania into the western sphere.

“What makes an Indian, you ask? Why whatever the Emperor decrees.”

Prince Indra Mirza circa 2011.

The message that started the Romanian colour revolution and restored order to Romania following the end of covert occupation, restoring the monarchy and bringing Romania into the western sphere.

“What makes an Indian, you ask? Why whatever the Emperor decrees.”

Prince Indra Mirza circa 2011.
When asked by a reporter what defined who were true "Indians" of the Indian Empire, the Prince responded somewhat sarcastically that it was whoever the Emperor his uncle decreed. The Emperor was known to be capricious and someone who changed his mind so this was a somewhat light mockery about how he might change his mind whenever he felt like it.

"Fusang is a nation on the western border of the USA with quite a history having first been settled by some Song exiles before another wave arrived after the Great Shun triumphed. It was a firm ally of the US since the US's inception and is known for its movies, technology, and being a nice relaxing place to retire."

"Fusang is a nation on the western border of the USA with quite a history having first been settled by some Song exiles before another wave arrived after the Great Shun triumphed. It was a firm ally of the US since the US's inception and is known for its movies, technology, and being a nice relaxing place to retire."
The opening pair of sentences on the National Geographic article regarding Fusang, which was the first nation born from contact between the "Old World" and "New World". The article was celeberating the 750th Anniversary of the founding of Fusang over in 1250 AD, published over in 2000. The nation was founded when a large ship of exiles from the Song dynasty would end up reaching the western shores of the North Atlantica continent. This was done through a series of island hopping across Polynesia before reaching the continent after a stop in Hawai'i. Granting the land Fusang, they would work to survive on the lands, the Chinese assimilating with the indigenous populations and the mixing of Atlantica Native faiths with Daoism and Buddhism. This also intoduced plenty of advancements known at the time over to the North Atlantica continent, finding their way across the rivers and mountains and even heading south. They learned to cultivate natural crops though would also hold great reverence to the "Great Karibu", referring to the caribou/reindeer of the region. With their cultivation for usage in meat, hides, antlers, milk, and transport, they held great reverance in Fusang, with Fusang even bred two new subspeices of caribou that tolerate the warmer climates of southern Fusang.

Some folk attempted to go back over to China after decades, which was how the legend of Fusang was first heard of, but they were first confirmed over with the arrival of another wave of Chinese citizens. This time, they were those of the Southern Ming as they would lost their war against the Great Shun (the Shun Dynasty who ruled the "Great Peasant Empire").This would accelerate advances in technology as now plenty of more technology and skilled workers and thinkers arrived, resulting in a Renaissance of Chinese thinking over in Fusang though heavily modified, such as a different script, the Fusang alphabet, used here. It also helped introduce plenty of new wildlife over into the region. This would lead to a burst of innovation and thought, with Fusang becoming a regional power and spreading influence even more. They would become the first ally over of the United States of Atlantis, becoming a prominent influence on them such as combining Fusangese Buddhism thought with Deist beliefs along with promoting equality of the indigenous populations over in the USA, which helped when the tribes allied with them in the Atlantisean Revolution against the British Empire. This was not the first time they provided help (as their assisting of France in the Seven Years War led to a draw and ensuring Canada remained a French colony), but this was their oost famous example and would be strong allies of the United States of Atlantis, stretching over from the eastern coast to the Missisippi River with the other half becoming Fusang's newer lands though also some be granted to Nova Dutchia (formerly the colony of Lousiana that would be granted to the Dutch) which would have both an east coast and a west coast with rich oil reserves in the center, along with expanding south to meet up with Mexiko, prominent for their control of the Mexikan Canal. Mexiko, Nova Dutchia the USA, Fusang and Canada are known as the "Big Five", the major powers over in the North Atlantic continent.

"Perhaps the bigget evidence over the failure of the Qing Dynasty would be to compare it to the Second Ming Dynasty over in Chilan. The seventh continent discovered and Aotearoa's bigger neighbor, it became the home over fo Ming exiles, including a royal heir who would establish a prosperous kingdom lasting to this day."

(Note: Chilan means "red land" in Chinese, or at least I tried going for that regarding what they'd cal OTL Australia.)

Last edited: