Explain the AH Quote

”Dammit Bobby, how many times have I told you to not play with the fabric of reality?”
Taken from a special Halloween episode of King of The Hill that reimagined the characters in a fantasy setting. As the line implies, the crux of the episodes plot was cause by Bobby opening up a tear in the fabric of reality.

"Today, I am very proud to honor a dear friend of mine: President Bobby Kennedy. In the years I've known him, both in the Navy and in politics, I've known him always be someone who fights for those feel they don't have a voice. My family is very grateful to call him and his lovely wife Ethel, my friends and I can think of no one more deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize." - Hugh Hefner

"Today, I am very proud to honor a dear friend of mine: President Bobby Kennedy. In the years I've known him, both in the Navy and in politics, I've known him always be someone who fights for those feel they don't have a voice. My family is very grateful to call him and his lovely wife Ethel, my friends and I can think of no one more deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize." - Hugh Hefner
Hugh Hefner's opening remarks at the ceremony to award the Nobel Peace Prize to US President Robert Kennedy. Robert Kennedy was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1972 for leading the signing of the Quartet Peace Treaty between China, the United States, North Vietnam, and South Vietnam and acting as an intermediary for the Sino-Japanese Peace and Friendship Treaty.

"This is Federal German Navy Battleship Bismarck. Order to lower flag is received. It's a privilege and honor to end our second service under New Germany's flag after 40 years of loyal dedication."

Hugh Hefner's opening remarks at the ceremony to award the Nobel Peace Prize to US President Robert Kennedy. Robert Kennedy was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1972 for leading the signing of the Quartet Peace Treaty between China, the United States, North Vietnam, and South Vietnam and acting as an intermediary for the Sino-Japanese Peace and Friendship Treaty.

"This is Federal German Navy Battleship Bismarck. Order to lower flag is received. It's a privilege and honor to end our second service under New Germany's flag after 40 years of loyal dedication."
The last transmission of the German Aerial Navy Battleship, Bismarck, as it surrendered in Mars' atmosphere after a defense of the German outpost there, before a mutinous sailor blew up the munitions on board to prevent the surrender from occurring. It was the denouement to the Third Solar War, and soured the peace before a ceasefire had occurred, with both sides accusing the other of destroying the ship. It would be a part of the casus belli of the Fourth and final Solar War, when the German-French alliance managed to eke out a victory by 2200.

"Merciful god, thirty men out of six hundred are alive?"

"Merciful god, thirty men out of six hundred are alive?"
Admiral Somerville's reaction after learning that the heavy cruiser HMS Surrey was sunk by the Japanese aircraft carrier HIJMS Shōkaku. Despite desperate surface-to-air fire from the ship's 12 4.5-inch anti-aircraft artilleries and 32 2-pounder pom-pom guns, a 500kg bomb dropped by Shokaku's 601st Kokutai's D4Y4 Suisei dive bomber pierced the helpless cruiser's powerhouse Cabin armor, destroyed her turbines. HMS Surrey lasted just 11 minutes at sea before being sunk by a B7A2 Ryusei with one Type 91 torpedo. Although the Japanese pilots chivalrously did not attack the drowning British crew, only 30 of the 678 survived until they were rescued by the British destroyer HMS Relentless.

"Come on, you little bastard 'Yukikaze-sama', it's time for your eternal sleep on the bottom of the sea today!"

Last edited:
"Come on, you little bastard 'Yukikaze-sama', it's time for your eternal sleep on the bottom of the sea today!"

Admiral Takeuchi's last words when a Chinese soldier boarded his vessel, the H.I.J.M.S. Nakajima, is about to plant a bomb on the ship's engine room, Takeuchi is later shot to death by a soldier, who then ran out of the Nakajima after placing a bomb, and he jumped to sea and detonated the bomb, causing the Nakajima to sink in the bottom of the ocean.

"Earlier today, the U.S.S. Enterprise lost seventeen characters including her navigator and communications officer by the hands of the Gorn Homogony."

"Earlier today, the U.S.S. Enterprise lost seventeen characters including her navigator and communications officer by the hands of the Gorn Homogony."
Taken from the first episode of the third season of Star Trek: Phase Two in January 1985, continuing from the major battle at the ending of the last season.

"There’s nothing simpler than avoiding people you don’t like."
"Avoiding one’s friends, that’s the real test." - Bruce Lee and Muhammad Ali

"There’s nothing simpler than avoiding people you don’t like."
"Avoiding one’s friends, that’s the real test." - Bruce Lee and Muhammad Ali
Spoken just before their famous "Boxing vs. Kung Fu" charity match at Madison Square Garden on July 20, 1973. The result of the match itself was a draw, but the event raised over $25 million, and the two remained very close and very dear friends until Ali's death in 2016.

"Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter"

"Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter"
Said by the United States general after the nuclear war destroyed all major cities in June 19, 1972, who seek refuge on the Mojave desert, who later died in November 22, 2007. The Mojave desert has a new city build there.

"It's great! Just great! All of modern technology: televisions, radios, cars, everything, except for our computers, Internet and some electricity on this planet doesn't work anymore! Not even our guns won't fire! It's the worst day since the 9/11 attacks last year!"

Last edited:
"It's great! Just great! All of modern technology: televisions, radios, cars, everything, except for our computers, Internet and some electricity on this planet doesn't work anymore! Not even our guns won't fire! It's the worst day since the 9/11 attacks last year!"
Just one of millions of responses to an incident on July 4, 2002, where nearly every form of technology stopped working. Though it only lasted a few hours, the ramifications would be felt for decades and centuries to come.

"You want me to salute that pile of walking pus? Salute, my ass!"

"You want me to salute that pile of walking pus? Salute, my ass!"
Comment allegedly made by an unknown member of the United States Army during a visit Reagan made to a base in Libya in 1976. Reagan's popularity had gone into a nose dive in the wake of Iran Contra, and as a result he ended up loosing reelection to Mo Udall.

"I’ll tell you now. That silence almost beat me. It’s the silence that scares me." - Calvin Coolidge

Comment allegedly made by an unknown member of the United States Army during a visit Reagan made to a base in Libya in 1976. Reagan's popularity had gone into a nose dive in the wake of Iran Contra, and as a result he ended up loosing reelection to Mo Udall.

"I’ll tell you now. That silence almost beat me. It’s the silence that scares me." - Calvin Coolidge
President Calvin Coolidge discussing how he reacted to the Puerto Rico Attack. Germany managed to take Paris before Britain could land troops, and those that did land were massacred, forcing the Entente for sue for an utterly humiliating peace. In this early victory, became drunk on its perceived power. This resulted in the Amero-German arms race and several naval clashes in the pacific and west Atlantic throughout the 20th century. This culminated in the Germans attacking Puerto Rico to humiliate and kowtow the Americans, which led to a signal being cut off prematurely reporting the attack. that is the silence President Coolidge referred to here.

"The Light of God strikes again- terror in Cairo!"

President Calvin Coolidge discussing how he reacted to the Puerto Rico Attack. Germany managed to take Paris before Britain could land troops, and those that did land were massacred, forcing the Entente for sue for an utterly humiliating peace. In this early victory, became drunk on its perceived power. This resulted in the Amero-German arms race and several naval clashes in the pacific and west Atlantic throughout the 20th century. This culminated in the Germans attacking Puerto Rico to humiliate and kowtow the Americans, which led to a signal being cut off prematurely reporting the attack. that is the silence President Coolidge referred to here.

"The Light of God strikes again- terror in Cairo!"
A headline from the Baghad times about the extremist coptic terriorist organization The Light of God. This group wanted to establish Egypt as a Christian nation for Christians only and was waging a vicious war against the Republic of Egypt. To make things more complicated it was always suspected though not proven that some members of the Vatican were supplying arms and cash to the group. The attack in question was a series of bombings upon a busy marketplace and a history museum killing nearly 500 people and injuring more than 5700.

"Mr. Ambassador, the protocols we signed clearly stated that no nation may uncover any artifacts without following the Delhi Accords to the letter. The destruction of these artifacts are clearly your nation's fault and Britain has no place complaining about the reparations she owes."

"Mr. Ambassador, the protocols we signed clearly stated that no nation may uncover any artifacts without following the Delhi Accords to the letter. The destruction of these artifacts are clearly your nation's fault and Britain has no place complaining about the reparations she owes."
A Indian diplomat to his British counterpart following Britain's demand to be in some way compensated for following the recent uncovering and breaking of several valuable artifacts.

"Today, we as a nation mourn the passing of Benedict Arnold. He was man I was proud to call my friend, and a man so fiercely loyal to the United States of America that he asked to be dressed in his uniform on his deathbed. He served this country both as a soldier and as one of it's Presidents and our nation will forever owe itself to him." - George Washington

"Today, we as a nation mourn the passing of Benedict Arnold. He was man I was proud to call my friend, and a man so fiercely loyal to the United States of America that he asked to be dressed in his uniform on his deathbed. He served this country both as a soldier and as one of it's Presidents and our nation will forever owe itself to him." - George Washington
George Washington in 1799, following Benedict Arnold's death during the Seige of Baltimore. Letters addressed to his wife and to British officers were found in Arnold's private study, expressing interest in defecting to the British side. Washington decided to keep this matter private; as far as he knew, this was just a feint to draw the British into negotiations, and anyway Arnold's martyrdom had propaganda value for the revolutionary cause.

"Politics is about surviving until the next election. Government is about surviving into the next century."

"Politics is about surviving until the next election. Government is about surviving into the next century."
John B. Anderson, then a Republican candidate for president, to a member of his staff. The comment was made in response to Ronald Reagan saying that if Anderson became president, he wouldn't survive the next election, with Anderson's full quote being "Politics is about surviving until the next election. Government is about surviving into the next century, and if Reagan wins, I have my doubts America will survive into the next century." Anderson would end up winning the primaries in a very close election.

"And in a shocking upset, Virginia Senator Richard Loving has defeated President Ronald Reagan to become the next president of the United States. The former construction worker and Civil Rights activist turned Senator thanked his supporters in speech in his home state alongside his wife Mildred. This truly a historic election." - Dan Rather

Last edited:
"And in a shocking upset, Virginia Senator Richard Loving has defeated President Ronald Reagan to become the next president of the United States. The former construction worker and Civil Rights activist turned Senator thanked his supporters in speech in his home state alongside his wife Mildred. This truly a historic election." - Dan Rather
The news broadcast on Ronald Reagan loosing to Richard Loving in 1984.

The White army and the oil barons
Are trying to restore Ford to the White House,
But from the Atlantic to the Pacific
The red army is the strongest of all!

The White army and the oil barons
Are trying to restore Ford to the White House,
But from the Atlantic to the Pacific
The red army is the strongest of all!
Unofficial motto of the People's Continental Army during the Second American Civil War (1932-1938). The war started when Ford commited the following acts:
--1) Declared the election results (which showed Communist Party candidate William Z. Foster winning nearly 70% of the popular vote and over 400 electoral votes) null and void.
--2) Suspending Congress and placing all members under house arrest, enabling him to rule by decree.
--3) Banning the CPUSA and all other opposition parties (including, among others, the Republicans).
--4) Issuing orders that President-elect Foster and Vice President-elect Earl Browder both face summary execution for high treason.
The war would only end after nearly 7 years and 5 million dead, but in its wake, the United States would be even stronger and an even bigger beacon of freedom and democracy than it had ever been.

"You know what they say: All toasters toast toast!"

"You know what they say: All toasters toast toast!"
Quote from the 1989 action-comedy Breakfast Man. The quote comes from a scene where the titular Breakfast Man, alter ego of newspaper editor John Plack, explodes the antagonist of the film, Dr. Nogood. The film was a commercial and critical flop, criticized for its godawful humor and confused sense of audience.

"Uh... Uh... which button?"

"Uh... Uh... which button?"
An unnamed RVSN officer in a Soviet launch command center during a drill sometime in the 1980s. He was trying to determine which button would cancel or enable a launch while blindfolded. He failed, and was never seen again.

"I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to Hell."

An unnamed RVSN officer in a Soviet launch command center during a drill sometime in the 1980s. He was trying to determine which button would cancel or enable a launch while blindfolded. He failed, and was never seen again.

"I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to Hell."
This was uttered by Captain James Brian commander of the US spaceship Oregon responding to an angry call from a commander in the Brazilian space force. The commander was off duty when several rogue members seized his ship and launched an attack on a major US space habitation station which killed 250,000 people. The ship was annihilated afterwards but this incident still cause tensions to spike and would ultimately culminate into the Sol Wars.

"It was by mere chance that a young Jewish man washed ashore on the island of Taiwan. Within a few years though he would soon control the entire island and have a vast pirate fleet serving him where together they would wage war against the Spanish and other Europeans who had been brutalizing them for so long"