Explain the AH Quote

A fanfiction writer’s pysechedelic dream.
"In the 19th century, this region of Gaul was known for its independent spirit and lack of aristocratic structures"
Karl Marx's first alternate history novel, in which Robespierre died shortly after the storming of the Bastille. Widely considered not to hold up today.

"Did Eskimos exist? New theories on the origin of the legends of the arctic snow-dwellers, coming up after the break."

"Did Eskimos exist? New theories on the origin of the legends of the arctic snow-dwellers, coming up after the break."
In a TL where the Thule never migrated and went extinct while the Dorset managed to adapt to land hunting, one of those sensationalistic TV shows of the 90s and early 2000's spoke this on the Discovery Channel, Mysteries of the Americas.

"Its not so much survival of the fittest as its survival of the fittest plus unfit that the fittest like to have around."

In a TL where the Thule never migrated and went extinct while the Dorset managed to adapt to land hunting, one of those sensationalistic TV shows of the 90s and early 2000's spoke this on the Discovery Channel, Mysteries of the Americas.

"Its not so much survival of the fittest as its survival of the fittest plus unfit that the fittest like to have around."

A sardonic comment from a satirical take on the zombie apocalypse film Vaughn of the Dead (a German version of Shawn of the Dead), noting how the more everyman character becomes aware of his problems and how he survived the film's events largely due to the work of his best friend, a survivalist who thrived. The comment serves as a symbol of uneven relationships. It's turned on its head when the everyman' uses his people skills and basic sense of decency to get his friend medical attention when reinforcements come. He repeats the comment over to his friend, who acknowledges his assholery drivne by his inferiority complex and the two forgive each other, noting that "fittest" doesn't make sense.

"Science fiction shows are a reflection of culture of its nation. Star Wars is Germanic-inspired mysticism and magic set in space inspired by French science fiction and Doctor Who is the American classic pulp hero who uses science instead of fists and inspired by the works of Robert Heinlein and Philip K Dick. So, what does Star Trek say?"

Last edited:
"Science fiction shows are a reflection of culture of its nation. Star Wars is Germanic-inspired mysticism and magic set in space inspired by French science fiction and Doctor Who is the American classic pulp hero who uses science instead of fists and inspired by the works of Robert Heinlein and Philip K Dick. So, what does Star Trek say?"
An essay question in the class Science Fiction and Cultural Consciousness, an undergrad class that was Interdisciplinary between the Literature and Film Studies departments, at Yale, a major Liberal Arts college on the East Coast of the Confederated Republics of America.

So... let me get this straight. You actually think that loon is going to not only run for President, but win?

An essay question in the class Science Fiction and Cultural Consciousness, an undergrad class that was Interdisciplinary between the Literature and Film Studies departments, at Yale, a major Liberal Arts college on the East Coast of the Confederated Republics of America.

So... let me get this straight. You actually think that loon is going to not only run for President, but win?
News reporters asking Senator John McCain on the election of 2000 in Russia, with the election being Vladimir Putin vs. Gennady Zyuganov. McCain considered Putin dangerous for democracy and a loon (this would be vindicated later). Zyuganov was not considered much better, and had hardly any media (which is why the 2nd part of the quote happened).

Really? Democracy died in less than a decade? Welp.

Really? Democracy died in less than a decade? Welp.
Student in 1976 North America, after learning about the brief post-independence Democratic experiment from 1783-1793, before the Continental Army launched a coup and placed a triumvirate of Generals in charge of the United Continental Republic. the period was marred by civil unrest, repeated changes to the constitutional arrangement and economic dislocation. However, the generals actions were taken as a warning several years later in France, and the Directory managed to prevent Napoleon from trying something similar in 1799.

Look, man, you gotta give me something. How about you cut me a deal - just give me Tibet, and you can have the two fifty.

Look, man, you gotta give me something. How about you cut me a deal - just give me Tibet, and you can have the two fifty.

Said by "Emperor" John MacAfee to then-President-Elect Barack Obama. He suffered a mental break because of the economic crisis, but was able to use his corporate connections to gain a TV interview with CNBC on the topic along with the President. He was persuaded to hospitalize himself when Peter Norton of NortonLifeLock convinced him that, as a descendent of Emperor Joshua Norton, he was the proper Emperor of the United States. MacAfee was able to retain his properties for long enough so that their value rebounded, allowing him to live comfortably, if not extravagantly.

"One Voter. Sixteen thousand, four hundred and seventy-two votes. A slight anomaly?"

"One Voter. Sixteen thousand, four hundred and seventy-two votes. A slight anomaly?"
A slightly misheard quote.
It was supposed to be volts.
An American journalist was in the laboratory of Nikolai Tesla (who had a thick accent) while his assistants was reporting the results of a prototype step up generator.
The eventual production unit was used in American and International homes and businesses for nearly a century.
Not enough posts with multiple choices. To that end:
No stupid martian is going to stop me from getting married. To hell with you!
Or
This friend of yours, just before she left, did she punch you in the face? Stop bleeping me!
Or
I missed my wedding, lost my job and became a widow on the same day. Sort of.

“I missed my wedding, lost my job and became a widow on the same day. Sort of.”
Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha months after being detained by supporters of Prince Alexander of Orange on February 10, 1849, the day of his planned wedding to Queen Victoria. After the Orangists forged letters from “Albert” to the Queen saying that he had been overcome by a horror of marrying her (couldn’t stand to see her face), Victoria never forgave him, even as he pled with her and explained. Victoria married Alexander of Orange instead, Albert thus losing any chance of becoming Prince-Consort of the United Kingdom. He declared Victoria dead to him, returned home to Germany, and for the rest of his life forced his servants to filter out all news of Victoria so that he never had to read about her.

“We came, we saw, we conquered the world. Now for a greater challenge.”

“I missed my wedding, lost my job and became a widow on the same day. Sort of.”
Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha months after being detained by supporters of Prince Alexander of Orange on February 10, 1849, the day of his planned wedding to Queen Victoria. After the Orangists forged letters from “Albert” to the Queen saying that he had been overcome by a horror of marrying her (couldn’t stand to see her face), Victoria never forgave him, even as he pled with her and explained. Victoria married Alexander of Orange instead, Albert thus losing any chance of becoming Prince-Consort of the United Kingdom. He declared Victoria dead to him, returned home to Germany, and for the rest of his life forced his servants to filter out all news of Victoria so that he never had to read about her.

“We came, we saw, we conquered the world. Now for a greater challenge.”
The Mongol general Subotai after the Mongol Armies conquered the known world. The Great Khan would face a harder challenge: actually ruling it.

If the election was a test, Russia got a mere 40 out of 100.

The Mongol general Subotai after the Mongol Armies conquered the known world. The Great Khan would face a harder challenge: actually ruling it.

A pundit commentating on the 2012 elections for President of Russia, noting how 40% of the population voted against Putin, due to the large scandals made over voter fruad and election fruad aimed at him along with attacking opposition candidates along with his failures in handling the Great Recession. While Russian media tried spinning this off as showing the majority supporting Putin, this would backfire when Putin would be attacked by an aide and died of injuries, with associates of the aides releasing further scandalous information and Putin breaking rules, along with accusations aimed at co-conspirators.

"We will not let Rome nor Europe dictate our destiny! We have learned from the examples of the Orthodoxy of the East, the Anglicans and the Protestants. I speak for every Catholic here in the Americas when I saw this is our new day! The birth of the Novomundi Catholic Church! For the New worlders, by the new worlders!"

Russia managed to infiltrate America's first fully-computerized Presidential election; however, they changed every vote to "Cory Baxter."

"4chan was thrilled."

EDIT: Looks like I was a minute late. Oh, well- take your pick.

Last edited:
"We will not let Rome nor Europe dictate our destiny! We have learned from the examples of the Orthodoxy of the East, the Anglicans and the Protestants. I speak for every Catholic here in the Americas when I saw this is our new day! The birth of the Novomundi Catholic Church! For the New worlders, by the new worlders!"
"4chan was thrilled."
The first quote was said by Pope Ringo I (who named himself that as a joke on the fact there was a pope john, a pope paul and a pope gregory - george), the first elected pope of the Novomundi Catholic Church, which was weird for being a combination of incredibly flippant and irreverent in how they practiced their faith, including to the point of including Memes in their scripture, but equally, rooted in a very devout approach to basic catholic teachings they believed the church in rome had squandered, though updated for the modern age (female priests, married priests, a complete restructuring of the nature of bishops, a sharing of power between the Pope and the power of Ecumenical Councils, no homophobia, etc).

The latter comment was said by an internet commenter when it came out that many of the memes in the Novomundi scripture could be ultimately sources to 4chan.

Take this as a learning opportunity - Next time you decide to take a vacation hell, remember to pack a nuclear bomb or two.

Take this as a learning opportunity - Next time you decide to take a vacation hell, remember to pack a nuclear bomb or two.
Line stated by Indian army sergeant Aarav Rajkumar, who would be captured by Iranian soldiers in the Indian-Iranian war. Rajkumar would be held captive throughout most of the war, before eventually hatching an escape plan with 27 other pow's in April 1979. This escape attempt while successful Rajkumar and three other prisoners, would see the remaining 23 prisoners recaptured and later executed. Rajkumar would later be recaptured and held prisoner for the remainder of the conflict. The war would come to an end in 1982 when Iranian forces marched on Chennai, which had be made acting capital of India following the evacuation of New Delhi in response to mass bombings in 1980. Rajkumar would return to India and later go on to lead a successful career as a member of India's conservative party.

"Many great things were born from accidents; popsicles, the pacemaker, life, death, Humans."

"Many great things were born from accidents; popsicles, the pacemaker, life, death, Humans."
Line cut from Doctor Lovestrange or How I learnt to stop worrying and love the War describing the creation of the nuclear bomb. Movie was controversially shelved after real (but limited) nuclear war broke out soon after release.

"Take care of each other. And make each other feel important. And if you can do that, you'll have a happy and wonderful marriage…Like two out of every ten clones".

"Take care of each other. And make each other feel important. And if you can do that, you'll have a happy and wonderful marriage…Like two out of every ten clones".

Said by Bob Hawkins an American preacher turned anarchist, disillusioned by religion and most modern conventions, he saw them as methods to derive people of their individuality, turning them into “clones”. The specific quote above was shockingly said during a wedding he administered, after which he tore of his clerical gown and stormed out of the church.

“Hitler and Stalin, genocidal dictators or the first true bromance?”

Said by Bob Hawkins an American preacher turned anarchist, disillusioned by religion and most modern conventions, he saw them as methods to derive people of their individuality, turning them into “clones”. The specific quote above was shockingly said during a wedding he administered, after which he tore of his clerical gown and stormed out of the church.

“Hitler and Stalin, genocidal dictators or the first true bromance?”
Subtitle of the infamous fanfiction by internet user Sarah Blaine. It would become a popular meme for much of 2019 after a Reddit user found it four years after it being posted and linked it in a well-known meme subredddit. The fanfic would become subject of severe mockery due to its absurd premise and subpar writing. Eventually, its author would notice her early writing being mocked and go on to discredit the creation herself, while requesting the end of personal attacks on her.

"As a Jewish person, i must say that the recent elections in New Zion is an offense to the decency of the Jewish people. Vladimir Eidelstein is nothing but a dangerous, autocratic populist, and by electing him as President the people of New Zion are stating that they want to go into a path of Ultranationalism and Authoritarianism that goes against everything my people fought for in recent years."

"As a Jewish person, i must say that the recent elections in New Zion is an offense to the decency of the Jewish people. Vladimir Eidelstein is nothing but a dangerous, autocratic populist, and by electing him as President the people of New Zion are stating that they want to go into a path of Ultranationalism and Authoritarianism that goes against everything my people fought for in recent years."

Albert Einstein giving his thoughts on the expansionist policies of Eidelstein toward their neighbors. Sure enough, this would lead to the Middle Eastern War; a war between expanisionist New Zion with an opportunist Saudi Arabia against their neighbors. The entire thing was a colossal mess and after five years, Eidelstein would deposed and even hung a la Mussolini. The Saudi Royal family followed i"n it. Eventually, a new accord would arise led by the Hashemite Kingdom fo Transjordan. They would end up absorbing Syria and Arabia to create the Hashemite Kingdom of Arabia with New Zion becoming an autonomous province as Judea. The leadership of the various nationalist parties ivovled were tried for war crimes and exected. Iraq would become unstabilized and to prevent further trouble, the US itnervened as part of a new peace accord with Mossadegh and the American president for Iran to take it in their sphere along with the Emirates and Oman. Yemen meanwhile would fall into Ethiopia's sphere of influence after their victory in Eritrea.

"Okay, what is more suprising? That Israel became a monarchy or that it would end up in a personal union with Transjordan?"

"Okay, what is more suprising? That Israel became a monarchy or that it would end up in a personal union with Transjordan?"
Sikes to Picot after the Hashemites and other Arab nationalists managed to outflank the British and French by getting support for their Arab state from the Levant to Persia and most of Arabia from the Russian Republic (still led by Kerensky), the United States and from the Zionist movement. A deal was made that saw the King of Transjordan (a member state of the larger pan-Arab federation) become king in perpetual personal union, of Israel (which would also be a member state of the Federation, but with certain autonomous rights protected), which would be a welcome home to jewish settlers from all over the world, as long as the rights of local arab muslim and christians would be respected, which they were.

The Arab Federation, during the rise of Nazi Germany, actually personally funded the flight of some 120,000 Jews from Central and Eastern Europe, and accepted many more Jewish refugees.

At the end of the day, I think we can say the moral of the story is - always trust the guy with the toothbrush moustache.