Explain the AH Quote

Queen Victoria after she heard credible reports about Cecil Rhodes using the native population of Zimbabwe for slavery though it was banned. Cecil Rhodes defended the accusations by saying that he did pay the natives for their work but a deep investigation revealed that he was lying.

I have told everyone i have known, narcotics is a dirty business. I might be a criminal but i never sold drugs in my country and neither will you

Al Capone to Arnold Rothstein in 1928. The former, while eager to run booze, opposed narcotics. This led to one of the most brutal gang wars in American history. That ended with the bombing of the Waldorf Astoria in 1929, that killed Rothstein.

The events led to the repeal of the Drug War under President LaGuardia in 1933.

You think you're a mighty warrior. Your not. You're an animal, a beast, a sadist who causes pain. The only loyalty you have is to your sick whims.

You think you're a mighty warrior. Your not. You're an animal, a beast, a sadist who causes pain. The only loyalty you have is to your sick whims.
Date Masamune spoke this to a Spanish conquistador leader after the Battle of Yamasei in Japan's korean colonies.

"The only scarier story then this one itself is one of the man who wrote it."

Last edited:
Date Masamune spoke this to a Spanish conquistador leader after the Battle of Yamasei in Japan's korean colonies.

"The only thing scarier story then this one itself is one of the man who wrote it."

Comment by a film critic on the film No Comfort. One of the most infamous examples of found journals, written by the ill-fated explorer Ernest Shackleton, during his doomed exploration of Antarctica. The expedition failed, and Shackleton and his crew perished due to starvation and hypothermia.

His journal, found in 1935, was published by Shackleton's heirs and adapted for a movie in 1987.

They question my loyalty to our nation. I say my loyalty to one group: humanity. That is who I fight for. Not for the wealth of a few, but for the millions who suffer.

They question my loyalty to our nation. I say my loyalty to one group: humanity. That is who I fight for. Not for the wealth of a few, but for the millions who suffer.
Spoken by colonial administrator turned communist dictator Ian Smith, whose unilateral declaration from the British Empire brought about swift condemnation from the rest of the Anglosphere.

"Sadly, our arranged marriage to Vienna is the only bulwark against Germany's relentless lust for land."

Spoken by colonial administrator turned communist dictator Ian Smith, whose unilateral declaration from the British Empire brought about swift condemnation from the rest of the Anglosphere.

"Sadly, our arranged marriage to Vienna is the only bulwark against Germany's relentless lust for land."

Louis XVI's comment to his ministers when they tried to talk him out of marrying Maria Antonia, the Austrian Emperor's youngest and favourite sister. The French distrusted the Austrians and were pushing for Louis to strengthen the centuries old 'Auld Alliance' and marry the younger daughter of the monarchs of Albion, Arabella Howard-Stewart, Duchess of Gloucester and Ross, whom Louis had known since childhood and always liked - though he hadn't seen her in five years, when her parents had returned to Albion after being restored to their thrones by a successful coup against Parliamentary rebels.

"Am I no longer beautiful? Is that it? Is that why my husband found so much more pleasure in his harlot's bed than in mine?"

Louis XVI's comment to his ministers when they tried to talk him out of marrying Maria Antonia, the Austrian Emperor's youngest and favourite sister. The French distrusted the Austrians and were pushing for Louis to strengthen the centuries old 'Auld Alliance' and marry the younger daughter of the monarchs of Albion, Arabella Howard-Stewart, Duchess of Gloucester and Ross, whom Louis had known since childhood and always liked - though he hadn't seen her in five years, when her parents had returned to Albion after being restored to their thrones by a successful coup against Parliamentary rebels.

"Am I no longer beautiful? Is that it? Is that why my husband found so much more pleasure in his harlot's bed than in mine?"

Empress Jacqueline of the American Royal Union, after discovering King Jack's affair with Countess Monroe!

"I found my cause. Protecting these children from your madness!"

"It was inevitable. And it was civil war"

-General William Tecumseh Sherman of the US Army, about atrocities committed by him and his troops against the rebelling Southerners.

"Fall of East Asia, North America and Australia to Anarchism was unfortunate. However It was worth liberating the Caribbean and South America from American and Chinese tyranny. Their Republicanism was not truly democratic as our Liberal Republicanism and Constitutional Monarchy is. European Confederation and our allies have finally won in the long struggle against Counter-Revolution."

Last edited:
-The Diary of Winston Churchill Winston Churchill, addressing a joint assembly of Parliament and various European monarchs and democratic governing official on the end on the Sino-American war, causing the collapse of the Imperial Chinese Empire and the American Monarchy, led by Alexander XVI of the house of Hamilton.

“Stop the revolutionaries! The North will foil the experiment!”

-The Diary of Winston Churchill Winston Churchill, addressing a joint assembly of Parliament and various European monarchs and democratic governing official on the end on the Sino-American war, causing the collapse of the Imperial Chinese Empire and the American Monarchy, led by Alexander XVI of the house of Hamilton.

“Stop the revolutionaries! The North will foil the experiment!”

The Experiment was the continuation of the "Peculiar Institution" of Slavery. The above was said by southerners against secession--because the United States of America would go down and crush them. These words proved to be prophetic.

Sadly, every country and their leaders seems to have forgotten the votes and speeches, and now only understands iron and blood.

The Experiment was the continuation of the "Peculiar Institution" of Slavery. The above was said by southerners against secession--because the United States of America would go down and crush them. These words proved to be prophetic.

Sadly, every country and their leaders seems to have forgotten the votes and speeches, and now only understands iron and blood.

New York Senator Franklin Roosevelt, lamenting growth of Fascism throughout the 1930s. Roosevelt became a leading member of the Internationalist wing of the Democratic Party, and would be a leading figure in the Great Atlantic War.

"I'd rather live under an imbecile President than a Great King. True freedom is bigger than the men at the top."

New York Senator Franklin Roosevelt, lamenting growth of Fascism throughout the 1930s. Roosevelt became a leading member of the Internationalist wing of the Democratic Party, and would be a leading figure in the Great Atlantic War.

"I'd rather live under an imbecile President than a Great King. True freedom is bigger than the men at the top."
Andrew Jackson was a federalising man, and some called him a dictate. He often said that it was his duty to protect the states from themselves and the union from them. A detractor once called out 'all hail King Andrew The First of House Jackson!'. The above was his response. He never did anything truly unconstitutional, and refrained from following upon the Indian Removal Acts he himself had proposed. this earned him a spot as a great presidents to later americans, who after the civil war, had a keen interest in a strong federal government.

"God won't be enough. May God almighty and Lucifer the morning star save us." Pope Pius VII, 1821

"God won't be enough. May God almighty and Lucifer the morning star save us." Pope Pius VII, 1821
An excerpt from a slanderous article written in an Anti-Catholic magazine in Germany; 1921.

"When I lived in Brussels, the fact I had so little in common with other people meant I was often lonely. The Catholic Church in Belgium was one of the few places where I felt some way to fit. It was also where I was first exposed to Hergé..."
- Shigeru Miyamoto, aka "Sanctuaire"; a nickname based loosely on his surname

An excerpt from a slanderous article written in an Anti-Catholic magazine in Germany; 1921.

"When I lived in Brussels, the fact I had so little in common with other people meant I was often lonely. The Catholic Church in Belgium was one of the few places where I felt some way to fit. It was also where I was first exposed to Hergé..."
- Shigeru Miyamoto, aka "Sanctuaire"; a nickname based loosely on his surname

Japanese refugee turned Belgian-animator Shigeru Miyamoto in the documentary The Rise of Jumpman 2008

Miyamoto become one of millions of refugees given asylum after the collapse of the Japanese Empire in the 1960s. After overcoming discrimination and poverty, Miyamoto went on to create Jumpman , a superpowered carpenter who defeats (evil) Americans. By 1980s, Jumpman had become a symbol of Belgium.

"He's a dime store Ivan the Terrible."

Japanese refugee turned Belgian-animator Shigeru Miyamoto in the documentary The Rise of Jumpman 2008

Miyamoto become one of millions of refugees given asylum after the collapse of the Japanese Empire in the 1960s. After overcoming discrimination and poverty, Miyamoto went on to create Jumpman , a superpowered carpenter who defeats (evil) Americans. By 1980s, Jumpman had become a symbol of Belgium.

"He's a dime store Ivan the Terrible."
Joseph Stalin discussing Hitler. "At lest Ivan could prove his worth and did not lose to France and England with a larger army" is the rest of the quote

"The nineteenth century was the british century, stolen from the hands of the french people. Today, I usher in the French Century, restored from its usurpers. May our century last a thousand more!" -Prince Louis, London. 1921

"The nineteenth century was the british century, stolen from the hands of the french people. Today, I usher in the French Century, restored from its usurpers. May our century last a thousand more!" -Prince Louis, London. 1921
A failed attempt at humour by a drunk (then) Prince Louis in an interview with some members of the press who had ambushed him during a vacation to London. In his youth the prince was quite gaff prone, and many were glad that he was third in line for succession, however fate would have it that he (as King of Spain) would save France from German occupation.

"Harper Lee, J. D. Salinger, Thomas Pynchon, Isaac Asimov, and Francis E. Dec. Those are the five pillars of post war American literature, and their works are present in the syllabi of any university course on the subject."

"Harper Lee, J. D. Salinger, Thomas Pynchon, Isaac Asimov, and Francis E. Dec. Those are the five pillars of post war American literature, and their works are present in the syllabi of any university course on the subject."
A line for the four-part 2012 documentary Let's Stop Talking Falsely (paraphrased from a Bob Dylan Song The Watchtower), about the spread of propaganda during the Cold War and into the Paratomic Age, starting with the Nuking of Varadero. The line refers to how they all in some way criticised president Charles Lindbergh's postwar policies even beyond death with his infamous Purple Cabal that last top the early 1970's. Asinov and Salinger's writings were also notable for launching certain resistance movements towards it all.

"The last time something this bad happened to Yucatánia, the dinosaurs went kaput!"

Last edited:
"The last time something this bad happened to Yucatánia, the dinosaurs went kaput!"
A New York Times article during the Yucatán Missile Crisis, where Soviets nuclear missiles were detected on Communist Mexico. The crisis lead to one of the closest moments the world has to nuclear war.

"There was this artist during the renaissance, Michelangelo. He was once asked how he creates his sculptures. He answered: “simple, I take a stone and remove everything unnecessary”. Understand? Beauty is when there is nothing unnecessary. Nothing out of place. And at war there is only life... and death. And nothing unnecessary. War is beautiful"

"There was this artist during the renaissance, Michelangelo. He was once asked how he creates his sculptures. He answered: “simple, I take a stone and remove everything unnecessary”. Understand? Beauty is when there is nothing unnecessary. Nothing out of place. And at war there is only life... and death. And nothing unnecessary. War is beautiful"
A line from the alternate historical novel The Hammer of Ogun, which imagines a timeline where various hangharian [ATL Europe] nations were able to conquer Meritochia [ATL Africa], initially by striking deals to get at slaves and bring their type of christianity there to convert, often forcibly.

"From Paramount Pictures and Academy Award Winners Samuel L. Jackson and the Coen brothers comes a not-so-inspirational true story."

Last edited:
From Paramount Pictures and Academy Award Winners Samuel L. Jackson and the Coen brothers comes a not-so-inspirational true story
Tagline for Papa Doc, a 2012 biopic about the Haitian dictator Francois Duvalier. Samuel L. Jackson earned an Oscar of Best Actor for his role of Duvalier, who's family continued to (mis)rule the island nation all the way until 2008 where they were overthrown by a military coup.

"The German Empire and the Soviet Union are the two pillars of the civillized world"