Explain the AH Quote

During the Dimacedonian War, General Adonis Hapsburg spoke this during a meeting led by King Alexander II, proposing taking back land from the Sufayid Empire to get at key farmland and rivers. Alexander agreed, and commenced the Komas Lockdown. This was a strategic disaster, spurring on the Sufayids to launch retaliatory attacks that led to Greece being crushed.

"I'm not trying to corrupt the youth of America with my blood and violent profanity-filled games, Mrs. Bush. I'm just trying to get their money like any devout american christian should."
the ceo of EA when Mrs. Bush (first lady 2000-2008) accused his games of being satanic. Naturally this quip went over less than spectacular with the christian right of the nation, but it also kept damn near every young voter from supporting the GOP for a few years, making president Obama wildly successful,.

"Enough! I am Emperor of Japan, and I will not allow this to continue. You commit genocide, make games of rape and behead children for sport? This is unfitting the heirs of the Samurai. This is dishonorable, and beyond that completely horrid. I know that your treasonous military junta may well have my head for this statement, and have been broadcasting this through radio. To the people of Japan i speak now to you- resist these monsters that have seized our empire. Raise hell. Burn kyoto to the ground- it is just a city. Do what you must to save Japan, Korea, and more. And know that i am with you, not just in spirit, but in body- i have shed my regalia and am hiding out in Tokyo. TOGETHER WE CAN SAVE JAPAN!"-1936

"Enough! I am Emperor of Japan, and I will not allow this to continue. You commit genocide, make games of rape and behead children for sport? This is unfitting the heirs of the Samurai. This is dishonorable, and beyond that completely horrid. I know that your treasonous military junta may well have my head for this statement, and have been broadcasting this through radio. To the people of Japan i speak now to you- resist these monsters that have seized our empire. Raise hell. Burn kyoto to the ground- it is just a city. Do what you must to save Japan, Korea, and more. And know that i am with you, not just in spirit, but in body- i have shed my regalia and am hiding out in Tokyo. TOGETHER WE CAN SAVE JAPAN!"-1936
The infamous Mukden Telegram hoax of 1936 briefly triggered an existential crisis in Imperial Japan as the Emperor appeared to issue an order for national self-destruction in the name of national self-preservation. Though quickly exposed as the work of a particularly dangerous element of the Imperial Way faction of the IJA, leading to a rapid purge and reorganisation of the body, civilians taking matters into their own hands would trigger the Great Fire of Tokyo as a direct result of the telegram.

"The peas are nice dear."
"Mmm, yes they are good, aren't they?"

The infamous Mukden Telegram hoax of 1936 briefly triggered an existential crisis in Imperial Japan as the Emperor appeared to issue an order for national self-destruction in the name of national self-preservation. Though quickly exposed as the work of a particularly dangerous element of the Imperial Way faction of the IJA, leading to a rapid purge and reorganisation of the body, civilians taking matters into their own hands would trigger the Great Fire of Tokyo as a direct result of the telegram.

"The peas are nice dear."
"Mmm, yes they are good, aren't they?"
Mrs. Downlight, a novel by Theodora William. It features a woman who makes her living by repeatedly marrying rich men and killing them. The one time she goes to prison is the one time she didnt kill her husband. The above are the opening lines of the story, when she kills her first husband at 23.

"The kaiser can be forgiven for his ignorance, his nation is young. ... ah, marvelous. I'm receiving reports now that the bombs our espionage department had placed all over the Rhine have gone off without a hitch. Kaiser Wilhelm, if you're listening? I offer you peace, simply leave france and we can forget this whole thing ever happened. If not? I have bombs in Berlin, Dresden, even Hamburg. And that's before we get to the navies."- 1908

"The kaiser can be forgiven for his ignorance, his nation is young. ... ah, marvelous. I'm receiving reports now that the bombs our espionage department had placed all over the Rhine have gone off without a hitch. Kaiser Wilhelm, if you're listening? I offer you peace, simply leave france and we can forget this whole thing ever happened. If not? I have bombs in Berlin, Dresden, even Hamburg. And that's before we get to the navies."- 1908
A quote by King George V, Emperor of the Angleand and Crown Colonies to Kaiser Wilhelm III on the eve of the Third European War. After Britain's decisive defeat in the First and Second Wars France lay occupied by German troops and most of Europe was under the German heel. However, with the aid of the newly created Crown Secretive Service (CSS) George was able to sabotage major German supply routes on the Rhine and in Western Germany. With those crippled the Anglish were able to land in France and start the decades long Continental Campaign.

"I've killed women with more balls than you Mr President!"

A quote by King George V, Emperor of the Angleand and Crown Colonies to Kaiser Wilhelm III on the eve of the Third European War. After Britain's decisive defeat in the First and Second Wars France lay occupied by German troops and most of Europe was under the German heel. However, with the aid of the newly created Crown Secretive Service (CSS) George was able to sabotage major German supply routes on the Rhine and in Western Germany. With those crippled the Anglish were able to land in France and start the decades long Continental Campaign.

"I've killed women with more balls than you Mr President!"

Great man history is frowned upon nowadays. The concept that individuals steer the course of nations through their own sheer personal presence. A aura, a command of ones surroundings that brands them deeply into any memory of that time, that place, that mood of a moment. If there is truly anyone deserving of the title, it would be General Rodrigo Cuna. The General is today best known for his guerilla war against the Colombian army, but his legacy was far greater than any rebel leader. The General was as much a practiced politican as he was a jungle fighter. A man of surprising roots that dealt in blunt rhetoric with the same cold business acumen of a arms dealer. After the 2nd Civil War rocked Gran Colombia in the mid-50s, he rose to prominence as the son of a notable tatacoa, 'snake' backwoods drug barons made rich off the trade into nearby Ayacucho State across the border. He soon distinguished himself in combat, leading a division of the M.R.G.C during many of that armies notable victories: Achacara, Santa Rosa, and others. He became idolized by his men. His rival generals soon felt threatened by his political skills, but their botched assasination attempt only supercharged his career. It gave credence to his now-infamous paranoia. One is not crazy, if they are actually out to get you.

After the peace of 1957 he joined the National Congress as a party member of the 'reformed' M.R.G.C. He placed himself on many international trips, calculating he could build his reputation internationally while also making it more difficult for his rivals within the country to keep track of him. Funds diverted from state visits built safehouses from Peking to San Francisco (he would at one point, have seven houses in this part of Mexico alone). It was one of these trips that preserved one of his most famous, or notorious statements. During a meeting with the US President Grammar, Rodrido was disgusted by how the President faltered before a tough question at a press conference. During a later dinner, he cut the conversation with: "I've killed women with more balls than you Mr President!". General Cuna in fact used the slang phrase curuba, a Muisca term that refers to the testicles. No doubt the effectiveness of the insult was undercut by the Presidents utter confusion at the meaning of the word. But he understood the context well enough. The General would not be invited to any further visits to the US, until he was able to force the issue after his election as Prime Minister in 65.

"By God and St. George get off me Thomas!"

Last edited:
You must have mistaken this thread for one in Chat.

NO CURRENT POLITICS OUTSIDE OF CHAT
So creating scenarios where Trump gets impeached or drinks molten iron (yes, both are from this thread) is A-OK but creating a scenario where he wins the 2020 election triggers a mod response? :confused:
"By God and St. George get off me Thomas!"
Quote from the 2018 film Thomas & the Great Rail Race. Based on the Thomas & Friends books, this Mattel-made film reimagines the talking trains of Sodor as steampunk A.I. automatons (operated by mechanical Babbage computers) in a futuristic yet quasi-Victorian setting. The main conflict of the film centres on the Sodor Rail Line wanting to retire Thomas & co. and replace them with new Chinese models. This prompts Thomas to threaten the rail-barron Sir Topham Hatt (played by Jim Carey in a fat suit), making Hatt believe the rogue train will crush him to death unless he agrees to its terms (hence the “By God and St. George get off me Thomas!” line). In the end Topham caves and allows Thomas and his friends to perform a head to head race with their would-be Chinese replacements to show that the older models still have what it takes to do their job.

Although a moderate financial success, the movie was accused by some parties of having Sinophobic & anti-immigrant subtext.

“The Tsar, the Sultan and the King all went to Kiev one day. The next day one was drunk, one was dead and the third was suddenly a President instead of a monarch.”

Quote from the 2018 film Thomas & the Great Rail Race. Based on the Thomas & Friends books, this Mattel-made film reimagines the talking trains of Sodor as steampunk A.I. automatons (operated by mechanical Babbage computers) in a futuristic yet quasi-Victorian setting. The main conflict of the film centres on the Sodor Rail Line wanting to retire Thomas & co. and replace them with new Chinese models. This prompts Thomas to threaten the rail-barron Sir Topham Hatt (played by Jim Carey in a fat suit), making Hatt believe the rogue train will crush him to death unless he agrees to its terms (hence the “By God and St. George get off me Thomas!” line). In the end Topham caves and allows Thomas and his friends to perform a head to head race with their would-be Chinese replacements to show that the older models still have what it takes to do their job.

Although a moderate financial success, the movie was accused by some parties of having Sinophobic & anti-immigrant subtext.

“The Tsar, the Sultan and the King all went to Kiev one day. The next day one was drunk, one was dead and the third was suddenly a President instead of a monarch.”

A common joke among the Russians, in reference to the disastrous Kiev Conference during the Crimean War. When the Russian tsar was drunk and elsewhere, assassins hired by the Ottomans assassinated Shah Rava III of Iran. Meanwhile, a revolution in France forced the king to make concessions.

"Ah, trying to subdue China. Because nobody else tried that before! And it certainly hasn't gone wrong over and over again!"

A common joke among the Russians, in reference to the disastrous Kiev Conference during the Crimean War. When the Russian tsar was drunk and elsewhere, assassins hired by the Ottomans assassinated Shah Rava III of Iran. Meanwhile, a revolution in France forced the king to make concessions.

"Ah, trying to subdue China. Because nobody else tried that before! And it certainly hasn't gone wrong over and over again!"

Joke in the 1968 Commonwealth* movie In the Halls of Nanjing. The joke references the historical inability to conquer China.

* Commonwealth is TTL US and Ontario as one nation.

War is not a strength, but the greatest weakness of man. I respect men who keep their cool, not those who bicker.

Fascist leader Tito of Serbia, who's fighting against a US-led Allied invasion

"How many Colombians does it take to screw off a lightbulb? None, the lightbulb screws off for them. That's how lucky they are."
Winston Churchill making a joke about how the American continent was unfazed by either world war, and how the wars seem to just barely miss getting them involved.

"So you're telling me you've launched us into a war with Sweden? The only nation who can challenge us on the seas as well as land?? ARE YOU DAFT MAN?! Fetch me Arthur Cumbria, he can fix this. Who else is involved? France? Spain?"

[...]

"America!!? You've doomed Britain you fu--"

Winston Churchill making a joke about how the American continent was unfazed by either world war, and how the wars seem to just barely miss getting them involved.

"So you're telling me you've launched us into a war with Sweden? The only nation who can challenge us on the seas as well as land?? ARE YOU DAFT MAN?! Fetch me Arthur Cumbria, he can fix this. Who else is involved? France? Spain?"

[...]

"America!!? You've doomed Britain you fu--"

Words from President Brian Cohen of Britain during WWIII, moments before being wiped out by a nuclear explosion

“For a nation that boasts a lot of numbers, it’s a coincidence that a few machine guns can take care of them.”

Words from President Brian Cohen of Britain during WWIII, moments before being wiped out by a nuclear explosion

“For a nation that boasts a lot of numbers, it’s a coincidence that a few machine guns can take care of them.”
Theodore Roosevelt at the Los Angeles Conference, 1901, partitioning China between Britain, France, Portugal, Germany, Russia, Japan, and the United States

“Do we really have to fight another 33 years in some stupid tropical wasteland full of ungrateful yellowmen? It cost us our morale and our pride. Even the president is going nuts!”

“Do we really have to fight another 33 years in some stupid tropical wasteland full of ungrateful yellowmen? It cost us our morale and our pride. Even the president is going nuts!”
Former Denver Bullriders player Terrence Bradshaw said this on a podcast on the anglophone NFL's rivalry with the primarily asian and latino Riograndan Football League. This comment inevitably sparked controversy to say the least.

"Ultimately my art is just a bunch of chemicals smeared on a sheet of cotton. I I had to pick between saving my entire body of works or a single human being from a fire, I'd picking saving the human."

Former Denver Bullriders player Terrence Bradshaw said this on a podcast on the anglophone NFL's rivalry with the primarily asian and latino Riograndan Football League. This comment inevitably sparked controversy to say the least.

"Ultimately my art is just a bunch of chemicals smeared on a sheet of cotton. I I had to pick between saving my entire body of works or a single human being from a fire, I'd picking saving the human."

Quote from Hans Zimmerman, a once famous artist that has fallen from grace and become so depressed and self-loathing about himself

“The new treaty severely humiliated the Axis Powers. After three decades of war, everyone wanted retribution for the death and destruction they have caused. The specter of fascism lies dead, and now a new hope would rise from the ashes.”

Quote from Hans Zimmerman, a once famous artist that has fallen from grace and become so depressed and self-loathing about himself

“The new treaty severely humiliated the Axis Powers. After three decades of war, everyone wanted retribution for the death and destruction they have caused. The specter of fascism lies dead, and now a new hope would rise from the ashes.”
Excerpt from History of the World, 2019 Edition, a high school textbook corresponding to a world history class. 50 years after the end of World War II, everyone on Earth lives in a newly forged increasingly tyrannical United States led government. People must be inherently perfect and lawful or they face the death penalty. Entertainment is state-sponsored, and investment in the police is at an all-time high. People are brainwashed to be as "well-behaved" as possible by state-sponsored mental therapy programs. People are forced to sleep, wake up, and eat at government-established times. It is a peaceful non-violent world, but no one is really happy, as fear is instilled in everyone's hearts.

"Who remembers Paraguay? Gosh no one not even themselves liked that pathetic sinkhole of a country."

Excerpt from History of the World, 2019 Edition, a high school textbook corresponding to a world history class. 50 years after the end of World War II, everyone on Earth lives in a newly forged increasingly tyrannical United States led government. People must be inherently perfect and lawful or they face the death penalty. Entertainment is state-sponsored, and investment in the police is at an all-time high. People are brainwashed to be as "well-behaved" as possible by state-sponsored mental therapy programs. People are forced to sleep, wake up, and eat at government-established times. It is a peaceful non-violent world, but no one is really happy, as fear is instilled in everyone's hearts.

"Who remembers Paraguay? Gosh no one not even themselves liked that pathetic sinkhole of a country."

King Pedro IV of the Brazilian Empire on the aftermath of the Paraguayan War

“Dead men usually tell no tales. Not this one though.”

“Dead men usually tell no tales. Not this one though.”
A quote by William Foster, 39th President of the United States to a reporter of the Denver Times. After his election the nation erupted into chaos as the right said the election was a sham, the moderate left accused the far left of dividing the country and the far left closed ranks around their President. After weeks of rioting in the South, protests in the North and unease in the West news broke that Foster had been killed by a bomb planted in the White House and the Army had taken control of the city while Congress prepared for new elections. Just two weeks later however Foster appeared in Denver very much not dead and spun a tale of deceit, treachery and treason that forced him to fake his death and flee West. The so called Assassination Crisis brought America to the brink of Civil War as states declared for the President in Denver or the President in Washington (Huey Long). The Crisis only ended when the Army once again stepped in and removed both Long and Foster from power and forcing the convening of the First Presidential Convention to choose a new President that the States would support.

"You commit a single war crime and suddenly everybody is up in arms! It wasn't like this in Atlantis."

A quote by William Foster, 39th President of the United States to a reporter of the Denver Times. After his election the nation erupted into chaos as the right said the election was a sham, the moderate left accused the far left of dividing the country and the far left closed ranks around their President. After weeks of rioting in the South, protests in the North and unease in the West news broke that Foster had been killed by a bomb planted in the White House and the Army had taken control of the city while Congress prepared for new elections. Just two weeks later however Foster appeared in Denver very much not dead and spun a tale of deceit, treachery and treason that forced him to fake his death and flee West. The so called Assassination Crisis brought America to the brink of Civil War as states declared for the President in Denver or the President in Washington (Huey Long). The Crisis only ended when the Army once again stepped in and removed both Long and Foster from power and forcing the convening of the First Presidential Convention to choose a new President that the States would support.

"You commit a single war crime and suddenly everybody is up in arms! It wasn't like this in Atlantis."

Lord Balfour putting Ataturk on trial for the Armenian genocide

“People need a government? Who wrote this stuff?”