Explain the AH Quote

The words of French Prime Minister Georges Clemenceau during the invasion and fall of Paris in 1918, as the Hungarian cavalry approached, and the subsequent fall of Paris and the end of the First World War, and French surrender. Clemenceau would later be imprisoned by the French restoration government.

"Edward Longshanks has conquered Wales, what is there to say he won't turn toward us as well?" King Alexander III of Scotland.
The prophetic words of King Alexander III of Scotland, spoken on his deathbed as news reached him of Edward I of England's conquest of Wales in the autumn of 1283. Alexander III died mere hours later, succeeded by his son who ruled as Alexander IV. The younger Alexander went on to die defending Scotland from Edward's invasion in 1298 at the Battle of Galashiels, a Pyrrhic victory for the English which repulsed them from Scotland for decades. The battle has since been immortalised by numerous songs, poems, and paintings.

"Lepidus is a low energy person. For him to get things done is hard. Weak, very weak." - Mark Antony

The prophetic words of King Alexander III of Scotland, spoken on his deathbed as news reached him of Edward I of England's conquest of Wales in the autumn of 1283. Alexander III died mere hours later, succeeded by his son who ruled as Alexander IV. The younger Alexander went on to die defending Scotland from Edward's invasion in 1298 at the Battle of Galashiels, a Pyrrhic victory for the English which repulsed them from Scotland for decades. The battle has since been immortalised by numerous songs, poems, and paintings.

"Lepidus is a low energy person. For him to get things done is hard. Weak, very weak." - Mark Antony

A quote taken from "Quo vado?", a parody film of the epic/historical movie genre.
Released in 1972 and directed by Mel Brooks, the movie effectively decostructs many tropes connected to movies like "Ben-Hur".

"I know it is unusual for a white man to join the Black Panthers, but i really enjoy violence and i also want to make the world a better place."

"I know it is unusual for a white man to join the Black Panthers, but i really enjoy violence and i also want to make the world a better place."

The first White Black Panther, George Lincoln Rockwell, in a 1966 letter to group founder Bobby Seale. Rockwell attempted to focus the Black Panthers on providing an alternative to racial integration, but eventually, his private racist views caused conflict with other members of the organization, culminating in his 1970 assassination by Malik el-Shabazz.

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
The first White Black Panther, George Lincoln Rockwell, in a 1966 letter to group founder Bobby Seale. Rockwell attempted to focus the Black Panthers on providing an alternative to racial integration, but eventually, his private racist views caused conflict with other members of the organization, culminating in his 1970 assassination by Malik el-Shabazz.

Create a quote, lad.

Indeed. Anyways, let's get back on track.

Only Abzug could go to Germania.
Astute observation by the Jerusalem Times. Israel's Ella Abzurg was the only foreign journalist allowed to interview Fuhrer Rudolf Hitler of Deutschland in his private palace of Germania. It was later leaked by staff that the Fuhrer and Miss Abzurg had a romantic liaison during her visit, a revelation that forced Rudolf to abdicate and led to Abzurg's firing. The young journalist took her own life three months later.

"We'll have you beady-eyed Anglos eating out of our hands soon enough." - Pierre Trudeau

Astute observation by the Jerusalem Times. Israel's Ella Abzurg was the only foreign journalist allowed to interview Fuhrer Rudolf Hitler of Deutschland in his private palace of Germania. It was later leaked by staff that the Fuhrer and Miss Abzurg had a romantic liaison during her visit, a revelation that forced Rudolf to abdicate and led to Abzurg's firing. The young journalist took her own life three months later.

"We'll have you beady-eyed Anglos eating out of our hands soon enough." - Pierre Trudeau

Pierre Trudeau, after his Quebec Liberte party (a Quebec Nationalist Party) took control of Quebec's government in 1981. By 1985, Quebec had successfully gained independence.

President Jimmy Carter? That would be apocalyptic!-Richard Nixon.

President Jimmy Carter? That would be apocalyptic!-Richard Nixon.

Comedian Richard Nixon announcing his last-minute bid to challenge Jimmy Carter of Georgia for the Democratic nomination in 1976. Documents concerning Nixon’s illegal efforts to prevent Carter’s presidency were famously found at the “water-gate” of Nixon’s campaign office. The child who found the files found them after being told to “wait here, Kate” while her mother (a Carter staffer) met with a Nixon staffer. The scandal became known as the “water-gate” scandal due to the child’s mispronounciation of what her mother said in an interview with CBS.

“Emperor Burr wishes to court your majesty, Princess Victoria”

Comedian Richard Nixon announcing his last-minute bid to challenge Jimmy Carter of Georgia for the Democratic nomination in 1976. Documents concerning Nixon’s illegal efforts to prevent Carter’s presidency were famously found at the “water-gate” of Nixon’s campaign office. The child who found the files found them after being told to “wait here, Kate” while her mother (a Carter staffer) met with a Nixon staffer. The scandal became known as the “water-gate” scandal due to the child’s mispronounciation of what her mother said in an interview with CBS.

“Emperor Burr wishes to court your majesty, Princess Victoria”

Ambassador Alexander Bonaparte to queen Victoria of the United Kingdom in 1838, trying to open a deal for a possible marriage between her and Edward Burr,emperor of Luisiana.
The queen however refused this deal,pointing out the brief partecipation of Edward's grandfather to the short-lived colonial rebellion of 1765.

"I set Mao Zedong on fire. I think i deserve a free drink."

"I set Mao Zedong on fire. I think i deserve a free drink."

The quote of an unnamed soldier living in the USA who helped win the Chinese Civil War. However, the mistreatment of the forces along with the general incompetency of the Kai-She administration meant the USA would end up having to do much of the grunt work in doing so, eventually backing up the Chinese Democratic League as the new power.

"We, the liberators of Latin America, shall ensure the protection and prosperity of Africa!"- President Theodore Roosevelt

The quote of an unnamed soldier living in the USA who helped win the Chinese Civil War. However, the mistreatment of the forces along with the general incompetency of the Kai-She administration meant the USA would end up having to do much of the grunt work in doing so, eventually backing up the Chinese Democratic League as the new power.

"We, the liberators of Latin America, shall ensure the protection and prosperity of Africa!"- President Theodore Roosevelt

Theodore Roosevelt, during what was called the second stage of World War I. The first stage had been invasion and destruction of Spain's colonial empire in the 1906-1908. The second stage involved the invasion and annihilation of Germany's Central African Empire.

While in his own time, Teddy was credited with "liberating" much of the world, many modern day historians claim his policies in the newly "liberated" territories had been racist and paternalistic.

There is no greater nation then America. While other nations were founded by empires, America was founded by men who thought of themselves as citizens, not nobles. There is no greater friend- Speech by Prime Minister Arbenz in Harvard, 1961.

There is no greater nation then America. While other nations were founded by empires, America was founded by men who thought of themselves as citizens, not nobles. There is no greater friend- Speech by Prime Minister Arbenz in Harvard, 1961.
George Arbenz, the sitting Prime Minister of the United States, desperately campaigning for his Farmer-Labor party's re-election over a (controversial at them time) tax reform which shifted most of the tax burden to the rich.

"We'll all miss the canals when we look at the asphalt roads that replaced them, and the skyscrapers over here are barely less ugly than the half-dozen cruise ships that used to be over there... but this was more than a land reclamation. It was a reclamation of Venice itself as a livable city."

"We'll all miss the canals when we look at the asphalt roads that replaced them, and the skyscrapers over here are barely less ugly than the half-dozen cruise ships that used to be over there... but this was more than a land reclamation. It was a reclamation of Venice itself as a livable city."

Wallace Breen, administrator of Earth for the Combine, proclaiming the reconstruction of Venice, Italy as City 42 via Breencast to hundreds, if not thousands of citizens nationwide.

"Here ye, I declare Lee Harvey Oswald's ghost busted by the Ghostbusters! ...and guilty. Whatever."

"Here ye, I declare Lee Harvey Oswald's ghost busted by the Ghostbusters! ...and guilty. Whatever."

A line from the only known existing draft of the script of Ghostbusters 3. Allegedly, the line was intended to be stated after a busting at a theater by Winston Zedmore, though Ernie Hudson dispelled that rumor out of hand in an interview on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. While Ghostbusters 3 did show much promise after Bill Murray finally came to the production team (stating that the wounds of Ghostbusters 2 had been healed), production ended up abandoned outright with the murder of Dan Aykroyd. Unfinished scenes featuring the team have since been released to the public, and his likeness and voice has been approved for use in an upcoming video game sequel, so fans still have some chance of closure from the franchise.

"My Warframe is the hand, and I am the will."

"My Warframe is the hand, and I am the will."
- Jack Kirby, popular video game video uploader, and a little too addicted to 'Warframe'.

"Hear ye, Hear ye, in the 26th year of our roman emperor, Tony Stark. The trial of the creatures named Doom, captain America, Nightcrawler, Thing, Iron Lad, and Rogue, will come to an end!"

- Jack Kirby, popular video game video uploader, and a little too addicted to 'Warframe'.

"Hear ye, Hear ye, in the 26th year of our roman emperor, Tony Stark. The trial of the creatures named Doom, captain America, Nightcrawler, Thing, Iron Lad, and Rogue, will come to an end!"
Quote from Avengers, issue 393: "The Saga of Starkus I". In the issue, The Avengers watch the occurrences of a parallel universe where the Roman Empire survived.

Tony Stark (latinized as Starkus) ascended to the position of emperor.

Doom, a druid of Celtic origin from deepest Pict lands who had been hired to kill Starkus.

Captain America, a Mohawk warrior who wished to free his people.

Nightcrawler, a blue skinned acrobat from Germania who worships the illegal religion of Christ.

The Thing, a gladiator made of solid rock. Sentenced to execution for inciting a slave rebellion.

Iron Lad, a "time traveller", claims to be a young Kang the Han conqueror.

And Rouge, Stark's former lover who sold his armor to rival emperor Rhodes of Al-Andulas.

"Fight, or die well men." -Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of The Kingdom of the North

Quote from Avengers, issue 393: "The Saga of Starkus I". In the issue, The Avengers watch the occurrences of a parallel universe where the Roman Empire survived.

Tony Stark (latinized as Starkus) ascended to the position of emperor.

Doom, a druid of Celtic origin from deepest Pict lands who had been hired to kill Starkus.

Captain America, a Mohawk warrior who wished to free his people.

Nightcrawler, a blue skinned acrobat from Germania who worships the illegal religion of Christ.

The Thing, a gladiator made of solid rock. Sentenced to execution for inciting a slave rebellion.

Iron Lad, a "time traveller", claims to be a young Kang the Han conqueror.

And Rouge, Stark's former lover who sold his armor to rival emperor Rhodes of Al-Andulas.

"Fight, or die well men." -Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of The Kingdom of the North

Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of the ancient Nordic Empire founded by Canut the Great. Churchill personally led the defense of Westminster against Atzec Empire troops during the Battle of London, the turning point during the Great Atlantic War.

"The interruption of communications can mean only one thing: Invasion!"
Polish General Mordecai Anielewicz

"The interruption of communications can mean only one thing: Invasion!"
Polish General Mordecai Anielewicz

General Anielewicz, a Polish Jew, warning about the invasion of Nazi Germany and the USSR into Poland and using his various connections for aid and assistance. This included successfully having the Nordic nations sign a defense pact with him, deterring the Nazis and his battle against the USSR leading to a riot against the Communists. Leon Trotsky would become the new Premier and instead signed a defense with Anielewicz.

When Nazi Germany would try again, they would be crushed by the USSR and their new ally, the Red Intermarium, led by Prime Minister Anielewicz, Polish hero

"The Jews, the Assyrians, the Kurds... they are our brethren and I refuse to let them down. Turkey will not let them down!"- Mustafa Ataturk

General Anielewicz, a Polish Jew, warning about the invasion of Nazi Germany and the USSR into Poland and using his various connections for aid and assistance. This included successfully having the Nordic nations sign a defense pact with him, deterring the Nazis and his battle against the USSR leading to a riot against the Communists. Leon Trotsky would become the new Premier and instead signed a defense with Anielewicz.

When Nazi Germany would try again, they would be crushed by the USSR and their new ally, the Red Intermarium, led by Prime Minister Anielewicz, Polish hero

"The Jews, the Assyrians, the Kurds... they are our brethren and I refuse to let them down. Turkey will not let them down!"- Mustafa Ataturk

A quote taken from Mustafa Ataturk's speech "The turkish spirit" where he not only refused Hitler's "request" of letting german troops through Turkey to attack the URSS, but,knowing full well that an invasion was imminent, he also called on the turkish population to fight against the Germans and to remind them that europen invaders weren't welcomed in Turkey.

"Bring me more wine. There is no way i am going to do this without being completely drunk."

A quote taken from Mustafa Ataturk's speech "The turkish spirit" where he not only refused Hitler's "request" of letting german troops through Turkey to attack the URSS, but,knowing full well that an invasion was imminent, he also called on the turkish population to fight against the Germans and to remind them that europen invaders weren't welcomed in Turkey.

"Bring me more wine. There is no way i am going to do this without being completely drunk."

Henry VIII, upon being told that he had no choice but to consummate his marriage to the Lady Anne of Cleves, lest the Protestant majority in his Kingdom rose up and replaced their Catholic monarch with one of his infant heirs, such as the Prince Edward or the Princess Elizabeth, both of whom they had kidnapped the previous year and were holding to ransom in Skipton Castle.

"You, the most hated gentleman in England, thought it safe to allow your daughter, a child of six, to be among the crowd that day? You, Sir Winston Churchill, are a fool!"