Exordium: A timeline starting from 1840 to a tri-polar 2020

Hi there! This will be a thread for me to post teasers and glimpses of content for my collaborative world-building project, Exordium. While a comprehensive, prose-based timeline does not yet exist for Exordium, I do have multiple graphics prepared for it, and a work-in-progress Wiki.

If one were to phrase the premise of Exordium in terms of a "what if" question, it would be "What if the Co-Prosperity Sphere won WW2, but Germany still failed?" However, this doesn't really come close to summing up what I intended for this timeline. As the timeline goes all the way up to 2020, there was no clear victor in the Cold War, and all three factions succeeded and failed in multiple proxy wars, while failing to physically destroy each other- instead, the Cold War ends with detente and peaceful co-existence.

A core goal of this project is to ensure that every single country starts out in an interesting situation, and we purposefully try to avoid both revanchist fantasies and ignoring regions of the world as uninteresting or bound to end up in a similar result to OTL. To do this, we discard the traditional practice of having one Point of Divergence with having multiple, some of which directly lead to each other, but they all aim to provide justification for a unique starting situation.

exordium%20world%20map.png

At the moment, I'm thinking of making this a Victoria 3 mod, since the Hearts of Iron 4 modding community is rather over-saturated. I'm happy to answer any questions you all may have, and if you are interesting, feel free to join us on our discord!

Last edited:
cool concept! I'll watch with interest :) Only one I recognise on "this week's guesses" is Frank Walter Steinmeier in the centre right and probably the Dutch head of government in centre top (based on the tulip fields).

cool concept! I'll watch with interest :) Only one I recognise on "this week's guesses" is Frank Walter Steinmeier in the centre right and probably the Dutch head of government in centre top (based on the tulip fields).
Close, but no cigar. The center right was Andrew Mitchell from England! From now on, these Exordles will have the countries of each leader listed on the top right to make things easier.

exordle%203.png

So it’s a crapsack world, I recognise Thierry Baudet as a leader of Greather Netherlands. We are truly fucked.

Close, but no cigar. The center right was Andrew Mitchell from England! From now on, these Exordles will have the countries of each leader listed on the top right to make things easier.

exordle%203.png
Top right is Muammar Gaddafi and the centre right one definitely resembles Brock Lesnar a great deal x'D bottom left could be Nicola Sturgeon, not sure though.

Top right is Muammar Gaddafi and the centre right one definitely resembles Brock Lesnar a great deal x'D bottom left could be Nicola Sturgeon, not sure though.
You're right about Gaddafi and Sturgeon, nice try with Lesnar, though! I made a list of U.S. presidents that you will be able to elect in the mod- the entire first row we will aim to make playable by release, with America First Party Trump being the starting leader and up for re-election against Progressive Party Sanders and Republican Party Obama.
exordium%20presidents%20rework.png

postmodernday.png

Forgot to post this until now, but I collected all of the Exordles we did so far into here. Apologies if this thread seems kind of boring, I assure you that we will have more content to show off once Victoria 3 comes out.

I started work on the Victoria 3 mod for my timeline. It'll take a while to come out, but I'm excited to make more progress.

some%20screenshots.png

Hi there! This will be a thread for me to post teasers and glimpses of content for my collaborative world-building project, Exordium. While a comprehensive, prose-based timeline does not yet exist for Exordium, I do have multiple graphics prepared for it, and a work-in-progress Wiki.

If one were to phrase the premise of Exordium in terms of a "what if" question, it would be "What if the Co-Prosperity Sphere won WW2, but Germany still failed?" However, this doesn't really come close to summing up what I intended for this timeline. As the timeline goes all the way up to 2020, there was no clear victor in the Cold War, and all three factions succeeded and failed in multiple proxy wars, while failing to physically destroy each other- instead, the Cold War ends with detente and peaceful co-existence.

A core goal of this project is to ensure that every single country starts out in an interesting situation, and we purposefully try to avoid both revanchist fantasies and ignoring regions of the world as uninteresting or bound to end up in a similar result to OTL. To do this, we discard the traditional practice of having one Point of Divergence with having multiple, some of which directly lead to each other, but they all aim to provide justification for a unique starting situation.

exordium%20world%20map.png

At the moment, I'm thinking of making this a Victoria 3 mod, since the Hearts of Iron 4 modding community is rather over-saturated. I'm happy to answer any questions you all may have, and if you are interesting, feel free to join us on our discord!
OTL, in 1930s there was an idea to rename Arkhangelsk ("City of Michael the Archangel") to Vinogradov, Stalinoport of Lesopilsk ("Sawmill City")