Eva peron

I have seen it argued that if she had lived, she would have dissuaded her husband from one of his biggest mistakes of 1954-5--the attack on the Church. I am not sure whether that is true:

"Savior or not, she remained ambivalent about the Catholic Church. And it would be three more decades before her feelings about the church hierarchy would be made public in a memoir attributed to her: "In my Own Words," published for the first time in Argentina in 1987 and in the United States this year.

"The text lambastes Catholic clerics for "having betrayed Christ who was compassionate with the masses" by siding with the rich while showing "coldness and indifference" to the poor.

"Religion should be for the liberation of the people," she allegedly wrote, "because when man meets God he reaches the heights of his extraordinary dignity."

"Navarro and Evita's sisters do not believe that Eva Peron was the author of "In My Own Words." And historians such as Page, who wrote the introduction to the English translation, say the literary allusions suggest that at the very least the work was embellished by another.

"Still, Page and Martinez think that Peron may have dictated the work in her final days. The words, they say, accurately reflect the sentiments of a first lady who was neither saint nor whore, but a woman who said she saw Christ in the descamisados." https://www.deseret.com/1996/12/12/...2-the-pope-received-40-000-letters-calling-fo