Europa Universalis IV - 13 August 2013

Been doing a Russian run and just noticed who was the current Emperor of China
Russia.png

For extra irony points the Empire of Japan exists in Korea

So... I turned the Bishopric of Verden into a Hanover which basically controls the whole of the OTL North German Federation right now, but I can't for the life of me figure out a name for my North American Colony, for those that want to know, it's borders go from OTL Canada+Antarctica and is slowly spilling down into OTL USA. (because I'm fond of the idea of a super-colony for RP reasons) Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thomas1195

Banned
I remembered playing England, switched to Republic due to admin, trade and production bonuses. I allied with the Dutch (actually helped them annex Austrian Netherlands) and backed Venice against the Ottoman Empire, and then backed the French Revolutionaries until Napoleon emerged. I also colonized North America and Australia.

So... I turned the Bishopric of Verden into a Hanover which basically controls the whole of the OTL North German Federation right now, but I can't for the life of me figure out a name for my North American Colony, for those that want to know, it's borders go from OTL Canada+Antarctica and is slowly spilling down into OTL USA. (because I'm fond of the idea of a super-colony for RP reasons) Do you guys have any suggestions?

A little late but pick the country in Europe you want to humiliate the most and name it "Better That Country"

iT8CqZJ.png

This was something that got very tedious towards the end, but the ending was very satisfying.

Here is the Ottoman Empire, with a bloated empire befitting of the Emperor of the Romans and the Great Rus, of China and India, the Khan of Khans, The Lord of Asia and Africa, Caliph of All Islam, the Undisputed Master of the Old World.

Bar 1 very persistent nuisance called Habsburg Austria.

This game was pretty much a steam roll from the start, so much so that I actively set everything I could against myself in order to make it harder, taking advantage of the fact that this wasn't an Ironman game. Which is why there is a huge fuck-off USA just glaring at the abomination I made from across the ocean, I roleplayed them as hosting the exiled British Royal Family, who'd been pretty cheeky with sniping the colonial holdings of Spain and Portugal while I was killing them both.

It didn't save them when the new and expanded HRE came for them of course, partially because I intervened in the war and made sure they wouldn't survive it.

I'm sad I couldn't end it with me becoming the sole master of the Old World, but this is still pretty cool.

(Also, the American Tricolor is a horrible abomination, being blue, white, and a darker shade of blue)

Last edited:
does anybody know if there is a tool for viewing modded maps? i've been having issues getting the game to run but i only want to use it to see how the map is painted at various dates in the voltaire's nightmare mod. id only need something that maps the province ids to the province map but ideally itd be something thatd map the province history to the province map. i know there are tools that do this for vanilla but are there tools that do it for mods? i think even if i did a bunch of clean installs and got it working itd probably crash my old computer anyway. its a quadcore i got back in 2014 for < £400

does anybody know if there is a tool for viewing modded maps? i've been having issues getting the game to run but i only want to use it to see how the map is painted at various dates in the voltaire's nightmare mod. id only need something that maps the province ids to the province map but ideally itd be something thatd map the province history to the province map. i know there are tools that do this for vanilla but are there tools that do it for mods? i think even if i did a bunch of clean installs and got it working itd probably crash my old computer anyway. its a quadcore i got back in 2014 for < £400
Haven't touched any Paradox stuff for a while now(the company just keeps disappointing me in everything they do) but I remember using Clausewitz Scenario Editor for a lot of things and political map + date is something IIRC it had.