Europa Universalis IV - 13 August 2013

In a bit of a dilemma with Sweden right now. I've beaten Denmark to a pulp, conquered a good chunk of Russia and all of Norway (including Iceland). Do I push East and colonize Siberia? Or go west and recreate Vinland? Decisions, decisions...

if you go west, you have to consider bloody england. if it's not already united kingdom... anyway, if you wish to get something of a EUIV version of Sealion, be sure to have at least two provinces in the isles before attacking or wait before the english are stranded somewhere. otherwise a stackwipe is on its way for sure, i know that feeling very well

if you go west, you have to consider bloody england. if it's not already united kingdom... anyway, if you wish to get something of a EUIV version of Sealion, be sure to have at least two provinces in the isles before attacking or wait before the english are stranded somewhere. otherwise a stackwipe is on its way for sure, i know that feeling very well

England is going to be a tough nut too crack, most of my navy is tied up in galleys (because they're so cheap you'd be stupid not to have them instead of a proper fleet).

I've so far focused on befriending them and hoping that they won't DoW me randomly while I cautiosly expand in the Maritimes and Newfoundland.

I've also decided to push East into Siberia (even though the territory there is pretty crappy imho). Sweden everywhere!

England is going to be a tough nut too crack, most of my navy is tied up in galleys (because they're so cheap you'd be stupid not to have them instead of a proper fleet).

I've so far focused on befriending them and hoping that they won't DoW me randomly while I cautiosly expand in the Maritimes and Newfoundland.

I've also decided to push East into Siberia (even though the territory there is pretty crappy imho). Sweden everywhere!

can you manage to get scotland? if so, lothian and fife are going to be your best friend in defeating england. waiting for them in these provinces might give you a win with 2:1 odds (that's how i beat england with scotland in my, alas, failed Auld Alliance run)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that i think you only get a fot in Lothian if it is your capital, if it's a conquered province i don't think it's going to be fortified. still, it's a sensible idea to build the best possible fort in that province once you conquer it from scotland

Last edited:
So in our multiplayer game, I am the Leechen Keninkryk (Frisian-led Netherlands) and I have built a wall of forts on my borders, and having gone full defensive (in addition to my +50% fort defense NI) it took 52 days to complete a siege tick. Attrition, ho!

aaaand then you pick Hungary, have the best campaign in a long time, getting all the Habsburgs lands in 110 years time, exit to bash in the glory of your new achievement... only to discover that Ironman mode wasn't enabled. well done! :(

Yes I will! And I shall unify GrossDeutchland as my first mission.

i spent last evening reading the release notes and i found several reasons to buy it as well. the "trust and favors" dynamic sounds interesting, thank god i managed to snatch the Take That, Von Habsburgs achievement before they implemented it, or i guess france would never have accepted all my calls to war :p

got it! tried to threaten war to get a province and they answered NO. still haven't managed to put a province in my "interest list". the estates seem easy to handle if you have many provinces, if you are an OPM i guess you might make one happy but risk to get strained relations with the others

got it! tried to threaten war to get a province and they answered NO. still haven't managed to put a province in my "interest list". the estates seem easy to handle if you have many provinces, if you are an OPM i guess you might make one happy but risk to get strained relations with the others

You just click with the tab displaying them to add more; and I believe OPMs don't get estates.

Anyone know how to reduce and limit estates influence? Removing province make them go disloyal. I hate this change at the moment.

Trying this game out for the first time.

Question- Bug or Feature?

Is it possible to have no advisers to hire of a certain type? My Dip guy died and there is no way to replace him. The 'frame' that you click is simply missing. Still have guys from my other two.

Thanks.