Europa Universalis IV - 13 August 2013

The Ottomans for sure. They're strong early on, so you can stomp the nations near you.
If you have the Mandate of Heaven DLC, then try Ming. Playing as Ming with Mandate of Heaven is like wrestling three year olds and you are a wrestling champion

If not, try the Ottomans.
1444 Ottomans. You're big enough that it shouldn't be too difficult while also having enough stuff to do to ensure you learn how to play all the different aspects of the game.

1444 France works for this as well.

I'll try the 1444 Ottomans, then.

I started a game as the Ottomans. So far, I took Constantinople (though the Byzantines are still surviving in Greece), then made war against a smaller Middle Eastern neighbour and took a third of their territory. The year is 1452, and my next move will be to fulfill my mission of conquering southern Greece. My truce with Athens and the rump Byzantine Empire ends in two years, and I will strike then.

Overall, I'll probably try to simply expand into Europe as much as I can and maybe try conquering Levant as well.

Need help, please:

>Bahmanis
>Conquered a lot of OPMs and TPMs
>Vijayanagar is my mortal rival
>Vijayangar is allied with Orissa and Mewar
>Mewar has blobbed a lot
>Gujarat is my vassal, has an army of 5,000 troops
>Bengal is my only ally, but won't join in my war
>The unholy Vijayanagar-Orissa-Mewar axis all have military tech 7, I have military tech 6
>Have more troops than all of them combined

What do?

I've never played but I bought it and some dlcs in steam. Is Castile good for starting out?
Castile gives a good insight into personal unions and colonisation, but not necessarily war. Ottomans gives you good practise for war, conquer, and domination but not so much colonisation or personal unions.

6Urk2FG.png

I still find this hilarious.

How hard would it be to try build a colonial empire as the Ottomans?

Why bother? You have so many other juicer places to gobble up. Persia, North Africa, the Balkans, Ethiopia, the Caucauses, India and East Africa are all ripe for the taking. The Ottomans are a steam roller late game, you don't need to vye for colonies when you have neighbours weaker than you on the separate continents.

Why bother? You have so many other juicer places to gobble up. Persia, North Africa, the Balkans, Ethiopia, the Caucauses, India and East Africa are all ripe for the taking. The Ottomans are a steam roller late game, you don't need to vye for colonies when you have neighbours weaker than you on the separate continents.

Actually, it is quite easy althugh maybe not worth it. You can island-hop through the Indian Ocean and reach Indonesia and the Philipines by launching from Socotra, Oman or the Horn of Africa, all easy to conquer.

Actually, it is quite easy althugh maybe not worth it. You can island-hop through the Indian Ocean and reach Indonesia and the Philipines by launching from Socotra, Oman or the Horn of Africa, all easy to conquer.

I agree that it's easy, but the tech points spent for colonies could be better spent keeping Russia and Austria down militarily and making your finances and state more efficient to fight an endless stream of wars.

I usually make four big armies (Africa, Persia, Russia, Europe) and just constantly cycle through wars until the revolt risk goes down enough that I can launch a new one. Colonizing just slows me down.