Europa Universalis III

Krall

Banned
I bought a physical copy of EUIII Complete awhile back. Can I still buy DW on Steam?

I'm not sure if a Steam version of Divine Wind will work with a non-Steam version of EUIII - I have a physical copy of EUIII too and bought all the expansions from GamersGate, and those work fine, but I'm not sure if the Steam version will work differently or not.

I'm not sure if a Steam version of Divine Wind will work with a non-Steam version of EUIII - I have a physical copy of EUIII too and bought all the expansions from GamersGate, and those work fine, but I'm not sure if the Steam version will work differently or not.

It won't I'm afraid, Steam only works with Steam... If you want to get any expansions you will have to get it off gamersgate (or amazon if in the US)...

Christmas 820:

EU3_18.jpg
Interesting color scheme... Though that mod looks worthwhile. But... what's up with Byzantium: is that huge blue splodge their vassal? And are they in France as well?

Thanks for the screen btw. :eek:

Interesting color scheme... Though that mod looks worthwhile. But... what's up with Byzantium: is that huge blue splodge their vassal? And are they in France as well?

Thanks for the screen btw. :eek:

Western Turkic Bulgaria is a Byzantine Vassal.

That area of France is Byzantine.

Religion is confusing: Alba, Byzantium Africa, And Alemannia are Orthodox, Baetica and Lusitania are Monophysite, Lombardy is Arian, Bulgaria is Western Turkic except all of it`s provinces which are Orthodox, the rest of Europe is Catholic, Ghassanids, Arabs, Albania, Armenia, Persia, and the Caliphate are Muslim, and the Khazars are Jewish.

Finally kicked myself into getting DW. I now have two installations of EU3, so that my old saves and custom stuff sticks about. Now, mod shopping...

I'm considering getting either MEIOU or Vsemirna Vlast- I sincerely doubt that I could get both, considering the complexity of installing MEIOU and the general dodgyness of Vsemirna Vlast... Do any of you have both? I'm going to be using the official 4.1 rather then the betas, if it matters.

Also, does anyone know if Miscmod plays nice with Colony Ingame Name Changer?

EDIT: Ignore that last bit. Never knew they where integrated already :p.

Last edited:
Am I the onyl one who has trouble following long-range plans? Because, no matter my original intentions, my empires always end all over the globe. My "recover Rome" Byzantuim eats Persia, my "rush for America" Spain conquers the ottomans and begins the crawl to the stepped over the ruins of the Golden Horde.., my last game, Teutonic Order to Prusia and hen to conquer the HRE. Until my ally Sweden backstabbed my early in the game. A few decades later, when the Order turned into the Prussian Empire... I had not moved a single province west towards the Empire, and only the capital of Norway survived in Scandinavia, waiting for a CB to join Prussia. Not to mention my conquest on Brittany, wich is useless (btu they shoudl not have joined an alliance cascade agains the Teutons for the fourth time.

I LOATHE alliance cascades. You either have to suck up the constant attacks and the bloody insulting peace offers ("OPM Meath offers peace to France for 1000 gold and cancelling three vassals"). Or you end up conquering nations that you have no interest in, and increasng your Infamy.

Am I the onyl one who has trouble following long-range plans? Because, no matter my original intentions, my empires always end all over the globe. My "recover Rome" Byzantuim eats Persia, my "rush for America" Spain conquers the ottomans and begins the crawl to the stepped over the ruins of the Golden Horde.., my last game, Teutonic Order to Prusia and hen to conquer the HRE. Until my ally Sweden backstabbed my early in the game. A few decades later, when the Order turned into the Prussian Empire... I had not moved a single province west towards the Empire, and only the capital of Norway survived in Scandinavia, waiting for a CB to join Prussia. Not to mention my conquest on Brittany, wich is useless (btu they shoudl not have joined an alliance cascade agains the Teutons for the fourth time.

I LOATHE alliance cascades. You either have to suck up the constant attacks and the bloody insulting peace offers ("OPM Meath offers peace to France for 1000 gold and cancelling three vassals"). Or you end up conquering nations that you have no interest in, and increasng your Infamy.

That happens a lot to me as well. I am conquering the Levant and Egypt while i am meant to be going after Italy. At least i am rich and got fuckloads of manpower.

No one forces you to conquer territory in peace settlements really. :p

Yes, they force you. The (censored) Alliance Cascades do. My conquest of Brittany? I invaded Tver, a two province nation between the Teutons, Lithuania and Muscovy. They only had alliances with Mazovia and some irrelevant HRE minor I do not remember. One month later, I am in a war with ten nations and Venice as war leader. To say nothing about the refusal fo the AI to accept White peaces. If I have to get a 50% victory to earn a peace againt a nation with no surviving armies, then it's gonna be a peace they will not forget.

Brittany? Since I had, literally, all of Europe between us, I had never considered conquering it. But by then it was the fourth time I was in war with then. I made sure there wouldnot be a fifth.

(this is also the game were Bizantium conquered RIGA, also from a cascading alliance, until I got a mission to reconquer then)

Finally kicked myself into getting DW. I now have two installations of EU3, so that my old saves and custom stuff sticks about. Now, mod shopping...

I'm considering getting either MEIOU or Vsemirna Vlast- I sincerely doubt that I could get both, considering the complexity of installing MEIOU and the general dodgyness of Vsemirna Vlast... Do any of you have both? I'm going to be using the official 4.1 rather then the betas, if it matters.

Also, does anyone know if Miscmod plays nice with Colony Ingame Name Changer?

EDIT: Ignore that last bit. Never knew they where integrated already dP.

There is a Mod Folder.

And you have Divine Wind Now!?!?! We finally have a game that we can play together.

No one forces you to conquer territory in peace settlements really. :p

Yes it does. Otherwise there is constant wars and you need the territories manpower and trade resources (which starts even more wars). Also, you definitely don't want ugly borders, that is the most important reason.:p

In my current game with Castille Aragon was dragging me to constant wars with France. Since I wanted to focus on America and didn't want the french knocking on my door every 5 years to take their cores back, I forced them to release their vassal states (Guyenne, Armagnac, Auvergne, etc). I balkanized France in 50 years and got a bunch of buffer allied states to boot.

There is a Mod Folder.

And you have Divine Wind Now!?!?! We finally have a game that we can play together.

To the first part, obviously. It's just that previous versions of MEIOU edited lots of things in the main game, like loading screens.

Anyway, about MP... We'll need to go about getting matching checksums. I also need to sort out which music list to use. Do you have 4.1 or 4.2B?

Anyway, about MP... We'll need to go about getting matching checksums. I also need to sort out which music list to use. Do you have 4.1 or 4.2B?

You realise you can mute the game, then use windows media player to play the music? That way, the checksum won't change because of the custom music being added.