Europa Universalis II

So I finally got this game about two weeks ago, and it turned out to just as good as everyone said it was (Hurra!) so…

1EUII.GIF

I have it too, though I'm not too good at it... How do you get a nation wiped off a map? For example, as the Ottomans I have ruled the province of Thrace for a long time, all that is left of Byzantium is a little ship wandering around. How can I formally take Thrace?

Imajin said:
I have it too, though I'm not too good at it... How do you get a nation wiped off a map? For example, as the Ottomans I have ruled the province of Thrace for a long time, all that is left of Byzantium is a little ship wandering around. How can I formally take Thrace?
You need to make peace with Byzantium, then formally annex them.

Last edited:
damn the computer wont let me upload some screen shots..
well I'll describe it to you.
The world has been split between Russian Austria France England, and most of all China and Byzantium(Me). China rules from Central Siberia, all of china, tibet, and central Asia to the boarders of Byzantine persia, and Indo china, Japan, and Burma. The Byzantines rule all of the balkins and Hungary up into poland around warsaw, Italy, most of NOrth africa, chunks of Spain, All the middle east, th balck sea, and persia and then a third of India with the rest split between china and my Euroean allies. And of course the great colonly of Byzantine north ameirca. All of central america, and the OTL USA. Canada is split between the UK and France. Australia is mine too.

Sorry I just havent seen that game for awhile and I just founf it again.

Last edited:
Constantinople said:
The world has been split between Russian Austria France England, and most of all China and Byzantium(Me). China rules from Central Siberia, all of china, tibet, and central Asia to the boarders of Byzantine persia, and Indo china, Japan, and Burma.

I love playing as Byzantium but the trouble is that you don't get any historical events after 1453. Of course you can DL specifically Byz-tailored mods of the game but EU2 isn't particularly stable in the first place.

Ah Paradox- why do you bring us great but badly programmed games?

Except for Crusader Kings. That was fun but got boring after a while. It's a good game but doesn't have the sheer replayability of EU2. I can finish an EU2 game as Austria and start right out again as Prussia.

Superdude

Banned
Its fun playing as the Iroquois and all of Europe is split between England, Austria, and Lithuania, and the Ottomans have been thoroughly smashed by a coalition of other islamic states.

Valamyr

Banned
I protest; with the latest patch Eu2 is VERY stable, and ive yet to see ANY modding cause stability issues.

I've done my fair share of event scripting and scenario modding, and it ALWAYS runs fine (if it launches, anyhow, which it always does unless you screw up)

ha! Victoria: Empire Under the Sun is (in my opinion) a far greater game. its pretty elitists as well, due to the lack of tutorials.:D maybe i will post some maps to...

i could never realy get into EU2, but i want a game where i can play as the Mongols! and a better satilite state system.

can u create satilte states in EU2?:confused:

Valamyr said:
I protest; with the latest patch Eu2 is VERY stable, and ive yet to see ANY modding cause stability issues.

I've done my fair share of event scripting and scenario modding, and it ALWAYS runs fine (if it launches, anyhow, which it always does unless you screw up)

i have done a bit of modding on Vicky, just changing Names of states and so forth. i need to know how to create new states, and then i will be content.

Scarecrow said:
ha! Victoria: Empire Under the Sun is (in my opinion) a far greater game. its pretty elitists as well, due to the lack of tutorials.:D maybe i will post some maps to...

i could never realy get into EU2, but i want a game where i can play as the Mongols! and a better satilite state system.

can u create satilte states in EU2?:confused:

If you want to play as the Mongols, download the Mongol Invasion mod, which runs from 1150 through 1425 or so... or, you can simply play as the Golden Horde in original EUII scenario - but be forewarned, they have a pretty weak starting situation with a lot of provinces not of state culture/religion, and some really nasty events coming up.

Personally I could never get into Victoria too much, but then again, EUII consumed more of my time... since I downloaded EUII-Vicky conversion mod, however, now it is possible to run a game starting in CK in 1067 and going all the way until 1920... Maybe this will be my next project.

Hermanubis said:
Here is another screen from the game I was playing…

That's an awesome Byzantium you've got there... what are you tech levels and inflation? I usually find it not too hard to survive with the Byzzies in the first few decades as long as you separate European and Asian Ottoman possessions, take Europe first, and then crush whatever is left of them - but I usually tend to go through at least one bankrupcy to get there, which most of the time means higher tech costs, and less disposable funds... then again, I usually tend to put mort of my research efforts towards land tech, as I expect to be lagging behind everyone else otherwise due to relatively weak techgroup.

I had a couple of games as Byzantium where I got lucky and had Ottomans get into it with some of the European powers before they attempted to attack me, and was able to grab most of their provinces with my leaders without having to raise a large army (and therefore to risk going bankrupt), but most of the time I had to take loans in order to get that force of the kataphraktoi... What strategy did you use?

midgardmetal said:
... What strategy did you use?
The grand strategy of…cheating!!:p (Only my second game, so give me a break…) I started out as the Ottomans, royally screwed them over, switched over to Trebizond and took most of the Anatolian provinces, and then switched over to Byzantium to finish them off. I then repeated the process on the Mamluks with Cyprus, Kingdom of Jerusalem and Nubia. I then settled down with Spain. Hopefully I can avoid temptation on my next game and play it straight…

Hermanubis said:
The grand strategy of…cheating!!:p (Only my second game, so give me a break…) I started out as the Ottomans, royally screwed them over, switched over to Trebizond and took most of the Anatolian provinces, and then switched over to Byzantium to finish them off. I then repeated the process on the Mamluks with Cyprus, Kingdom of Jerusalem and Nubia. I then settled down with Spain. Hopefully I can avoid temptation on my next game and play it straight…

Heh... I am thinking my next TL will be a somewhat humorous take on EUII game - that is, after I am finished with the Unholy Roman Empire TL which is finally coming into a last century and a half of the story... the darn thing is nearly 100 pages long in Microsoft Word already, and will probably add at least another 50 or more pages before the end. Then... I will write a TL where I can poke liberal fun at things like sheep, airships, the Fallen (in particular the one... way too enthusiastic HRE fan), heavy metal, alcohol, and all other things worthy of note - based on an EUII game I will play to fill in the "semi-historical" material. It might end up being completely ASB, but what the hell... at least it should be a relatively decent read (I hope) :eek:

Personally I could never get into Victoria too much, but then again, EUII consumed more of my time... since I downloaded EUII-Vicky conversion mod, however, now it is possible to run a game starting in CK in 1067 and going all the way until 1920... Maybe this will be my next project.

Now, if we could only get one of our enthusiastic modders to make a Vicki - Hearts of Iron 2 conversion mod. Then, yes, we would be in paradise. Will the Mongols or the Byzantines develop the nuclear bomb first?!?!? Oh the humanity. ;)