Europa Universalis II

This game is turning out to be very interesting...

treich.jpg

How the hell did that happen?
First, Austria getting flattened by a massive super-Hungary in a 1337 war, then, Autrian involvement in a series of wars initiated by a crazily agressive House of Bourbon, then, Austrian involvement in the HYW. :D

Now, I have no idea how this happened...

treich2.jpg

Some screens from a game of Aberration, an AH mod for EU2. I'm playing as Granada and just won a war against the evil Eire-Burgundy-Sicily-Brittany-Papal States-Teutonic Order alliance. It also broke the alliance up apparently so now it's Burgundy-Brittany-Eire, Scotland-Sicily, and TO-Pope.

EU2_Granada_1.png

Europe. I took Navarra, Bearn, and Roussillon from Burgundy.

EU2_Granada_2.png

North America. I took Savannah and Moron from Sicily, and Massachusetts and Nova Scotia from Burgundy.

EU2_Granada_3.png

South America. I took Cangucu from Eire.

EU2_Granada_4.png

Southern Africa. I took Ciskei from Eire.

So I've never actually finished a game of EUII. To be completely honest, half the time I don't even know what's going on. I cheated a little in this game (what's a million gold? and full map...) because it's been almost 2 years since I played last. Anywho, Portugal 1500. I have a 'slightly tarnished reputation' because I got sucked into two wars with Spain due to my alliance with England who was at war with France who was allied to Spain. Needless to say I crunched their face, but as I was not the one dictating terms, I annexed some of their core provinces giving me the badboy rating. But I do have legit military access through about 75% of Europe. And I got my shipyard--that's nearly 50 ships, baby!

Anywho, France has been unifying like mad the last 50 years (most of it taking place over the first 10 years of that!) and Burgundy fell apart with Austria getting the Netherlands. Umm, if you can tell, yess that is Hungary on fire courtesy of Lithuania (Hungary has that little bit in Savoy area, but not the Teutonics though same color).

Portugal1500.png

Germany unified a little earlier than in OTL.

screensave3d.png

It all started in the 1400s with a Bohemia that was a little too agressive and conquered most of the German minor states, then everyone got angry at Bohemia and declared war at her. Taking the chance, the conquered German minor states united as Germany to free themselves from the evil Bohemians.

The Germans were also visited by people from the future which gave them a map of the world, so they could begin colonizing the Americas along with the other european powers.

If I don't get bored and actually finish this, I'll convert the savefile to Victoria: Revolutions.

Europe as my game with the Ottomans, following some issues between me and the Austrians. By which I mean a cold war ending with the Austrians going bankrupt and me being awesome.

Also, Ottoman Somalia, Guinea, and West African Coast.

anything 2.png

Now this is interesting. The New World, circa 1703.

I have colonized New England quite well, but in the middle of it France stole my glory and became spot #1. I was hoping that Queen Anne's War would allow me to jump in and counqer the Northeast.

However, nothing happened. No war, no nothing. Now I'm left to stack up troops in my planned war with France.

EDIT:Hahahahahaha! It worked! I managed to make France pay me 500 ducats and they were beaten by me! I had to stop my invasion when the French landed in Thrace...

anything 2.png

Last edited:
April 16th, 1423

Brandenburg has been at war with Bohemia for over two years. It was declared under the guise of Bohemia's conversion to the Protestant faith, but now it has become a war of counqest. Despite several close calls and withdraws, Brandenburg is now winning. A new reinforecement from the North has helped set the stage for the final strike.

With the main Bohemian army occupied invading Saxony for another time, the army has struck to the capitol. None of Bohemia's armies have stopped them yet, and it appears the small nation of Bohemia may wind up winning an improbable war.

With royal marriages across all of Europe, Brandenburg is becoming a powerful force in Europe...

anything.png

February 1st, 1424

Brandenburg has won. Bohemia folded and ceded Silesia to the nation, and the war ended. Saxony and Brandenburg's other allies still wage war against the Bohemians, who now face an internal rebellion.

Brandenburg ranks first in the world, and the future looks bright.

anything.png

May 9th, 1427

Brandenburg, in an unexpected turn of events, has invaded and annexed the Byzantine Empire. The city has fallen to the invaders, which managed to cross through Southern Europe and the Ottomans. The city held out for two years, but now it has fallen to the near-unstoppable force of Brandenburg...

anything.png

Hehe, beating a dead horse, maybe, but as someone has stolen my EUIII, I'm back at EUII.

Started up as Nippon, for giggles, and to get back into the swing of things dropped the montezuma cheat for 50k ducats. At last check, I still had the vast bulk of it, but it's there to keep me from doing anything stupid.

Anywho, got a question since I was never good at diplomacy and always relied upon straight warfare. China and Korea (China's vassal) have been in a military alliance since "Go!" and its' now around 1450s. Manchuria has all of 2 provinces left. I have Arakan as my vassal, a couple of colonies up around Vladivostok area and the tip of India. The bulk of my Alliance is in the Cambodia region; I even somehow ended up annexing Khmer during a war there.

Anywho, I've long-since forgotten - how does one diploannex? And more, how can I keep my badboy down (actually giving a crap for a change makes things harder!) and get a reason to kick China's ass? They have the #1 spot somehow, including colonies in Iran - yeah, Zheng He's legacy. I've recently busted into the top 10, but I need to geld that behemoth before things get out of hand. Naval superiority is a foregone conclusion, and my Land Tech is on par; if I boost it just before the war, I should have at least 1 level on him.

Any thoughts, suggestions, advice?

I might work up enough care to make a worlda map of what I can see (which is quite a lot through exchanging discoveries, for once).