• Thread starter Deleted member 101966
  • Start date

ST15RM

Banned
1587698025802.png

what i got done today.

1589057853342.png

Work on Mars EqualC coastlines.
It's not in the size of equalc remind you, it's in scale to equalc of earth.

Also i̛͎̠m̖̣̺͎̜͟ ̶̯͉͎͚i̞͍͕̰͖̪͕n̤̼̩̗̝͓̞͘ ̠͓̯̦̕p̡̖͍a̳͓i̢̦n̫͉͓̕ͅͅ because of all the tiny-ass lakes :)
I might've chosen literally the worst height for time, but it's the most appropiate as well :)

I’ll try to do a river EqualA, i’ve Already spent way too much time using a personal equal earth river base that i may as well do it

Hey, I was just going through this thread again and saw this. By any chance, would you be willing to make your personal EqualA river map available? Thanks!

1591814847640.png

australia
since i have no idea to seperate other info from one another (floodplains and dry waters) i now will begin patching subdivisions

1591866912174.png

well this place is dead as a rock :/
this is the political map, no rivers, no floodplains, no dry lakes, just subdivisions and colored nations in X2

Equirectangular is mathematically simple at the expense of being good for anything

How easy is it for someone to change equalX to an infinitely tiling map? Or to change the centre of the map so as to avoid eurocentrism? If I wanted to make a map showing Japanese possessions in WW2 and also use this same map to show the Battle of the Atlantic the only choice I have is using equirectangular maps.

The popularity of nontilable maps with no alternative centre on this forum speaks to the homogeneity of both users and of interests. Chinese, Japanese, and even maps in Oceania whose users use this site are not centred on London.

How easy is it for someone to change equalX to an infinitely tiling map? Or to change the centre of the map so as to avoid eurocentrism? If I wanted to make a map showing Japanese possessions in WW2 and also use this same map to show the Battle of the Atlantic the only choice I have is using equirectangular maps.

The popularity of nontilable maps with no alternative centre on this forum speaks to the homogeneity of both users and of interests. Chinese, Japanese, and even maps in Oceania whose users use this site are not centred on London.
Nah, it's mainly because of many standard projections being based in Greenwich. The only real reason you'd use the pacific-centre is really to show a Japan-centric world, as I find having the centre at the IDL usually splits Eurasia between both sides of the map, or distorts it quite wackily.
I will admit, however, that it is quite annoying sometimes. There's the old worlda, which did indeed have a pacific-centre.
1595083528570.png

The only real reason you'd use the pacific-centre is really to show a Japan-centric world, as I find having the centre at the IDL usually splits Eurasia between both sides of the map, or distorts it quite wackily.

That's right. You'd need a Pacific centred map when you want to focus on the Pacific or Asia or Oceania. People did the Pacific map centring with all of the maps on the worldA thread? Did they use a program or do it manually?

I've no idea what the most complete version looks like, and I'm a bit confused about where this project stands at the moment (claims and progress and all) so I apologize if I did something already done. But anyway, here's some of the Pacific. It's very difficult to tell what is a single pixel island or not, so the accuracy of French Polynesia is not great. I'll probably re-do most of the smaller island chains (esp. when I get to Micronesia!!) with a different basemap.

4ZilGH2.png

Hi, no clue if anyone is still interested in this, but I'm working on an Inkscape SVG of a Pacific-Centered map. My original goal was to make a Future History Map/TL showing a Cold War between America and China, but I decided to first make a basemap that everybody can use.

Hi, no clue if anyone is still interested in this, but I'm working on an Inkscape SVG of a Pacific-Centered map. My original goal was to make a Future History Map/TL showing a Cold War between America and China, but I decided to first make a basemap that everybody can use.

Go right ahead. Looking forward to the map and the TL