EqualX Project

• Thread starter Deleted member 101966
  • Start date
I think that in order for this to compete with formats like WorldA and QBAM, a few basemap types are needed, especially for WorldA and WorldAA.

Off the top of my head, I would find these most useful for making maps:

- Topography (mostly done already)
- Rivers (highly needed)
- Climate / Biomes (mostly done already)
- Political 1800ish
- Political WW1 / 1910s
- Political WW2 / 1930s
- Political modern / 2010s (done)

I’ll try to do a river EqualA, i’ve Already spent way too much time using a personal equal earth river base that i may as well do it

upload_2019-12-24_22-30-19.png

Well.... The EqualAA was too small for 1700. So I'll be switching over. But here's what I did in the meanwhile :)

Topographic Color Suggestion.
Change 0 Meters fron #ACD0A5 to #80B58B, the lighter shade instead of the darker one is a bit confusing.
Change basins from #A7DFD2 to #8DC3A2, it makes the map look a bit better.
Old:
upload_2019-12-25_21-50-21.png

New:
upload_2019-12-25_21-48-58.png

yknow what, for maps of other planets it'd be better if we did multiple elevation levels for each one, rather than just guesstimating where a coastline could go and then settling with that

yknow what, for maps of other planets it'd be better if we did multiple elevation levels for each one, rather than just guesstimating where a coastline could go and then settling with that
Well, the only reason I used that exact level is because the basemaps I made had those levels. Feel free to use mine as reference though.
Edit: By the way, if you have gprojector this might really help:
https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/space-equirectangular.478195/

Well, I kind of disappeared from the forum, let's say I had some problems but ... well being straightforward, coordinates in 1 degree for EqualD is done

EqualD - Coordenates.png