Empire of the Setting Sun: A Graphics Timeline

Empire of the Setting Sun
1668033629527.png
This is my first timeline on this site and the POD is that Cromwell's Commonwealth survived.. I have incorporated many ideas from other timelines into this one and timelines I have taken particular inspiration from are These Fair Shores, Hail Britannia, The Yiddish Policeman's Union, and Good King George. I am always up for listening to ideas. This timeline is still not totally finished so I might not have answers to all your questions. Thanks and enjoy.

The flag was created by @FriendlyGhost. Thanks.

The United Commonwealth
1668040806714.png

The United Commonwealth of Great Britain and Ireland is a country in Europe and is one of the continents only Republics. The Commonwealth was formed in 1649 (de facto) or in 1660 ( de jure). The nation started out as a Puritan oligarchy and has slowly and painfully transitioned to democracy. For example, within living memory Britain was a dictatorship. Britain consists of four home nations and three territories. The current leader of the nation is President Keir Starmer of the Liberal Party serving alongside Vice President Gerry Adams

Last edited:
The United Commonwealth of Great Britain and Ireland is a country in Europe and is one of the continents only Republics. The Commonwealth was formed in 1649 (de facto) or in 1660 ( de jure). The nation started out as a Puritan oligarchy and has slowly and painfully transitioned to democracy. For example, within living memory Britain was a dictatorship. Britain consists of four home nations and three territories. The current leader of the nation is President Keir Starmer of the Liberal Party serving alongside Vice President Gerry Adams
View attachment 788030
Wow! I was expecting a theocratic dystopia, but this is a pleasant surprise!

It was a theocratic oligarchy until the presidency of Hugh Smithson and the dictatorship of Jeffery Amherst. Then the British people decided they had enough and created a new republic.

Interesting in seeing where this will go. Is a world map on the table soon?
Thanks. Unfortunately, I have subpar map skills so I don't think it will be that soon.

It was a theocratic oligarchy until the presidency of Hugh Smithson and the dictatorship of Jeffery Amherst. Then the British people decided they had enough and created a new republic.
That probably explains why Britain is even less religious in this world than in our own.

Columbian Empire: The Emperor and The Empress
1668050476772.png

Charles IV has reigned as Emperor of Columbia for more than 50 years. On October 7, 2022, he finally overcame his grandfather, Emperor William as longest-reigning monarch in Columbian history. He was born as the eldest son of the Prince of Chesapeake but, after his father's untimely death in the War of the 9th Coalition or the Second Great War, became heir to the Columbian throne.

1668050539324.png

Her Majesty The Empress Consort was consort of Charles IV for five decades and died just two months from their 75th anniversary. She was born as Elizabeth Hamilton, Lady of Hanover to Prince Albert of Hanover and Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon.
1668050550213.png

1668050989947.png

1668051002983.png

Last edited: